DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BT Bonded Mafia [Game thread]

BFG

Okay, notes from re-read:

LedZepMan - Had an alright start but have to say him taking my early Ben comment seriously does not bode well. Posts from yesterday were good though.

Niniel - I like Niniel's posting from today. Shows that she's thinking. Early game wasn't hot but today's been good.

Gentled Ben - Seems relaxed in his first game which makes me think he's a villager for now.

Leelou - Helped Ben on mechanics but that's always an easy way for the wolves to look like they are contributing. I like her questioning on Niniel about her Ben vote.

Leyrann - Odd reaction test (Leelou vote) that lasted for 30 minutes and had no results. Odd progression when explaining it. He said his lover told him he would get nothing out of the reaction test which seems iffy.

Nynaeve - Focused too much on the joke. Did question Ben and Led though.

Shad - Came to the thread late so can't say much about him yet apart from that his first posts are alright for someone coming late to the party. I know he's a good player though when he's town so I'm not voting him today.

See what I write about Leyrann above, especially the bolded part. It makes me think his lover is potentially mafia with Leelou, who Leyrann tried to test.

I've been operating on the thought that Leyrann acted alone but just noticed he said his lover gave him advice, so I'm retracting my vote.

[/unvote]

Instead I'll vote Leelou because of mechanics talk and the potentiality of her being a wolf with Leyrann's lover.

[v]Leelou[/v]

Just noticed that, in this post, Nego links my lover (back then not yet known) and Leelou together as mafia (and on a faulty reason, that is; I never said my lover told me anything about the reaction test, which also didn't happen). My suspicion is that these are the two v/v teams. Will refer to this in my soon-to-come reads list, but figured it was worth pointing out seperately.

Umm... Yes you did:

Yes.

Did you meet your goal before unvoting?

Yes.

What was this goal?

I saw a possible, although very small chance, to get a lot of information from it.

I did not.

If you gained no information why did you say you met your goal before unvoting earlier?

And why didn't you wait for the person you voted for to react?

:|

I got all information I wanted.

"trashcan guy" is normally called Oscar, by the way.

What was this info then?

The answer: I didn't get anything out of it in terms of either information or reads and knew I would not, so I unvoted.

I...

ok. I don't know what to say.

If the phase ended in an hour, who would you vote for and why?

Well, I guess I did not get the information I wanted. I got the information to know I would not get any more. If you really need to know, from my lover.

As for who I'd vote for, maybe Oscar, though with eight pages it's hard to say anything. I do dislike inactives though. I probably wouldn't go for Nyn, and there's a lot of people here that I don't know well and are therefore hard to call. I think I'd also not go for Led.

Oscar, what are your thoughts so far?

Why Oscar?

Because he hasn't yet posted.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

The information I got from my lover was the lack of a reaction.

But even disregarding the semantics, is that seriously your whole reason for voting me? Because even in a 24-page game, that's not even trying. I could pick anyone in this game - even Nynaeve, who I got as locktown - and make a better case.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be gone until tonight so I will post then. Just some questions:

Ley - how sure are you that Nyn is town?

Nyn - tell me why Ley is mafia. Is it because of something special? Do you see a connection between him and Shad? 

LedZepMan - Had an alright start but have to say him taking my early Ben comment seriously does not bode well. Posts from yesterday were good though.

Niniel - I like Niniel's posting from today. Shows that she's thinking. Early game wasn't hot but today's been good.

Gentled Ben - Seems relaxed in his first game which makes me think he's a villager for now.

Leelou - Helped Ben on mechanics but that's always an easy way for the wolves to look like they are contributing. I like her questioning on Niniel about her Ben vote.

Leyrann - Odd reaction test (Leelou vote) that lasted for 30 minutes and had no results. Odd progression when explaining it. He said his lover told him he would get nothing out of the reaction test which seems iffy.

Shad - Came to the thread late so can't say much about him yet apart from that his first posts are alright for someone coming late to the party. I know he's a good player though when he's town so I'm not voting him today.

See what I write about Leyrann above, especially the bolded part. It makes me think his lover is potentially mafia with Leelou, who Leyrann tried to test.

