DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Troll Hunt

Adella

89sTOT2.gif

Hello everyone, and thank you so much for attending to this emergency so quickly! *straightens her glasses and tries to tuck in a few stray hairs on her head*

I'm sorry, I am a bit flustered, as I'm sure you may have guessed... You see... And I'm not quite sure how this may have happened... 

Alright, I'm just going to say it!

Somehow a Troll has gotten into Hogwarts!!!!

No, no, it's not Umbridge, don't worry, she is still to terrified of the centaurs to even venture within... I don't know how many kilometers is very far, but trust me, it's a long long way from here.

Anywhoo, we need to hunt down this troll!!

So, anyone who would like to volunteer to search for this troll, please post here. 

How this game works:

I will be hiding images of Trolls in posts throughout Harry Potter Week threads.

Players will need to find them and quote the post here so we can see that you have indeed found the troll. 

Please include a fun way you defeated the troll, for points will be awarded for style!

I will then remove that image from that post that was quoted, for each troll can only be defeated once.

There will be 3 new trolls a day.

If needed, I will post hints, but I don't forsee those being needed, as there are not many threads to look through.

Trolls will look like this:

3u1VHiB.gif

Troll #3 in the pensieve thread!

Turin sees the troll looking in the pensieve. Turin just takes out his wand and says wingardium leviosa ...The troll begins to float  up away from the pensieve and out the open window. higher and higher it goes also farther away out into the Black Lake. Turin thinks that is high and far enough and with a quick finite incantatum he puts his wand away. Outside the troll falls into the lake, and sinks right to the bottom...

Edited by Turin Turambar

I found a troll too!

And I suddenly realise that I've been thinking and spelling Anchors Away wrong for my whole life.

nLn0vIe.gif

Ithi was doing extra credit in Divination, which basically meant drinking lots of tea. It's a hard life.

The Troll crashing in through the ceiling was a shock. Where had it fallen from? Trolls don't generally fly?

The Divination classroom wasn't really suited to a Troll and the best pink China was perilously close.

Time for action .

She grabbed her wand and pointed it firmly at the Troll.

*TROLLOMUNGUS SPUDIMUNKUS*

plop!

There was a potato where the Troll had been. Hufflepuffs know all about potatoes.

She picked it up and walked out towards the kitchens.

• RP - LEGACY

Dear Professor Snape,

I overhead a recent conversation in St. Mungo's recently and it has come to my attention that you would benefit from the use of the most efficacious Occamy Egg Yolk Shampoo. It is most effective on oily hair and will also condition most effectively without increasing the oiliness of one's scalp. I will have it shipped to Hogwarts immediately. Please consider it a gift.

Sincerely,

Gilderoy Lockhart (at least, that's what they say my name is)

pHJon67.gif

Finding a troll by my messenger owls, I instruct them to fly around him and keep him caged in until proper authorities can be brought in.

5 points each to Turin for Gryffindor, Ithi for Hufflepuff, and Dar'Jen for Gryffindor!!!

Lily, unfortunately each troll can only be defeated once, so only Turin was able to get the points for troll #3.

*A First year student comes rushing up and whispers urgently into Adella's ear* What's that? No, that's just silly... There couldn't possibly be... *listens to more urgent whispers*

Well... Apparently there are even MORE trolls who have found their way into the castle! Please find and defeat them!!

The 5th Troll is in the Defense against the Dark Arts thread!

• photo-thumb-35100.jpg?_r=1488334797
  • Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

*gives the scorpion a bit of a boost* 

6028f5df74830c10e1b298ee8bb8855c.jpg

now be quick and decisive class! someone step up before it randomly stabs someone!

nqyrAMT.gif

Edited by Adella, Yesterday, 09:28 PM. 
Troll!!

• photo-thumb-35100.jpg?_r=1488334797
  • Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

*gives the scorpion a bit of a boost* 

6028f5df74830c10e1b298ee8bb8855c.jpg

now be quick and decisive class! someone step up before it randomly stabs someone!

nqyrAMT.gif

Edited by Adella, Yesterday, 09:28 PM. 
Troll!!

1Cor 1:18

Thinking quickly, I pulled out my wand and cast Confundo! As he stood there looking around in confusion, I grabbed a deck of cards and quickly dealt a hand of bridge. He was easy to defeat, as he did not understand the game, and so I beat him quickly in a series of games, inundating him with humiliating defeats until he was buried in bridge losses. At this point, he was, you could say, a troll under the...bridge. Nothing for it then but to lower my head in my best billy goat impression and butt him into the kitchens, where I stuffed him into a potato sack until he can be properly disposed of. My head hurts now. In the fairy tale, the billy goats gruff do not seem to have this issue. :unsure:

Edited by Gentled Ben

Ithi was wandering through the Great Hall, wondering if pudding was still available. She'd had baked potato for dinner. The crashing sounds and sight of another Troll stomping on the tables was a bit unexpected. Where were they coming from. She pointed her wand at the stone phoenix on the Headmaster's Lectern.

