DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of thrones - Season 7

Niniel

ACTUAL THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING S7 E1:

Cold opening on... Walder Frey?  Oh that has to be Arya.

is it happening?  IT'S HAPPENING.

Oh. So. Cold.  

"When people ask you what happened her, tell them winter came for House Frey.  The North Remembers."  *mic drop*

Foggy.  Huh.

Oh, I guess that was snow.  And a GEEZ IT'S A GIANT ZOMBIE ARMY.

Wait, literally GIANT.  Oh that CANNOT be good.

Bran!

They made it to the Wall!!!

Yay!  Dolorous Edd!!!!

Bran doing creepy psychic stuff to prove they're who they say they are?  Okayyyyy... that doesn't prove they're Bran Stark and Meera Reed, but whatevs.  The Night King is coming for all of us anyway.

Jon holding court.... we need dragonglass!  And Jon wants every Northern girl as well as boy age 10 and up to fight with weapons. Yeahhhhhhh... Lyanna Mormont!! 

Tormund off to man Eastwatch... 

Yeahhhh Sansa making sense. *thumbs up*  Wellllll, probably not great to disagree with him publicly in front of like everyone.  

OK.  Well.  Jon being inspirational.  I'll allow it.

Littlefinger all smirky.  Grrr.

Oohh snap, Sansa.  Don't go comparing Jon to Joffrey.  THANK YOU.  

"You have to be smarter than Father."  Good point. 

Yeah, you should probably listen to Sansa.  She does know Cersei a lot better than you.

Speaking of the devil...

Oh hai Jaime.  

He's not angry with her.  He just thinks you're bat$#!^ crazy.

"Us" is not a dynasty, Cersei.  

We need allies....  cut to Greyjoy fleet....  Euron.  Speaking of bat$%!^ crazy...

Oh yeah.  Euron came here for a queen... Jaime's not gonna be fond of that proposal.

Jaime giving Cersei the side-eye like "you're not into this tool, are you?"

Oh snap.  Two good hands.  He went there.

So Euron's gonna win Cersei's heart by killing or capturing her enemies.  Sounds reasonable.

Sam doesn't look like he's having all that much fun at the Citadel tbh

TRAINING MONTAGE OF BOREDOM AND EWWWWWW.

Ooooh, what's behind that gate?  I'mma go peek.  Must be special secret books!  That dude's got a key.  I need to get me one of those!

On the bright side, the Archmaester believes I saw the White Walkers... on the down side, he thinks we don't need to worry about them.  >.>

Was that Sam stealing a key? And a book?  Hmmmmmmm???

LOL Tormund giving Brienne that look...  Pod's a lucky guy to get the crap beaten out of him by her.... *snerk*

Littlefinger sidling up to Sansa...  :rolleyes:

"Why aren't you happy?  What do you want that you do not have?"  "At the moment, peace and quiet."  LOLSNAP.

She appears to be not so happy with Lord Baelish just now on a personal level.

Arya riding along.... hey, guy singing!  It's Ed Sheeran singing that song they wrote about Tyrion and Shae!

Lannister soldiers eh?  Offering Arya food and a place to hang out for the night?  This is not going to end well for them... :unsure:

She's heading to King's Landing to kill Cersei?  

These guys are being NICE to her... and she's now SUPER CONFLICTED.  

I don't think there's a legal drinking age in Westeros, dude.  Blackberry wine sounds pretty decent though.

"Why's a nice girl on her own heading to King's Landing?"  "I'm going to kill the queen."  ......  *laughter*  What, they don't believe her?  JOKE'S ON THEM.

Sandor and the Brotherhood, such an odd grouping.  LOL.