I've been operating on the thought that Leyrann acted alone but just noticed he said his lover gave him advice, so I'm retracting my vote.

[/unvote]

Instead I'll vote Leelou because of mechanics talk and the potentiality of her being a wolf with Leyrann's lover.

[v]Leelou[/v]

Just noticed that, in this post, Nego links my lover (back then not yet known) and Leelou together as mafia (and on a faulty reason, that is; I never said my lover told me anything about the reaction test, which also didn't happen). My suspicion is that these are the two v/v teams. Will refer to this in my soon-to-come reads list, but figured it was worth pointing out seperately.

Umm... Yes you did:

Yes.

Yes.

What was this goal?

I saw a possible, although very small chance, to get a lot of information from it.

I did not.

If you gained no information why did you say you met your goal before unvoting earlier?

What was this info then?

The answer: I didn't get anything out of it in terms of either information or reads and knew I would not, so I unvoted.

I...

Well, I guess I did not get the information I wanted. I got the information to know I would not get any more. If you really need to know, from my lover.

As for who I'd vote for, maybe Oscar, though with eight pages it's hard to say anything. I do dislike inactives though. I probably wouldn't go for Nyn, and there's a lot of people here that I don't know well and are therefore hard to call. I think I'd also not go for Led.

Why Oscar?

[v]Leyrann[/v]

But even disregarding the semantics, is that seriously your whole reason for voting me? Because even in a 24-page game, that's not even trying. I could pick anyone in this game - even Nynaeve, who I got as locktown - and make a better case.

It's not.

But it's also showing how blatantly you are misconstruing my posts and lying about things I have said, trying to paint me look like the bad guy. You've even ignored posts you made and acted as if I was not doing things that I have done. Like when you said I hadn't even mentioned Shad which was simply not true.

The thing is I know I'm not mafia. I'm positive Niniel is not mafia either. Nyn voting for Ley makes it apparent she is not mafia either.

Thus the only possibility is that Ley is the last mafia and that's something that's clear to me due to the posts they have made as well, and the way he's trying to make me look bad.

I'll go through some more posts in a moment.

[/unvote]

[v]Leelou[/v]

Umm... Yes you did:

Yes.

Yes.

What was this goal?

I did not.

What was this info then?

I...

Why Oscar?

[v]Leyrann[/v]

It's not.

But it's also showing how blatantly you are misconstruing my posts and lying about things I have said, trying to paint me look like the bad guy. You've even ignored posts you made and acted as if I was not doing things that I have done. Like when you said I hadn't even mentioned Shad which was simply not true.

If it's not, why aren't you bringing more?

I'm not lying about things you have said, otherwise, show me. Misunderstanding, could be, but I'm not gonna lie, wheter I'm town or mafia. Lying never works.

Anyways, gimme a moment to write a case on you.

I will be gone until tonight so I will post then. Just some questions:

Ley - how sure are you that Nyn is town?

Nyn - tell me why Ley is mafia. Is it because of something special? Do you see a connection between him and Shad? 

I'd give it 99%. About 80% comes from her actions, of the remaining 20 percent 19% is taken off because I'm >95% sure Nego is the last mafia.

From D2:

Nego: Flat-out refuses to vote Shad "because he subbed in and might be of use" even though by now he has been here half of the game and has one of the highest post counts. I also feel like he has, mostly day 1, been focusing too much on Nynaeve and, by extension, dismissing my reasons for considering Nyn town with some pure non-arguments. I also dislike (as I already mentioned before) how she links me and Leelou together, basically saying we are both mafia, based on a faulty reason. Additionally, I dislike how he attempts to discredit me by asking Nyn wheter or not she told me to unvote Leelou, saying that I claimed so, while I never claimed so, and in fact outright said that Nyn's lack of reaction to the vote was what made me decide to unvote.

1) I only refused to vote Shad on D1. I had him as mafia on D2 and posted so before Ley even made this post. I also had already explained why I didn't want Shad lynched D1 (because I have formed a town core with him earlier and thus know what he is capable of as a villager). Yet Ley acts as if none of these things exist.