*Piertotum Locomotor!*

The phoenix swooped through the hall and snatched up the Troll by its ear. It continued through the Hall and then out of the door, gaining height as it reached the outside. A few moments later she heard a loud splash. Another Troll for the Merfolk to deal with.

she reached over a table that was mostly still in one piece and grabbed an eclair. Pudding!

First time I've ever taken a sorting test, but I knew. :wink:

zMQuZAh.gif

Slytherin. 93 %

Gryffindor 50 %

gFQTYVz.gif

Turin was hungry. He had eaten some nice Chinese food for lunch but that was 2 hours ago and he was hungry again. He went to the great hall and found a troll eating the last of the dim sum. this made Turin quite cross. So he took out his wand and pointed it at the troll PETRIFRICUS TOTALICUS. The troll froze solid. WINGARDIUM LEVIOSO and Turin walked the now floating troll out into the yard just outside the owlery. He set the troll down in a solid area where the owls flew in and out of the owlery, and left it there. 

He did come back in a day or so to find the troll's head and torso covered in owl poo  :baalzamon:  :baalzamon:  :baalzamon:

Edited by Turin Turambar

Gentled Ben earns 5 points for Ravenclaw

Ithi earns 5 points for Hufflepuff

Turin earns 5 points for Gryffindor

Congratulations to all of the participants!! You have been very brave, and hopefully these points will help show my appreciation for all of you risking your lives as students to help save the student body of Hogwarts from imminent danger, and likely death. I'm so glad that you have all volunteered to assist me so the staff of the school can keep things running business as usual :wub:

Now, you aren't done yet, so please get back out there and find some more trolls!!

v0kB1X9.gif

Welcome to The Pensieve Training Course here at Hogwart's!!

Here we will be testing your ability to perceive people's memories based upon fragments of those memories. Get the answers right and you will earn points for your house, and possibly glory for yourself.  

This is how it will work. I will post portions of memories devised from a combination of the books and films each day. You may make a guess regarding the person whose memory it is and what the memory was about. In order to give everyone an equal chance to guess, all serious guesses MUST BE MADE IN PM. Humorous guesses may be posted in the thread and MAY be rewarded with additional "making the professor laugh" points.

Points will be rewarded as follows:

Guessed correctly  after first clue posted: 5 points

Guessed correctly after second clue posted: 3 points

Guessed correctly after third clue posted: 1 point

Please let it be known which house you will be playing for in the course of this game. Either in the thread or in your guessing PM. 

HP and the Philosopher's Stone: solved by

Niniel - 5 points to RAVENCLAW

Ithi -  3 pointe to HUFFLEPUFF

Lessa- 3 points to GRYFFINDOR

LZM - 3 points to SLYTHERIN

Adella - 3 points to RAVENCLAW

HP and the Chamer of Secrets: solved by

Daruya - 5 points to GRYFFINDOR

Ithi - 3 points to HUFFLEPUFF

Lessa -  3 points to GRYFFINDOR

Niniel -  3 points to RAVENCLAW

HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban: solved by

LZM -  5 points to SLYTHERIN

HP and the Goblet of Fire: solved by

Ithi - 5 points to HUFFLEPUFF

Adella - 5 points to RAVENCLAW

HP and the Order of the Phoenix:

HP and the Half-Blood Prince:

HP and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1):

HP and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2):

House Scores

GRYFFINDOR: 34

RAVENCLAW: 32

HUFFLEPUFF: 24

SLYTHERIN: 17

UIzbHPU.gif

Eeeeek! A troll!

I squeal loudly and run around it in circles, forcing it to turn constantly, faster and faster.  The creature becomes ever more confused and dizzy, until finally I throw an angry cat at its face.

Nothing can withstand the angry cat.

Edited by Songstress

• RP - LEGACY

PFzUXda.gifWelcome to Divination Class!

This year you have a choice to make.

Firstly, the lovely Professor Trelawney can read your future in the Tea Leaves.Just help yourself to a cup of tea and then PM me the number of the teacup you chose. I'll let you know what she saw in the leaves. Your other choice is to visit the Department of Mysteries and see if there's a prophecy there for you. Take a look below for more information about how each choice works.x7pJZKd.gif1. Just choose a cup and send me a PM with the number. I'll then reveal your awesome Professor Trelawney style fortune! Don't reveal your choice in the Thread!yIg36bV.gif

And the second option?8dwnUdL.gif2. Here you can venture into the Department of Mysteries and see if there's a prophesy for you. Just send me a PM with a question you'd like answering and I'll consult my Oracle. Just so you know, I don't profess to have any special fortune telling skills so once again this is just for fun. I'll post the response in the Thread, so if you'd prefer it to be an anonymous answer, just let me know when you ask your question.I'll be using The Crystal Oracle, which is is a forecasting tool that aims to give instant decisions about anything you choose. It uses five semi precious stones sympathetic to energy patterns - the amethyst for spirituality and wisdom, the aquamarine for happiness and activity, the carnelian for strength and self, the rose quartz for health and prosperity and the tourmaline for power and energy. Please be patient with me. I'll respond to everyone's requests as quickly as I can. And of course you can do both if you like. :smile:

**Important Notice: Posts in this Thread will earn you House points - to go towards the House Cup!!

Points earned so far.

