DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lets pretend I have a very original clever title

Nebulae

Hello hello to whoever is reading! I'm Nebulae, Neb, Nebbler, whatever you'd want to call me :) I just recently began reading the WoT series as a recommendation from my dad. He asked my grandfather is he still had his old books, but sadly he did not. So, my grandfather went out and bought the entire series. I began reading, and I'm absolutely loving it. I just finished book two recently, and I'm very excited to get my hands on book three. I'm very excited to become a part of this community, and hopefully I can make good friends with many of you!

Hello, Nebulae. I just finished a re-read of Book Three myself, so I'm about where you are.

I'm always pleasantly surprised to see a love of a book handed down to the next generation. It seems so rare as kids deliberately distance themselves from what their parents enjoyed. I introduced my son to the Lord of the Rings by reading them to him when he was around ten.

Welcome! Hopefully Ill have a kid on the way in a year or two, and I hope Im lucky enough to have one thats open to reading my favorite books. I already have thought out lists of what books I can read to them at what age to make sure theyre exposed to the good stuff before they get their first iphone 25 or whatever.

But enough about me. Im interested to hear your favorite character as well. Hopefully it's Bela just like everyone else. 

I'm torn between niblet and nibbles.

Nice to meet you. Meeting me can be nice, pending on the circumstances. To be continued.

Welcome to DM!  :birgitte:

Those are possibly the most creative names I've received so far. I'm going for Niblet. Favorite character has to be either Lan or Perrin. Perrin due to him being a Wolfbrother, thats just such a fascinating concept to me. I don't have too much of a reason for Lan. He's just pretty cool. Thank you! I do actually have a question. Is there a certain age you are supposed to be before you're on Dragonmount? I looked and didn't see anything on the topic, though I may have overlooked it!

Hello, Nebulae. I just finished a re-read of Book Three myself, so I'm about where you are.

I'm always pleasantly surprised to see a love of a book handed down to the next generation. It seems so rare as kids deliberately distance themselves from what their parents enjoyed. I introduced my son to the Lord of the Rings by reading them to him when he was around ten.

Haha great! 

I don't understand why a lot of kids my age do that, it just blows my mind. To be quite frank it seems ridiculous to me. Thats how my dad introduced the Hobbit to me. We were on a road trip and he gave me his old copy. I'm pretty sure I was ten as well. I never got ahold of the Lord of the Rings series, though I do plan on borrowing it from my aunt soon :)

Welcome to Dragonmount !

I like your avvie :D

Does it hint that you like photography?

Thank you!

Haha yes, it does! I love photography, though I'm not that good at it. I haven't been able to purchase a camera, so currently I'm just using my phone, but nonetheless its fun!

Welcome! Hopefully Ill have a kid on the way in a year or two, and I hope Im lucky enough to have one thats open to reading my favorite books. I already have thought out lists of what books I can read to them at what age to make sure theyre exposed to the good stuff before they get their first iphone 25 or whatever.

But enough about me. Im interested to hear your favorite character as well. Hopefully it's Bela just like everyone else. 

Haha. My dad actually gave me a list and told me the following books were some of his favorites as a kid, I've just been working through them. On the topic of your future children, congratulations in advance :)

Bela has to be my favorite of course, she is such an inspiration.

All jokes aside, as I said earlier, probably Lan and Perrin are my favorites so far. Lan is just a cool character, I don't honestly have a legitimate reason to like him. Perrin, is because he's a wolf brother. Thats just super cool to me, I've always been fascinated with wolves.

Welcome, Nebulae!

We are very happy to have you. What is your favorite thing you've read about the books so far?

Thank you! I'm excited to be here :) This isn't so much about the books as it is the writing, but Jordan just has an amazing talent of world building. WoT is such a beautifully fleshed out series, and he writes with so much detail! Just the sheer amount of lore and background. Its enough to where it gives the books background, but not too much to where readers are confused about it. That may have been worded oddly, sorry.

• RP - LEGACY

Welcome to DM. I joined about a month ago, and am so glad that I did. There are wonderful people here.

As to an Age limit, I'm not sure. I know there's reference to keeping things on the board PG-13.

I am also a fan of Lan. Hee strong in various ways, is quiet, so when he speaks its worth listening to.

Be sure to look around. There is a lot going on in different groups.

And feel free to ask questions. Someone will have answers.

There is no age limit that I know? This is a pg-13 site.  

How young are you?

13, thats why I was a tad bit hesitant to ask, but great! Thank you~

Welcome to DM. I joined about a month ago, and am so glad that I did. There are wonderful people here.

As to an Age limit, I'm not sure. I know there's reference to keeping things on the board PG-13.

I am also a fan of Lan. Hee strong in various ways, is quiet, so when he speaks its worth listening to.

Be sure to look around. There is a lot going on in different groups.

And feel free to ask questions. Someone will have answers.

Thanks! I'm already glad to have joined, the community is really welcoming! Those were my basic thoughts on Lan, glad someone else agrees!

aw, you're an ickle one. I was 15 when I first joined and I turned out.... okay-ish.

You sound mature for your age!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that :) Nyn is getting to my favorites, she's a fascinating character!

My favorites are Siuan, Moiraine, Myrelle, and Gareth.

I don't have too many opinions on those yet, I'm assuming they have more of a role in later books! (Excluding Moiraine, I like her but she isn't exactly one of my favorites yet!)

aw, you're an ickle one. I was 15 when I first joined and I turned out.... okay-ish.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that :) Nyn is getting to my favorites, she's a fascinating character!

I don't have too many opinions on those yet, I'm assuming they have more of a role in later books! (Excluding Moiraine, I like her but she isn't exactly one of my favorites yet!)

It's interesting how other people can view things. I had one member tell me how much she disliked Moiraine and although I can't remember the reasons now, they were good ones, but she remains one of my favorites.

Perrin is one of my favorite characters too. If you like him now, just wait till you read the next two books, particularly number 4.

LAN is great as well, and I also love Rand and avihenda, who youbhave yet to meet. Hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you! I'm very excited to get my hands on the next few books, I have yet to return home, and I only brought 1 and 2 on my trip~ Rand probably isn't a favorite, but I do like him.

It's interesting how other people can view things. I had one member tell me how much she disliked Moiraine and although I can't remember the reasons now, they were good ones, but she remains one of my favorites.

It is interesting, isn't it! She has always seemed a bit suspicious to me, but I do think she's growing on me. 

Welcome to DM!

Thank you! :)

Great title for your introductory post, great writing for a thirteen-year-old, and great nickname in Niblet. :laugh:

The Great Hunt was what hooked me on the series. The last 100 or so pages were just epic, and when the Shienarans knelt to him at the end, and he stopped insisting that he was just a farmer who would like to go home now and instead, began embracing his identity, his destiny, his doom...well, I just had to see how it would unfold and end. :smile:

Egwene is my favorite, and Nynaeve did NOT turn out alright, or else she would like Egwene, too. :dry::tongue:

Welcome to Dragonmount!