2) It's true that I focused on Nynaeve but that's only because I felt frustrated about how she reacted to my joke and even voted me because of said joke. Should I just have left it all be? Nyn is my friend and if there's a problem I obviously want to try to sort it out. Also, I never said that incident was wolfy on Nyn's part. I even stated in this thread that it was not wolfy. Yet Ley acts here as if I had had Nyn as a wolf because of it, which is simply not true.

3) The reason - as I stated back on D1 - for linking Ley and Leelou together was all I got. Not much had been talked about in the thread and people like Led, and Ben hadn't said or done anything that was making me think they were wolves. Nini I believed to be a villager while Shad I didn't want to lynch because I knew he'd be valuable if he was a villager. I knew I wasn't going to be much online before the deadline, so I run with what I had noticed and thought was right.

4) I wasn't trying to discredit Ley but to get into the bottom of it. Ley had claimed to have received info that the reaction vote was not going to work from his lover. I remember Nyn wondering why Ley had not kept the vote down for longer. Hence why I wanted to clear it up. And considering the fact that I already caught Ley in a lie about this I was 100% right to question it.

Also of note: Nini pointed out that Shad and Nego's votes are what put Leelou's train in the lead over Nini's train. I am leaning towards Shad/Nego scum team, will explain.

I didn't bother to look this up before but my vote tied the trains.  The fact that Nego hopped on afterwards isn't really relevant to me.

Except if you're a team. Then it becomes super relevant to you.

Here Ley is working on the assumption that wolves would risk everything by both voting for the same target right after each other.

The interactions between Ley and Shad read to me as Shad trying to discredit Ley enough to distance them from each other. Not just the posts quoted above but the exchange as a whole.

But, you know, if you're so town, and Led is as well, make a case. And make it strong. Why is Nego scum, and which of me and Nyn would be scum?

Here Ley is trying to drive his agenda of me being scum forward. Notice how he completely ignores Niniel, most likely because the "Nego is a wolf" argument is easier to sell than the "Nini is a wolf" argument. Yet he poses the question of which of him and Nyn is a wolf to make it less obvious that he's one himself.

I would very very strongly recommend that one of Nini or Nyn unvote me NOW because Nego is going to hammer me and we're going to lose as soon as he comes online.

What, so that you and Nego can then put down two very fast votes on me or Nyn if anyone else votes one of us so that that train overtakes you right before deadline?

Ley - just to clear this up. You voted Leelou to see what Nyn would say. She posted in the qt but never mentioned your vote. She didn´t react to it and that is why you unvoted. Right? 

Correct.

I'm just gonna repeat it here, if Nyn is indeed scum, then very well played, win deserved.

And I got ninja'd and forgot I couldn't make them appear if I didn't do so immediately, so I may not have replied to the most recent posts yet.

This one once again does not align with the following line Ley said about the test earlier:

With the "if Nyn is indeed scum, then very well played, win deserved" he's trying to make it look like he doesn't fully trust Nyn to make it look like he doesn't have the information about Nyn's alignment only wolves would have. In a regular game that line would be soft-shading, setting up a potential narrative in case the opportunity to lynch Nyn arises at some point. Obviously that's not the case here since it's a lover game and the two of them are lovers together.

I would very very strongly recommend that one of Nini or Nyn unvote me NOW because Nego is going to hammer me and we're going to lose as soon as he comes online.

What, so that you and Nego can then put down two very fast votes on me or Nyn if anyone else votes one of us so that that train overtakes you right before deadline?

There is no way this is an honest thought in the context of the current thread state.

Well, it makes about as much sense. I came to the conclusion that me and Nyn are v/v, Nini came to that same conclusion, LZM I'm not sure, but he is convinced he's in v/w himself, and after you're dead it doesn't matter to him which one is v/v, Nyn is not sure wheter she's in v/v or v/w but considers you to be w for sure, and for Nego I'm not sure, he's probably still defending you. Either way, that points at literally everyone (except maybe Nego) preferring to see you dead first.