LOL Sandor... all he's got left is calling Thoros "baldie"

Oh, this is the farm with that family he and Arya stayed with that he stole from...  aaaaaaand they're dead.  :sad:

"You're not bad"  High praise from Clegane.  lol

This is a very philosophical conversation for Sandor Clegane to be involved in. :mellow:

Sandor gonna look into the flames and become a TRUE BELIEVER WHAT

The army of the dead is headed to Eastwatch by the Sea LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

Awww, Clegane burying the family he stole from... regretsssss....  (Also, GRAVEDIGGER *cough*book4*cough*)

Eloquence is not his strong suit.

Oooh, the High Tower.  Looking sweet.

Sam and Gilly and Little Sam, up late reading stolen books... 

Hey hey, Dragonstone's got a load of dragonglass HEY JON YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GO THERE!

HOLY CRAP IT'S JORAH IN A CELL?  :confused:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, FINALLY.  Dany within sight of Dragonstone.  

DRAGONZZZZZZZZZZZ

There's no place like home!

That's a freaking cool looking cliff wall.

Did Stannis not leave like ANYONE behind to watch over the place when he left Dragonstone?  No servants or anything?  

Daenerys is not impressed with your interior decorator. :nod:

But that's a pretty sweet throne.

Oooh, it's the painted table!  Must be hella dusty.

"Shall we begin?"

BAM.

SO. EXCITE.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great episode. First I thought it was a bit slow but I enjoyed every scene.

Riverlands: What an opening! Loved it. I´m happy that Arya stopped Walder´s little wife from drinking. It means that she hasn´t turned into a no-thinking-killing-robot. I really liked her other scene too. It was so weird to see her in winter clothes and talking to ordinary people. She smiled and laughed. That´s been a while since we saw her laugh. She should go home now, not to Kings Landing.

Northern Riverlands: Really liked the Hound and BWB scenes. I was shocked that the Hound could see into the flames. I doubt it will happen in the books but who knows? Sandor has really changed. 

The Wall: Meera looked tired. lol Seeing the army of the dead made me scream "not Hodor, not Hodor". Luckily, no Hodor. But giants! There were three but maybe there are more to come? 

Winterfell: I didn´t like the talk before the season of Jon and Sansa arguing. But this argument made sense. I hope they cooperate because I think they can learn a lot from each other. I think Jon made the right decision, the northern houses shouldn´t fight each other, but Sansa is right when she said that Ned and Robb did mistakes. I hope (and think) that they will be good for each other. 

I also like that Sansa doesn´t listen to Littlefinger. And Brienne is trying to understand what is going on so that she can protect her. Poor Pod! lol @Tormund. It´s really ironic that the free folk is going to man Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. (Guess they are going to meet the Hound and BWB there.) Lyanna is the best as always. Davos sat at Jon´s table, right? Is he Jon´s Hand of the King? Hope so. 

Kings Landing: Cersei has totally lost it. It was horrible when she said that Tommen had betrayed her. Ugh! Jaime is clearly doubting her and telling her so but when is he going to leave her? Soon? Please. Euron was great. "1000 ships and two good hands". lol 

Oldtown: Poor Sam. Of course he wants access to the restricted area of the library. Who doesn´t? Now they have found out (again) that Dragonstone has dragon glass. And surely he is going to cure Jorah? What else will he learn? I hope there is some hidden secret about the White Walkers.

Dragonstone: Daenerys has come home. For a few moments she looked like Viserys in the new clothing. Maybe it was because it has already been in the trailers and promo pics, but her returning home didn´t feel as touching as I thought it would. Tyrion was quiet several minutes. I guess we have seen it all now. :D 

I think that the only ones we didn´t see was Olenna (the Tyrells has all the food), the Sand snakes (enemies in the South) and Theon and Yara. Maybe next week?

Kings Landing: Cersei has totally lost it. It was horrible when she said that Tommen had betrayed her. Ugh! 

Wait, didn't he though?

The High Sparrow made her do that walk of shame (not to mention what he did to his wife) and Tommen didn't lift a finger.

In fact he turned around and basically joined the person who did that to his mother, rewarding him with more power and authority.

Furthermore he was going to stand aside as she was "judged" and likely executed.