Gryffyndor - 20

Ravenclaw - 9

Hufflepuff - 21

Slytherin - 6And help yourself to a siggy as a thank you for joining in :)oAmFUxP.gif

[img=http://i.imgur.com/oAmFUxP.gif]
Aw0kFjO.gif

Oh, look, there's another troll.

While sending a few of the owl messengers to get help, I pick up large handfulls of gravel and straw into the air and cause it to swirl about the trolls head so that he cannot see me or a way of escape.

While dealing with a Boggart, a troll appeared.

ZnSuHPP.gif

It's time to face your fears and find your RIDDIKULUS! That's right, it's time to banish some boggarts. This is a game that anyone can play and join in - at any time. Think of 'This beats That' - with a comedic twist and you won't be far wrong. Each player will banish the previous boggart and then create a new boggart for the next player to deal with. Don't forget to use the Riddikulus charms and your bestest wand!
You enter the classroom to find a new teacher and a mostly empty room. The only item of furniture is a large wardrobe.
Hello! I'm Cross and due to an unexpected turn of events, I'm your new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. In this class we'll be learning how to banish boggarts. It's quite simple, you just have to be confident and change the boggart using magic and will power. We'll be using the Riddikulous charm to do this. Let me demonstrate.
I just need to unlock the wardrobe ...
Alohomora!
*waves wand*
Out of the wardrobe springs a giant hound! It's teeth look super sharp and it's not happy at all.
Riddikulus!
The hound becomes a cute puppy. It looks up and tips its head adorably.
Got it? OK, Let's get the next student up here.
As the next student approaches, the puppy changes into a giant troll, it's holding a large club which it raises menacingly. Growling, the club begins its downstroke ...

---
So the next player will start by using the Riddikulus charm on the previous posters' scary Boggart (in this case the troll) and transform it into something harmless. Don't forget to then create a new scary boggart for the next student. Feel free to illustrate your ideas, but please use spoiler tags for large images and post warnings for flashing images.
GO!
Have fun!

Egm63PK.gif

Ithi tried the usual spell.

RIDDIKULUS!

But it remained a Troll :angry:

oz5.jpg

She was getting a bit fed up of these trolls randomly appearing and acting like they owned the place. And ... wearing red shoes?

Maybe they were climbing back out of the lake? What's a really good way of getting rid of a bad guy permanently? Ah yes.

Accio House!

A house came falling out of the sky and landed on the troll - squishing him completely. Only his ruby slippers remained, poking out from the edge.

Hufflepuffs make particularly good finders and Ithi often wandered through Turin's Threads. She found Troll Number 9 Please quite easily and considered the best way to deal with it. Then Led gave her a brilliant idea.

PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!

Led went stiff as a board and hard as stone.

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!

She used the spell to pick up the Led Club and beat the Troll unconscious.

Now THAT'S godmodding :wink:

v0kB1X9.gif

Welcome to The Pensieve Training Course here at Hogwart's!!

Here we will be testing your ability to perceive people's memories based upon fragments of those memories. Get the answers right and you will earn points for your house, and possibly glory for yourself.

This is how it will work. I will post portions of memories devised from a combination of the books and films each day. You may make a guess regarding the person whose memory it is and what the memory was about. In order to give everyone an equal chance to guess, all serious guesses MUST BE MADE IN PM. Humorous guesses may be posted in the thread and MAY be rewarded with additional "making the professor laugh" points.

Points will be rewarded as follows:

Guessed correctly after first clue posted: 5 points

Guessed correctly after second clue posted: 3 points

Guessed correctly after third clue posted: 1 point

Please let it be known which house you will be playing for in the course of this game. Either in the thread or in your guessing PM.

HP and the Philosopher's Stone: solved by

Niniel - 5 points to RAVENCLAW

Ithi - 3 pointe to HUFFLEPUFF

Lessa- 3 points to GRYFFINDOR

LZM - 3 points to SLYTHERIN

Adella - 3 points to RAVENCLAW

HP and the Chamer of Secrets: solved by

Daruya - 5 points to GRYFFINDOR

Ithi - 3 points to HUFFLEPUFF

Lessa - 3 points to GRYFFINDOR

Niniel - 3 points to RAVENCLAW

HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban: solved by