DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our friends at Ta'veren Tees celebrated their eighth birthday earlier this week!  That's an amazing eight years of fantastic officially licensed Wheel of Time goodies.  They also have some new merchandise to show off!   The nameday sale goes on till March 20th, so act fast! View full news item
    • Looks like I can still post but I don't have much time to get online. When driving we often lose signal and sometimes the modem here at C's house is spotty (and slow!).   Went to Glacier National Park today. Much of the park was closed due to winter road conditions but we had a good time, spent some quality time together, and got some good pictures.  
    • Hope the interview went well, Lily! 
    • True. It's just when I think tech giant, I think $$$. Wiki is always asking for donations.   In something like this, it's relatively benign example of censorship, even for Wikipedia. It doesn't really change much of anything... The point can be argued either way based upon the way Green Peace was 'founded', and amounts to drama between two or more parties than hard facts. Now when Google censors Anti-Vaxxer propaganda, I tend to care far less about censorship of those ideas...  Because Anti-Vaxxers through their actions/inaction cause death, and harm the public health as a whole. Largely though from my experience, Google looks to be pretty hands off on most things... (Caveat here is, they, like other tech companies are getting pressured to censor anti-vaxxers lately... Thank goodness.)   But then there are times there's soo much data out there, so much information that Google prioritizes the new information over the old information, which makes it difficult to find a similar case with similar actors that happened a year ago, which can and does alter the public sphere on what happened now versus then, making it harder to draw parallels and gauge how the public opinion on such things have changed.   Example, google R. Kelly Lawsuit. How many pages before you get to his 2002 lawsuit?   Probably. All I can gather about it is the guy's been on the outs from Green Peace for awhile because of his stance on climate change, and other stuff. Whether the other founders saw the interview, got mad, de-listed him. Other Green Peacers, or even one of his or other right-wing fans of the shows he was on did it to stir the pot against raging liberals. I dunno. Side Note: I don't agree with him on climate change, but I do agree with him on Nuclear and some other stuff he has said.