DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Dar'Jen Ab Owain to the Black Tower!

Leyrann

Welcome, welcome!

Have a seat, and some of our famous Tainted Brownies and please tell us about yourself.

MN0409H_black-bean-brownies_s4x3.jpg.ren

So, who's your favorite Asha'man? Do you read other fantasy series as well? Where are you from? Also, what do you prefer to be called, considering your nickname is far too long to write out?

Oh, and don't worry about the brownies, we've got a replenishing weave on them to make sure the Shadowies can't steal them all. You'll also get a PM from our Social Group Leader (Panchi) soon that will explain you some stuff about the Black Tower. To be fair I don't remember myself what is in it exactly, but if there's something unclear people are always ready to help. And there's quite a bit of information in threads on boards that will soon be made visible to you.

I am Leyrann, by the way, Faction Leader of the Light, one of the two factions you can join once you've learned your way around.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I just realized you actually have your location in your member information, so my question where you're from is superfluous. Something else then, what music do you like? Always a question I love to ask because I love talking with people about music.

• RP - LEGACY

Greetings to you all. Thank you for the warm welcome.

You are welcome to call me DJ. It is certainly a shortening of my name; and I am sorry that mine is such a long one.

The brownies look delicious. Thank you so much for the sweetness.

I read part of the series back in high school and life happened and I got sidetracked. Well, life happened again, and this time, in trying to seek solace, I picked the series up again, and plan to read from start to finish. I am currently in the third book. I am so happy to be reading it again, and to have found DM. It is such a welcoming place.

I am definitely a fan of fantasy. Raised on Tolkien, who was probably one of the greatest inspirations. Also read Raymond E. Feist. And numerous other fantasy books. Generally the longer, the better. And I write myself. Though, my muse has been sorely lacking for far too long, and I am hoping that by broadening my horizons, a spark will resume. I can certainly hope so.

As to music, I like music from all various sources. I do not currently listen to the radio much as certain songs are having a tendency to make me thing about things I would rather not, and go very emotional, which I do not need more of than I already am, so trying to avoid that. But I do like instrumental. And I especially like music that invokes a sense of movement, battle sequence, moving forward, moving up, if that makes sense. Yesterday, my son and I were hiking in the woods and he was playing music from Halo. Nothing like climbing a hill with music usually associated with a Spartan taking out Covenant. (Big grin.)

Feel free to ask anything else. It is nice to meet new people, because honestly, I don't get out enough. And this site is providing me the opportunity to meet new people and explore new things. (Grabs another brownie.) And enjoy replenishing goodies.

Your name is not too long, my typing and tapping is just not very good and autocorrect hates me :laugh:

How far have you gotten in the books? There may be spoilers here but mostly there's spam. Lots of people haven't finished the books, it doesn't really matter.

Do you have any puppies or kitties?

Um lol I'm lame at asking questions but it's good to meet new people :biggrin:

• RP - LEGACY

I've had my share of issues with auto correct, so I understand. No worries.

Currently I'm in book three. And I am enjoying it. I realize there are likely to be spoilers all around, and that is fine with me. Probably won't understand a lot of it at this point anyway, so I continue to read and enjoy. I am just happy I found DM.

Pets. None currently. The last pets we had were bearded dragons. I hope to get another one someday, but at the moment, pets are not a possibility. I like cats, but alas, my allergies do not. I do like dogs. I've had a dog when I was a little girl, and I've had birds, turtles, and bearded dragons. Beardies were definitely my favorite of the later.

You are not lame about asking questions. Sometimes it can just be hard to think of what to ask when you meet someone new.

General things about me. My favorite colors are purple and green. I am a Supernatural fan. I worked on a Civil War Artillery crew (reenacting). I like action movies, am not a fan of chick flicks. I like to play Halo with my son, and watch him play Skyrim (I have my own character but don't play often) and Fallout. I like to work on genealogy. And reading is an escape for me.

So, that's a little about me. So, besides the series, which is what has brought us all together, what do you guys like.to do when you're not on DM?

I'm mostly busy with university these days, but I typically spend my free time on gaming, writing and stuff on the internet (of which Dragonmount is a large part). And listening music, no matter what I'm doing.

I think you'll find people who share a lot of your intests here. There are quite a few fandoms that overlap for sure. There are more than a few superwholockians about.