"and for Nego I'm not sure, he's probably still defending you"

LMAO

If Ley was a villager here he would have read my posts or double checked them and noticed that I had already stated that my wolves are Shad/Ley. Like seriously. How was I defending Shad if I had him as a wolf? And how didn't he know it if he was a villager? If you are a villager and you suspect someone as much as he suspected me and Shad, I'd assume you actually read the posts of those you accuse - which is also what he claimed to be doing earlier in the phase. This is so far away from something a villager would do.

You're convinced that Nyn is a villager because she was willing to follow up her suss on you with a brief vote?  What was scum!her supposed to do when you challenged her with your self-vote, go "nah you got me, gg?"

LZM being convinced that I'm a wolf is news to me. He literally said he's voting our pairing for yucks. Whether that's the truth or he's trying to get reactions out of people it's a massive stretch to apply conviction to his vote.

Well maybe he isn't and he's doing random stuff, though I doubt it. I don't know. I have faith in where my vote is now.

Another good example of how thorough Leyrann is with reading the thread.

[/unvote]

[v]Leelou[/v]

Umm... Yes you did:

Yes.

Yes.

What was this goal?

I did not.

What was this info then?

I...

Why Oscar?

[v]Leyrann[/v]

It's not.

If it's not, why aren't you bringing more?

I'm not lying about things you have said, otherwise, show me. Misunderstanding, could be, but I'm not gonna lie, wheter I'm town or mafia. Lying never works.

Anyways, gimme a moment to write a case on you.

Already did. I even said in this thread I was going to go through some more posts in a moment. Shows you don't really read my posts.

You have lied and I have argued about them as well. See posts above.

Also somehow you are now trying to make people think that you "misunderstood" my post where I called the wolves Shad/Ley that I was "defending Shad" and hadn't talked about him at all.

LOL

Votecount

Nego (1): Leyrann

Leyrann (2): Nego,

Nyn

not voting (1): Niniel

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch

pin_1500744600.png

Please note that the deadline may be pushed back a few hours as I'm out on Saturday

So, on Nego.

First of all, he keeps pressuring me on my early vote and unvote on Leelou. As I have explained more than once, this vote was because I thought there was a small chance that Nyn and Leelou were mafia together and messed up, thinking they were a lover pair (after all, it wouldn't be the first time people 'joke' about something like that and then it ends up being true). As I wanted to hide my lover at that point, I talked myself into a corner not wanting to give away information. Because of the wording I used in my attempts to accomplish that, I can look contradictionary if you forget that "no information" is information as well. I do want to remind everyone, however, that if I were mafia, there would not even have been a reason to do this early vote + unvote, because I would have known for certain I would not get anything out of it, and it is not exactly the kind of play you think of as mafia (is it?). With all the pressure Nego is putting on me regarding this, he is basically calling me mafia because of how I handled the aftermath of an action that would make no sense for mafia to make, and while he was right on me hiding information, that was, as is obvious now, lover information. Therefore, he's basically hunting me for a bunch of fake reasons. (guess this is also my defense, as well as a case on Nego)

Now, to move on to the second point. Late on day one, he makes several posts shortly after one another that have no other purpose than discredit Nynaeve, who has been participating in the game at all points. As side effect, he also discredits my reasoning for calling Nynaeve town.

Next, he votes Leelou, who he has not had any interaction with up until that point, except for one post that was actually about the panty jokes/not-jokes. Remember that this is the vote that put Leelou in the lead over Niniel (Nego's lover), together with Shad's vote a little earlier. Also note that both these votes happened within 30 minutes of the deadline. On top of that, his reasoning (still better than Shad's reasoning though) consists of "helping out the new player which is an easy way for wolves to look town". This looks very much like a coordinated action just before the deadline to keep one of the mafia members (Nego) alive by averting the lynch on his lover.

Above link to the vote on Leelou is also the first of several posts where he is unwilling to vote Shad because he just subbed in (this happened at page 9, two-thirds of the way until Nego's reads list). Mentions it again the very next post. At page 17, where Shad had been there for almost half of the game and the majority of the game post-joke phase, he still refuses to vote him because he subbed in and "because we had a good town game recently" (paraphrased). Keeps delaying. I believe I mentioned it already, but it very much reminds me of how I remained unwilling to vote Dice in the Mini Mafia game we had at the BT a few months ago. Also note the "I don't attack subs if I know they can be important for Town" (not paraphrased, but quoted). Subs can be mafia just as well as town.

