DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
mountainsofmist

Mountains of Mist.. a Wheel of Time Blog - Just launched.

You misspelled "Alviarin" on your "About Me" page. 

I like the way you include passages that are important to you in regards to Nynaeve. Those were some great moments in her story arc, and it helps the reader to remember some of the reasons that she is a great part of the story. I hope that's a tradition that continues with each character you list. This looks like it will be a fun blog!

I'm looking forward to it. I actually browsed it again the other day and read your post about Ajahs and how the series has inspired you to act more compassionately in your real life. That's pretty cool! It made me think of the Gray Ajah here in the social community. They were very charity-oriented when I joined the site, doing lots of volunteer work in their local communities and stuff. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• I agree. WoT needs to be set apart from GoT so people don't think it's playing to GoT popularity.
    • This is how I always imagined them handling the use of the OP. And with CGI, I think it can be done well. I've always envisioned it like ribbons of light, a different color for each part of the OP, being actually woven in different patterns for different weaves.   Yes, learning the truth caused many of the Aiel to go crazy, like Sevanna's first lover, and many others to totally abandon the Aiel way of life (forget what they call it). And I think they need to show the Emonds Fielders' each having a couple stops along their way to Baerlon and Tar Valon, to give us a good sense of how long of a journey it is.     Well, if they're gonna have "pillow friends out the wazoo", they'll have nudity. It's unfortunate that they will have to pander to the PC crowd and it really is a sad commentary on modern society that we can't enjoy a tv show/movie without nudity. But I think they need to choose the scenes carefully. Like it's one thing to see Aviendha running off nude to Rhuidean, but not dignified Moiraine. Just showing her bare shoulders will be enough to know that she too, has to go nude. I will be very upset if they mix in real world cursing with WoT style cursing. It is a big part of RJ's world building and helps to set it apart as alternative world. (I believe "bloody" is actually a curse word in the UK.)     Not saying I agree with polygamy, but if you can have homosexuality, why not polygamy? Besides the fact that it is totally accepted in Aiel culture. But I think they can do as independent trysts, with Min being the one he finally stays with. I don't think they should cut any of the 3 relationships because they are important in the development of the characters, and where Elayne is concerned, Rand's feelings for her impact his decision in dealing with Rahvin because he knows if he allows his feelings for her to become public, she will become a target. (Personally, I would really like to keep Elayne's pregnancy because there was a lot about it I found amusing.) I would really miss the scene when they all bond Rand and become fully aware of his love for them. I thought it was a beautiful scene, but I know we can't have it all.   The use of the Bowl of Winds is what finally checked the Dark One's control of the weather. It was a major victory for the Aes Sedai and Wind Finders, so I think it needs to stay in. Shadar Logoth and it's consequences (Mat accepting the dagger) is already pretty important, I think. Fain will probably be important for the first season or so, but then I say kill him off.   I hope they don't sacrifice the development of the main characters for the sake of time or big action/battle scenes. The growth of our main characters and their friendship bonds are one of the things that sets WoT apart from most other fantasy books I've read. It's actually what I love so much about Harry Potter and why I can watch those movies over and over and have read the books twice. I just fell in love the with the characters and their devotion to each other.  
    • Oh I didn't know those weren't all the titles
    • now remember author's name; P L Travers, pseudonym of Helen Golf.     as far as I recall, Compulsion was never done through any indirect means anytime in this series.   my impression of Mary Poppins was that she tried to make the children ethical; not necessarily try to control them.