DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Too Sober

LedZepMan

Melatonin works really well for me... I know a lot of people who have tried it and say it doesn't help them a bit, though.

It works in about half an hour for me, I'll get a little bit sleepy - the kind of sleepy you can push through and stay awake if you want to, but if you give in to it and go to bed, you realize that you really can sleep.

If I let myself run out (or forget to bring it with me on vacation), I'll start to notice within a couple of days that I don't really get tired at a decent time of night, and if I try to go to bed early it takes me half of forever to drift off to sleep.

It works okay for me. The problem is that here it´s a medicin that you need perscription for and the medicin is really expensive. As I understand it, it´s easier an cheaper to get in USA. 

• RP - LEGACY

I really don't sleep much, and generally when I do it is because I have worn myself out.

Just got too many stressers, and mind won't really stop working. I know it's a no-no, but I have to leave a tv on for the sound. If I can find something I like, I can listen to it, it seems to keep my mind occupied, and I might get a couple hours sleep.

Anyone have ideas to keep away bad dreams?

• 4 weeks later...

Is vitamin c and whiskey a good combination?

Does it taste good? No. I mean the whiskey does. Not those nasty vitamins. I dislike oranges (and most fruit), so I take it in capsule form.

Whiskey goes great with everything when your 12+ hours outside in below 0 weather. It goes good with a sandwich, or a cigarette, or even a tumble down the mountain. Warms ya up a bit, and gets the blood pumping.

Science says that's wrong, but it works for me!

Below 0 C or F?

My first winter working on a drilling rig was in the High-Line of NE Montana/NW North Dakota.

I worked night shift (6pm - 6am) for my two week hitch. That entire two weeks it never raised above -45 F, and the coldest I remember was -57 F.

Needless to say I hate the high line.

0 degrees F is when I go inside because it's too cold out, and 100 degrees F is when I go inside because it's too hot out, but my soul endures both each year, as my city sees those temps in the winter and the summer. Luckily, only a few days of each, but I see them.

Hmm...

Then you have a larger tolerance range than me. How many degrees SI was 0 F again? -20 or something? I wouldn't wanna go outside in those temperatures. And as for 100 F... That's 37 C. It's been that hot here once in my lifetime and I felt like I was dying. I typically don't go outside if it's warmer than 27 C (which I believe is 82 F).

I detest weather above 80 degrees. Summertime kills me.

I detest weather above 80 degrees. Summertime kills me.

I was the same way until my real late 40's, especially when I worked construction. When you do hard work in the elements without shade, the heat is a brutal enemy. The cold sucks too, but I can endure temps in the teens a lot better than I can endure temps in the upper 90's when I'm digging and swinging a sledgehammer. Of course, I'm too old and fat for that now, and my back can't handle it anymore.