DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it would've been really crazy if the game ended day 2.

Has any mafia game on this site ever ended day 2?

Game only didn't end D2 because wolves were being lazy.  Survivor voted a villager so they could have just hammered to gg.

And yeah, I saw a few games that ended D2.  Saw one that ended D1.  The database is dark and mysterious.

Okay, we kinda messed up because we hadn't clear what was going to happen.

To keep it short, mafia doesn't have a majority, but neither does town.

This means that mafia can with certainty stop a lynch, but while town does not have a night kill (Turin died), mafia does, giving them the advantage.

Therefore, and I'm very sorry for not realizing this as I wrote the scene plus start of day, mafia wins the game.

Its called parity dude, and it means mafia is equal to town. Don't sweat it =)

And it would've been really crazy if the game ended day 2.

Has any mafia game on this site ever ended day 2?

Game only didn't end D2 because wolves were being lazy. Survivor voted a villager so they could have just hammered to gg.

Hypothetically yes, but without active teammates to get us anywhere? Not really a reliable win.

If I still did an MVP thing I'd give it to LZM

Seriously dude, I don't think I've ever seen a villager dig his way out of that deep of a pit and live to see end-game.  You played to win hard in a position where so many villagers would just get frustrated and roll over to die.

I thought that survivor pretty much eliminated the possibility of 3 mafia. So Marsh is either 3p or mafia faking. Either way I figure that worst case scenario is town goes into D3 3-1 or it is gg.

No way I expected 3 mafia and a 3p ans a vig in a 10 player game. That's why I don't MOD.

I thought that survivor pretty much eliminated the possibility of 3 mafia. So Marsh is either 3p or mafia faking. Either way I figure that worst case scenario is town goes into D3 3-1 or it is gg.

No way I expected 3 mafia and a 3p ans a vig in a 10 player game. That's why I don't MOD.

I guess that makes sense...

@ Darthe interesting play re: calling Turin the vigilante.  I thought it was pretty obvious that Turin was vig until you said that, then I thought maybe you were the vig trying to push the night kill over onto him.  One of the positives I noted for you that I didn't want to state in thread.  What was your actual intent there?

Sorry, what's QT?  

Sorry I wasn't involved nearly enough, the sub came at the one time I knew I'd have a hard time playing, the same reason I didn't actually sign on.  I did certainly learn a lot.  And Shad, so to finally answer your question, I questioned you because you were speaking so much.  In mafia RL you always question the person who talks the most because usually Mafia benefits the most by ruling the conversation.  Not sure if that's the case with the forum style but you almost always need a mafia ruling the convo in RL.

@ Oscar the question is irrelevant now that I know you're a wolf.

I thought you might have been trying to fake ignorance about the fact that I was already dead to make it look like you couldn't possibly be in a scum QT.  I was taking you to task to see if you could produce a real reason behind the question.