I'm not sure anyone else has had bearded dragons but they sound like cool pets. We have two kitties, and they own us very well.

I came to dm probably a year or so before rj died. He had a blog here, which you can still find. There's some great stuff there, and some very sad stuff.

Hmmm anyway I eventually started checking out the social groups, and leyrann convinced me to join the BT, and... well there ya go.

I met my hubby here, Basel Gill, and we were married almost exactly 3 years ago :happy:

My eyes don't want to read much anymore, and my interests are fairly sedentary and domestic and probably boring to most anyone else. But I'm happy just hanging out at home and stuff. And things.

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill

Hi DJ, welcome to the BT :)

DM certainly is a welcoming place and there's all sorts of stuff to do to keep peoples occupied. I like to make games and stuff, so I find DM a good outlet for that. The different social groups are great for all kinds of reasons. The BT is great for just hanging out and chatting. I'm glad you joined :)

Today ... I'm not in the mood for Balefire. It's a good day.

Hi DJ, welcome to the BT :)

DM certainly is a welcoming place and there's all sorts of stuff to do to keep peoples occupied. I like to make games and stuff, so I find DM a good outlet for that. The different social groups are great for all kinds of reasons. The BT is great for just hanging out and chatting. I'm glad you joined :)

Today ... I'm not in the mood for Balefire. It's a good day.

Are you ill?

You look pale. Did you forget your daily dose of balefire?

*scampers in to snag a brownie*

Can't stay long!  Busy day, busy day... much to do!

(don't listen to her, she's nuts)

Hi Dar'Jen!  On a scale of 1 to Q, how insane would you say you are?  

How insane would you like to be?

*throws around macadamia nuts like confetti*

• RP - LEGACY

It has been a long day, but I am happy to be able to stop in and visit with you all. I am eager to get busy with the various activities as well. (Rubs hands together excitedly.)

Well, to answer your questions...

It is encouraging to know that life long friends are possible to be found here. For a long time I was very shy and quiet. Reenacting helped me to crack that shell a little. I made a couple friends that helped me to learn to be myself. Life happened. A lot has happened. This past year has been very challenging. I am trying to make changes in my life to make things better. Thank you for accepting me here.

As to reenacting, I was usually Union, though there was more than one event I attended where the numbers were too lopsided and we would galvanize and go Confederate. I enjoyed working on the artillery. There is definitely something to be said for the loud thunder of the cannon, and the cloud of smoke that would drift over us. And in that moment, with the shouts from the fiend, you could nearly imagine what the war must have been like in that moment. We were lucky in that in the end of the battle, any who had fallen could get up again and go about there lives. It is a very real war to help others experience and hopefully learn from the past.

I like games. Bring them on. Just explain the rules, and what I am to do to try and win, and I'm good to go.

Hello Locke. Nice to meet you. I guess time will tell.

Balefire? There is much there for me to learn I think. Points? Yes, please teach me. I think there is much I need to learn.

My insanity. Now that is possibly a very dangerous question at this particular moment in my life. Let us just say, I do what I can to stay busy so I do not have time to think too much because often what I think about will lead me to tears, and I have cried to much. I have probably shared too much. And if I have, I do apologize. So, yes, I can only imagine my closeness to insanity. There is a Queen song that mentions: I've finally done it, I've gone slightly mad. Alas, that song has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

So, hopefully I haven't frightened you all off now. (Eats a brownie) So glad you have the ability to make there brownies replenish themselves. You've go to teach me to do that.

• RP - LEGACY

They were named Clark and Steve. They are both missed dearly. Some people may not appreciate reptiles, but we learned that these guys had their own personalities. Perhaps someday, once my son and I get our own place again we can get another beardie.

There are different songs I like at different times. I have the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, and used to write to them all the time. My muse has been rather lacking so that has not happened in a long while. I like some metal and rock, though I tend to like older music. Honestly not a fan of much that is current or contemporary.

And I realize again now how I really need to get a new laptop, cause this thing is old, very old, and the buttons work when they want to.

• RP - LEGACY

It is nice to find varied interests, but a great deal of overlap as well.

(Munches a brownie.) These are awesome. They replenish, are incredible, and have no calories.

It's going to be a long day. Very few people are at work today and now I'm waiting for others to get back to me. Ah, the joy of waiting.