DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tellings of the Wheel: The Chronology of The Wheel of Time

animalia

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the website Tellings of the Wheel: The Chronology of The Wheel of Time . Basically it is a website that puts all the chapters of The Wheel Of Time in Chronological order. Unfortunately, it stopped updating before the series finished. As such it does not factor in Towers Of Midnight, A Memory Of Light, or River Of Souls. I was wondering if we could work on an update for it? I'd say a fan update, but it was a fan project to begin with.

Attached is my largely failed attempt at a timeline for TOM/AMOL using the Steven Cooper timeline as a starting point that I recently posted over on Theoryland as weel.  As you'll see, I noted throughout many of the problems that I ran into in trying to reconcile all the various viewpoints.  Basically it turns into more of a mess the further along it goes and I am certain there are things I missed as well.

TOM AMOL Timeline.pdf

@chaosanth,

1.rand,min,naeff,lerian and heidia did spend a full day at bandar eban,rescuing it

from anarchy and starvation,towers of midnight chapter 25.(found it,june,7.)

2.a month+ street fighting at maradon makes sense.

3.mat enters the tower of ghenjei about late morning and leaves about late afternoon same day.

4.agreed.aviendha's trip to rhuidean should have been about two weeks not two months.

5.july 11.tuon signed the dragon peace,and the dragon peace was a hundred years peace treaty

not a temporary agreement.

6.july 13.after assisting elayne's forces,rand returned to the field of merrilor,not to a place near

shayol ghul.

finally learned the elayne was 5 months  pregnant during the field of merrilor meeting.

by the way,it's arad doman not arad domon.

Edited by jack of shadows

Thats where things for me start to get messed up, that means only 5 months passed from the cleanising to the last battle.  Seems like longer should of passed.  Just Perin rescuing faile seemed like it took 2 years.

@jack of shadows

The Companion doesn't list her death, but the Companion preview on the List of Amyrlins on Tor.com lists her death as Danu, 1000 (presumed).  It also says she was informally raised Amyrlin on Danu 1, 999 (which corresponds to the Steven Cooper timeline, which has always been said to be very close to Jordan's timeline - Maria from Team Jordan kept his timeline for him, so I wonder if the reference to her death as Danu, 1000 is from their internal timeline which just hasn't been published as a part of Jordan's notes).  In any event I liked the synchronicity of the Last Battle/Resealing of the Bore occurring on Danu 1 or 2, Rand's birthdate.  Probably just speculation on my part.

thanks sabio,but chaosanth is right,the wheel of time companion doesn't list

egwene's death,only the wheel of time companion preview,posted sep 9,2015,

the last entry in a long list of amyrlin seat is of course about egwene,according

to this preview egwene formally raised circa saven 22(june 1)1000NE-died 

danu(november)1000NE.

I find it funny they made a preview and didn't put it In the actual companion.  Unless I am totally blind.

I was going to say wait she did all of that in less than six months.  But I understand now.  The BWB shows the split 999, so makes sense it being 1000NE when she was formally raised.  So she didn't march an army to the white tower, become prisoner, unify the tower, and fight in the LB in less that six months.

Edited by Sabio

• 2 years later...

I’m not looking for a pdf of the books.  I have all of those on hardback.  Chaosanth posted a pdf of a timeline for TOM and MOL.  

There is a website online that has a day by day summary of the events of the books synced up to a Jan-Dec calendar.  Using that website, I’ve been rereading the series in real-time.  Today was the last two chapters of TGH.  TDR doesn’t start until March.

The problem is, the website stops at TGS, so I’m looking for a day by day summary for the final two books, which it looks like this post contained, but when you click the link above, it leads to a blank page.  So I was wondering if anyone had a copy of that pdf, or something similar.