DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BT Bonded Mafia [Game thread]

BFG

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never voted Nego. Nini was talking about my vote on her (Nini).

You voted the lover pair. That's my entire point. If w/w looking for D1 bus credit, going after the lover is the smart way to do it in this set-up, because it projects a sort of anti-TMI.

You voted the lover pair. That's my entire point. If w/w looking for D1 bus credit, going after the lover is the smart way to do it in this set-up, because it projects a sort of anti-TMI.

Well, in that case my reply here validates that this was not the case, does it not?

Okay. That is my case on why Shad and Nego are mafia. Now I have noticed this because it has to do with my spot so now I will go and look for other possible connections.

Just because Shad has defended me does not make me mafia if he is one. I doubt wolves would be that obvious to their buddies - and seeing my role card I know it to be the case.

How confident are you that Niniel is town? I mean, I'm pretty sure of it and it tickles me to see people follow my lead on individuals I read well, but that rarely actually happens.  You're just rolling with this statement on the assumption that it's true, but I didn't defend you.  I said it was weird that your joke was taken seriously.  That's not a statement about your alignment.  I'm not concerned with Niniel taking it that way because my read on her has nothing to do with the specific substance of her case, but I'm not sure why you're readily accepting it.  The only players I directly defended were Niniel and Gentle Ben at the time.

I did drop a positive line on you, Zep, and Nyn in the end, before I voted, but that wasn't even brought up.

Alright, mah reads:

Nynaeve: I'm about as sure as I can be that she's town, as she was immediately ready to switch from Shad to me, while she was the first to go after Shad. At Lylo I would expect her, if she were scum, to go for the v/v team, and not immediately swap to getting herself killed as soon as her partner asked it. If she is mafia and switched to me because of this train of thought, then well played, we are now even.

Shad: My strongest scum read. Despite putting out a lot of posts, does not seem to do any actual scumhunting, just a lot of talking back and forth without taking too much of a stance. Actually the only one from who I cannot remember scum reads a few minutes after finishing the reread. Also want to remind you that he instantly got a town read on Nini, despite, as I mentioned a while earlier, Nini barely having contributed at that point.

LZM: Didn't really stand out to me one way or the other. Town by virtue of his partner being scum.

Niniel: Had a bad day one, but has been playing well since. In the first post I quoted on reread she said something to Nyn that stuck me as kinda weird, but if they are the two scum, well, then we're done for anyways. Has been doing good work day 2, and has made a very sensible case on Shad/Nego as scum team.

Nego: Flat-out refuses to vote Shad "because he subbed in and might be of use" even though by now he has been here half of the game and has one of the highest post counts. I also feel like he has, mostly day 1, been focusing too much on Nynaeve and, by extension, dismissing my reasons for considering Nyn town with some pure non-arguments. I also dislike (as I already mentioned before) how she links me and Leelou together, basically saying we are both mafia, based on a faulty reason. Additionally, I dislike how he attempts to discredit me by asking Nyn wheter or not she told me to unvote Leelou, saying that I claimed so, while I never claimed so, and in fact outright said that Nyn's lack of reaction to the vote was what made me decide to unvote.

Nego and Shad both look bad to me, while Nini and Nyn look good and LZM doesn't jump out to me, which makes me quite confident we're looking at Shad/Nego. And again, Shad and Nego are who pushed the train in favour of a Leelou lynch instead of a Nini (and Nego) lynch.

[v]Shad[/v]

Well, in that case my reply here validates that this was not the case, does it not?

I mean you're either scum sticking to your initial narrative or town being honest.  I don't think continuity on the topic is really alignment indicative.

Shad: My strongest scum read. Despite putting out a lot of posts, does not seem to do any actual scumhunting, just a lot of talking back and forth without taking too much of a stance. Actually the only one from who I cannot remember scum reads a few minutes after finishing the reread. Also want to remind you that he instantly got a town read on Nini, despite, as I mentioned a while earlier, Nini barely having contributed at that point.

Anyone with a lot of experience playing with me who does not confirm that this is not remotely alignment indicative is as good as an outed wolf.

And that should matter for your read.  If you know it's something I'll do as town ~always you should not be basing a vote on it.

As for not scum hunting, thanks but I joined this game basically at D1 deadline and caught up as best I could while dealing with being pretty sick.  I'm feeling better now and continuing to dig at the slots that have to be scum from my POV so sorry not sorry.