And then, after Shad is dead, he comes with "I was going to vote him", whereas before, even after calling him scum, it was all about the Ley/Nyn pair that should be lynched.

That's about it, I got ninja'd about ten times while writing this post so I'm going to catch up with that afterwards. I just want to ask Nyn and Nini, I know you are both still annoyed at my win in the Mini Mafia game, but please don't let unfounded distrust lose us this game. If you truly want to feel bad about a game, that's the way to go.

From D2:

Nego: Flat-out refuses to vote Shad "because he subbed in and might be of use" even though by now he has been here half of the game and has one of the highest post counts. I also feel like he has, mostly day 1, been focusing too much on Nynaeve and, by extension, dismissing my reasons for considering Nyn town with some pure non-arguments. I also dislike (as I already mentioned before) how she links me and Leelou together, basically saying we are both mafia, based on a faulty reason. Additionally, I dislike how he attempts to discredit me by asking Nyn wheter or not she told me to unvote Leelou, saying that I claimed so, while I never claimed so, and in fact outright said that Nyn's lack of reaction to the vote was what made me decide to unvote.

1) I only refused to vote Shad on D1. I had him as mafia on D2 and posted so before Ley even made this post. I also had already explained why I didn't want Shad lynched D1 (because I have formed a town core with him earlier and thus know what he is capable of as a villager). Yet Ley acts as if none of these things exist.

2) It's true that I focused on Nynaeve but that's only because I felt frustrated about how she reacted to my joke and even voted me because of said joke. Should I just have left it all be? Nyn is my friend and if there's a problem I obviously want to try to sort it out. Also, I never said that incident was wolfy on Nyn's part. I even stated in this thread that it was not wolfy. Yet Ley acts here as if I had had Nyn as a wolf because of it, which is simply not true.

3) The reason - as I stated back on D1 - for linking Ley and Leelou together was all I got. Not much had been talked about in the thread and people like Led, and Ben hadn't said or done anything that was making me think they were wolves. Nini I believed to be a villager while Shad I didn't want to lynch because I knew he'd be valuable if he was a villager. I knew I wasn't going to be much online before the deadline, so I run with what I had noticed and thought was right.

4) I wasn't trying to discredit Ley but to get into the bottom of it. Ley had claimed to have received info that the reaction vote was not going to work from his lover. I remember Nyn wondering why Ley had not kept the vote down for longer. Hence why I wanted to clear it up. And considering the fact that I already caught Ley in a lie about this I was 100% right to question it.

Already got into 1, 2 and 3 in my case, but as for 4: It was not a reaction vote. At least, not in the way you're painting it. I wanted to know more about the possiblity of Leelou + Nynaeve. Therefore, by not getting anything from Nynaeve I knew it wasn't going to work.

Also of note: Nini pointed out that Shad and Nego's votes are what put Leelou's train in the lead over Nini's train. I am leaning towards Shad/Nego scum team, will explain.

I didn't bother to look this up before but my vote tied the trains.  The fact that Nego hopped on afterwards isn't really relevant to me.

Except if you're a team. Then it becomes super relevant to you.

Here Ley is working on the assumption that wolves would risk everything by both voting for the same target right after each other.

The interactions between Ley and Shad read to me as Shad trying to discredit Ley enough to distance them from each other. Not just the posts quoted above but the exchange as a whole.

But, you know, if you're so town, and Led is as well, make a case. And make it strong. Why is Nego scum, and which of me and Nyn would be scum?

Here Ley is trying to drive his agenda of me being scum forward. Notice how he completely ignores Niniel, most likely because the "Nego is a wolf" argument is easier to sell than the "Nini is a wolf" argument. Yet he poses the question of which of him and Nyn is a wolf to make it less obvious that he's one himself.

Shad called you mafia. This is just a fake argument. In fact, I made the mistake here to think he still hadn't made a choice between me or Nyn being the other scum; he in fact named a team of me and you.