DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My sister died

Elgee

Thank you very very much, everyone. Your support means the world to me!

Dar, I think she has to go in every time but not sure. They're quite near the hospital. She knows everyone there anyway, as she used to be a paramedic and then a trainer for paramedics.

She was a trained radiographer - she actually worked with Chris Barnard and his team in the years just after he did the first heart transplant.

She's quite accomplished!

Hoping the side effects, if any, are mild.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

URGH. Cancer. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I pray she gets well fully and that the cancer goes away and is eaten by the Monster That Eats All The Nasty Things So They Really Never Come Back And Thus Really Isn't A Monster But More Of A Large Cuddly Teddy Bear With Sharp Teef.

And don't worry about us. We will be good. And try not to break another of your cuendillar "toys". *shrugs* It happens.

In all seriousnesss... *hugs* I'm so sorry. Cancer sucks.

Aaaahhh Boopsy, I do love you so! lol

Thank you, people :)

It's a bit hard on us, since my sister lives in East London (South Africa, not the UK) and we're in Cape Town. My 1 other sister is driving up there tomorrow to be with her, but it's an 11 hour drive so we can't do it on a weekend.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. She sounds awesome and I'm sure everyone in the hospital is falling over their selves to give her the best care. 

If there's anything I can do help let me know! From small DM stuff to organising a bunch of cheerful letters to be sent to her/you/your mum.

Take care of yourself too 

Thank you, guys!

As long as you guys can keep DM going and let me know if I'm missing something important, I'd be very grateful. I'm here, but not as much as normal and my concentration is a bit off.

Thank you so much for the support, everyone.

My sister is home after her first chemo session, and apparently doing ok, all things considered. She's just very cold, for some reason. 2 of my sisters went up there and are sorting thing out for her (and making her bastard husband buy her the stuff she needs, but which he's refused to do so far).

Thank you so much for the support, everyone.

My sister is home after her first chemo session, and apparently doing ok, all things considered. She's just very cold, for some reason. 2 of my sisters went up there and are sorting thing out for her (and making her bastard husband buy her the stuff she needs, but which he's refused to do so far).

Sounds like he needs a visit from a few warders.. or at least some of your Nigerian friends.

As an update: my sister came home after her first chemo session, but has since gone back to hospital twice after collapsing due to dehydration and low hemoglobin count? Not sure what that is or means. She's in hospital at the moment, and not doing well. She received blood transfusions but they only helped a bit. She's now also developed red spots all over her body, some of which have become ulcerous. The doctors aren't sure if this is a side effect of the chemo, or if it's another cancer. They say if it's another cancer, there's nothing more they can do for her. We're waiting to hear the results of the tests, but my brother-in-law and nephew are very uncommunicative. And not the sharpest spoons in the drawer anyway. It's really frustrating.