DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BT Bonded Mafia [Game thread]

BFG

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entire game had 66 posts, you got lynched after 5 posts on D1 and flipped doctor, game ended immediately because that was sufficient for wolves to obtain parity.

Yeah, I had forgotten all about it, but once we started playing, it rang a bell, and I thought I might have played  long ago, died immediately, and decided the game was crap, but I had fun this time even though I still died on D1.

Thanks! I bet that happens almost every game. It almost has to. 

It depends very much on the player. Some people are known for doing it, some actually don't.

Just like, in this game, Shad and Nego were defending one another. Meanwhile, if I'm scum, I try to read the thread without keeping anyone's alignment in mind, and base my reads on that. If a teammate is on top, I go for him/her, but if he isn't, I won't. The exception is this game, where I was not scared of using QT information to make up my read, because everyone knew about the lover pairs.

By "on top" and "Go for him/her," you mean your partner has become lead wagon and you pile on with the others and lynch them since they're going to die anyway, and fetching the rope for them looks villagery?

I mean that I just read the thread and think "who looks scummiest to me?" and if that happens to be a mafia teammate, I go for him/her. I won't go out of my way to save my teammates, but I also won't go after them specifically, like some people may sometimes do to look better.

Entire game had 66 posts, you got lynched after 5 posts on D1 and flipped doctor, game ended immediately because that was sufficient for wolves to obtain parity.

That sounds like an extremely bad setup... Like, how can someone even think of a game where one mislynch means it's over LOL.

Thanks! I bet that happens almost every game. It almost has to.

It depends very much on the player. Some people are known for doing it, some actually don't.

Just like, in this game, Shad and Nego were defending one another. Meanwhile, if I'm scum, I try to read the thread without keeping anyone's alignment in mind, and base my reads on that. If a teammate is on top, I go for him/her, but if he isn't, I won't. The exception is this game, where I was not scared of using QT information to make up my read, because everyone knew about the lover pairs.

By "on top" and "Go for him/her," you mean your partner has become lead wagon and you pile on with the others and lynch them since they're going to die anyway, and fetching the rope for them looks villagery?

I mean that I just read the thread and think "who looks scummiest to me?" and if that happens to be a mafia teammate, I go for him/her. I won't go out of my way to save my teammates, but I also won't go after them specifically, like some people may sometimes do to look better.

That sounds like an extremely bad setup... Like, how can someone even think of a game where one mislynch means it's over LOL.

Gotcha. That seems like a smart way to play.