Not saying Cersei doesn't deserve all that and more but I can absolutely see how that seems like betrayal from her point of view.

You are right but she didn't say anything about that before the suiced. She tried to protect him by not letting him go to the trial. That is why I thought it's the suicide that she meant was the betrayal. And that's just sick.

You are right but she didn't say anything about that before the suiced. She tried to protect him by not letting him go to the trial. That is why I thought it's the suicide that she meant was the betrayal. And that's just sick.

Oh. You know, you could be right.

I hadn't thought of that.

I guess the betrayal might be leaving her after everything.

We had our Hbo shut off between seasons, so I called dish a few days ago to get it turned back on (great deal on hbo, max, and starz fir six months, yay). The guy tells me as he's saying bye, that the game of thrones premiers in a few days. As if that's not why everyone was calling.

Yeah, I bought HBO Now with its free one-month trial so that I could watch. 

I agree with Sansa. Out with the old and in with the new. There has to be consequences.

I could see both of their points. Since there were Umbers and Karstarks willing to be loyal, I think Jon did the right thing. New allies can have Bolton lands or Frey lands and set themselves up there. With Sansa being shrewd and Jon being honorable, between them, they might make a good ruler. They should at least be better than the Lannister siblings. I like that they are side-by-side after years of being distant with one another. Sansa hardly thinks of him as a brother, in the books at least, and she wasn't much warmer towards him on the show. I like them bonding now. Heck, I like Sansa, and that was not the case for most of the first three books and the first two seasons. I think I am the most excited about the Starks in Winterfell storyline at this point of the show.

Oh. You know, you could be right.

I hadn't thought of that.

I guess the betrayal might be leaving her after everything.

She is self-centered enough to see it that way. Even in her devotion to her children, it was mainly to glorify herself in them. 

"When they ask you what happened here, tell them the North remembers; tell them that Winter came for House Frey." Damn, mic drop moment there for Arya, then smiling as she steps over the bodies on her way out of the room. I cheered. :smile:

My opinions

Arya was awesome.

The Hound deserves 5 chickens for burying those people.

Jon is more right in his stance I think. You don't visit the sins of the rebellious fathers upon the innocent children. Sansa is letting her past control her future. The Jon=Joffrey equivalence attempt was beneath her. Unless she thinks Cersei's way is the only way.

Citadel cuisine leaves something to be desired. As does their plumbing. You would think that they would use some of that knowledge on engineering a sewer system.

Very convenient that Dragonstone was left empty. It looks like a nearly impenetrable keep. Plus bonus dragonglass hoard. Cha-ching!!

Rewatched last night:

Arya- I liked both her "I'm going to kill everyone scene" then the scene with the Lanister soliders where, by camera work, we are to think that she's thinking about murdering all of them, but then remembers that maybe everyone doesn't have to die. I loved the "I'm going to kill the Queen" <pause> [Laughter]

Bran- Glad that he's back this side of the wall...but now what? 

Winterfell -> I actually like the idea of breaking up the King of the North into the Commander of the North -> Jon, and the Politician of the North -> Sansa. Of course, the splitting of monarchal powers rarely achieves multi-generational stability, but that's not what they're after. Let Jon stay in the north, and have Sansa take the knights of the vale, little finger, and briene south to kings landing.

King's Landing -> Cersi is insane, Jamie is realizing this and trying to figure out how to save everything, he clearly is more in Tyrions camp than the iron islands guy.

Old Town-> LOVED the montage (though it was gross); I also lord friend-zone's one-liner. Sam figuring out dragon glass is important, but he's going to be caught stealing books. So not a smart move on his part.

Dragonstone: Honestly, it was cinematic, and cool, but it was a waste of screen time (remember there are only 7 eps, this season (approx 70 mins each, so that 10 minute sceen wasted 2% of the season's total screen time.

All in all, i hope stuff gets moving next week.