I don't have a lot of experience playing with you (what, one game? Maybe two?), so I'm just going with what I feel like is best. It does not matter a whole lot to me, as I got Nyn as my most certain town read, which means it doesn't really matter who dies because the scum are in you/Led and Nego/Nini.

Nego's gone quiet and it's probably because he's content with where this phase is headed.

I went quiet because I went to see the new Spider-man movie last night and got home late enough for me to get swamped with mod duties before heading to bed.

It's a good movie btw. I like it. Just longer than I thought.

Ok but what is your opinion on my alignment?

Also of note: Nini pointed out that Shad and Nego's votes are what put Leelou's train in the lead over Nini's train. I am leaning towards Shad/Nego scum team, will explain.

I didn't bother to look this up before but my vote tied the trains.  The fact that Nego hopped on afterwards isn't really relevant to me.

Nynaeve: I'm about as sure as I can be that she's town, as she was immediately ready to switch from Shad to me, while she was the first to go after Shad. At Lylo I would expect her, if she were scum, to go for the v/v team, and not immediately swap to getting herself killed as soon as her partner asked it. If she is mafia and switched to me because of this train of thought, then well played, we are now even.

And this is really a pretty weak reason to trust someone.  If she's scum she has no fear of the wolves sweeping down to hammer and it's just a matter of going through the motions of briefly putting her money where her mouth is.  Likewise your self-vote is meaningless in itself because if you're scum you know you're not going to get lynched for it unless three villagers all spontaneously reverse course.  I was far and away the biggest talking point for a lynch at the time.  Swapping some votes around on the periphery isn't going to lead to death especially if one of you is a wolf.

Moreover wolves didn't sweep in to claim victory, which could be a timing thing since you removed yourself from contention after only two hours but more likely suggests that there is a wolf in your pairing.

Votecount

LedZepMan (1): LedZepMan

Nego (1): Shad

Shad (3): Nynaeve, Niniel, Leyrann

not voting (1): Nego

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

tur_1500571800.png

Edited by BFG

Also of note: Nini pointed out that Shad and Nego's votes are what put Leelou's train in the lead over Nini's train. I am leaning towards Shad/Nego scum team, will explain.

I didn't bother to look this up before but my vote tied the trains.  The fact that Nego hopped on afterwards isn't really relevant to me.

Except if you're a team. Then it becomes super relevant to you.

Okay, I iso´d everyone. Great that it´s a short thread. On the other side, it´s not enough to judge someone of.

Nyn, you don´t have to answer my question. You thought Nego acted unusual for him which could indicate mafia. Right? Don´t know about that.

Leelou, why did you question my vote but didn´t comment on Nyn´s post that sort of agreed with me? 

I could vote Leelou right now. Not because I´m sure that she is mafia but because she is unsure to me. 

On reread right now, the bolded stuck out to me.

What did you mean by this, Nini?

I´ll see if I can find the quotes. 

Yeh, sorry for that. GoT and GoT related podcasts/youtubers kind of swollowed me. 

Leelou - you say that my vote on Ben is easy. Well, it was the only thing that stuck out at that time. It´s always hard to read new players because I guess it´s an instict to defend yourself. 

I have a good feeling of LZM so far. I think he is the only one that I´m "sure" about. I like Ley so far (except for his vote on me) but I lost my confidence in reading him a few games ago. Wouldn´t vote him right now.

I definitely don´t get the joke things that led to Nyn´s vote on Nego. Nyn, tell me about it. 

[unvote]

I don´t want to kill LZM and I guess (but could be wrong) that Ben is his lover. 

Don´t know who to vote instead. Leelou voting me early is always troublesome but she hasn´t done or said much to judge so far. 

Just to clarify: I´d like to understand why the joke thing became vote worthy. 

This was the question. I wanted to know what about the joke thing made Nyn think Nego was mafia. I later understood it (or think I did) so I said that she didn´t had to answer. 

I would very very strongly recommend that one of Nini or Nyn unvote me NOW because Nego is going to hammer me and we're going to lose as soon as he comes online.

I won´t unvote. It´s still my oppinion that Nego isn´t mafia with Nyn or Ley. Which means that you or LZM are mafia with Nego or one of Ley and Nyn. 

Ley is making sence to me today. Not sure if it´s just because he agrees with me.