DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

FrozenLake

@Algai

(is that how you notify other people?)

Not yet but I plan to once I have the opportunity to acquire the first book.

@Chaelca

Thank you for the welcome  :smile:

Could either one of you tell me what the social groups are about and how they work? I don't really quite understand them

You can notify people with the @, especially if you are answering to more than one person. The other way around is to use the multiquote option that you will see on the bottom - right of each post :)

What are the social groups, that is a tough question lol :tongue:

To make it short, each group wears the name and some of the characteristics of the different factions you will discover in the Wheel of Time Series. We don't really role play in it. We aim to have fun through activities, discussions, challenges, spams, etc. Each group has its own flavour and theme. The Band of the Red Hand is more into travels, booze and food. The Black Tower is more about spams and mafia games, and so on.

In some of the group, you can get some kind of promotions if you participate to the group activities. It is a nice and challenging way to grow in each of the smaller communities.

I'll just add that you can be part of more than one social group. I am in the Band, the White Tower, the Tuathan'an and in the Wolfkin. So if one of these catch your attention, I can help out with them as well !

Edited by Chaelca

Hey, FrozenLake, just FYI. My handle/name here on DM is not Algai. That's my Warder rank. Here you can call me simply JamesBrown, or JB.

Enjoy the first book. I was a bookseller for 20 years, and I'll give you the standard disclaimer that I gave to my customers who were looking for a good fantasy series. The first book, Eye of the World, starts slow. Don't give up until you've read at least 200 pages. I talked to too many people who said they liked fantasy epics but gave up on Eye of the World around chapter three because nothing interesting happened. Just hang in there.

Hey, FrozenLake, just FYI. My handle/name here on DM is not Algai. That's my Warder rank. Here you can call me simply JamesBrown, or JB.

Enjoy the first book. I was a bookseller for 20 years, and I'll give you the standard disclaimer that I gave to my customers who were looking for a good fantasy series. The first book, Eye of the World, starts slow. Don't give up until you've read at least 200 pages. I talked to too many people who said they liked fantasy epics but gave up on Eye of the World around chapter three because nothing interesting happened. Just hang in there.

How true this is. I never read fantasy before and I thought I was gonna die until the third chapter and then I was hooked for life.