I don't think that Sansa is taking the army anywhere; Jon is quite clear on what is coming down on them from the north.

I agree about Cersei and Jaime, and I think this starts to set up Cersei's prophesied (in the books, at least) death at the hands of her younger brother. She has always thought it was Tyrion, but of course, it is Jaime who will kill her.

Yeah. Sam's going down for stealing books, no doubt. They will kick him out, and he'll go straight to Dragonstone, which is closer than the Wall, and try to convince Dany to mine dragonglass to combat the threat in the north, which he'll also have to convince her of. It will be hard, what with Tyrion making quips about snarks and grumpkins in season one when Jon was headed to the Wall.

When seen against the backdrop of how long this arc has been in the making (six entire seasons), ten minutes is perhaps not too long to savor Dany's return to her ancestral home, but I understand your feelings. I kept waiting for it to be a trap, what with Jaime anticipating that she would land there, and when it wasn't, I thought "Really?" Still, it was a good scene, mood-wise, and she ends it well with, "Shall we begin?" 

I don't think that Sansa is taking the army anywhere; Jon is quite clear on what is coming down on them from the north.

When seen against the backdrop of how long this arc has been in the making (six entire seasons), ten minutes is perhaps not too long to savor Dany's return to her ancestral home, but I understand your feelings. I kept waiting for it to be a trap, what with Jaime anticipating that she would land there, and when it wasn't, I thought "Really?" Still, it was a good scene, mood-wise, and she ends it well with, "Shall we begin?" 

Meh, maybe without an army then, but she can be a force if she wants to be, army or no. I think the army, which is little fingers, would follow him/her anyway, ignoring Jon, but, whatever.

Yeah, I get it that she's home and it's a cool reveal of an abandoned dragonstone, but, like, i'll give you sand, gates, throne, then "lets get to work", it just could've been sped up in edit.

Meh, maybe without an army then, but she can be a force if she wants to be, army or no. I think the army, which is little fingers, would follow him/her anyway, ignoring Jon, but, whatever.

Yeah, I get it that she's home and it's a cool reveal of an abandoned dragonstone, but, like, i'll give you sand, gates, throne, then "lets get to work", it just could've been sped up in edit.

The army is young Lord Arryn's, although Baelish certainly wields a great influence on the kid. Regardless, I don't think either one of them are headed to King's Landing, what with the army of the dead almost on their doorstep. 

Do you mean the dead people?

Yeah.

That was the house he and Arya stopped at in S4, where he robbed the guy and his daughter and justified it by telling Arya that they weren't going to survive the winter anyway. A clip of that was in the "previously on" prior to the episode.

Do you mean the dead people?

Yeah.

That was the house he and Arya stopped at in S4, where he robbed the guy and his daughter and justified it by telling Arya that they weren't going to survive the winter anyway. A clip of that was in the "previously on" prior to the episode.

I totally wasn't paying attention and was annoyed they even had a previously on segment playing in the first place lol.

That's why when one of the Brotherhood suggested maybe there was ale hidden somewhere, Clegane said there wasn't - because when he and Arya were there he asked for ale, and the man and his daughter said they didn't have any.

The opening scene with the poison wine made me think of Gus Fring.

Have you been watching Better Call Saul? Man, I love that show. I think it might be better than Breaking Bad...

I wonder if Arya will kill Walder Frey in the books, should he ever write more of them. I think that Lady Stoneheart is taking care of most of the rest of the Freys, but I could see something similar to what happened in the show also going down in the books. Man, that fired me up. "Tell them winter came for House Frey." Damn straight, it did. You go, Arya! 

*sighs* Olenna Tyrell. I almost always come out as a Tyrell in GoT surveys, although once, they pegged me as a Bolton, of all things. I was always Gray Ajah in the WoTmania quizzes, and I've been Egwene in every WoT character test I've ever taken. At least I am consistent, even if I'm consistently Egwene Tyrell of the Gray Ajah. :tongue: