DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

WellKristOff

Hello, I have recently discovered the Wheel of Time series and am currently reading them for the first time. I am almost finished the 5th book.

I am very impressed by the series, the characters are excellent, as is their individual progression through the main story along with their personal story arcs. I am very much looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

I have always been a fan of fantasy. David Gemmell's Drenai series is still my all time personal favourite, though Wheel of Time I think has a much deeper storyline compared to the Drenai series which is more focused on individual characters. Well that's my opinion anyway.  :laugh:

I look forward to browsing through this forum, I just hope I don't unwittingly come across any spoilers. :ohmy:

Welcome to the site and enjoy the forums.  Watch the discussion boards for spoilers but, generally speaking, if you're wanting to get to know some of the other members, the social groups should be relatively safe as long as you warn the members where you're at in the series when you join.

I'll certainly have a look around the social groups.

As for favourite characters, I enjoy the dynamic between Nyneave and Elayne. It's a bit of a power struggle, like an old married couple! I also like Perrin, he just wants to do the right thing. A real reluctant hero.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The social groups are great. Check them all out. Each has their own thing going. 

Nyn and Elayne? I'd never really thought about that. I just get the obvious with Nyn and Rand or Mat. Lol. Perrin is good. I like the changes we see in Mat over the series.

Welcome!

I loved the Drenai series when I was in my teens. It was the first proper gritty fantasy that I ever read and I have not looked back.

Rereading Legend always makes me tear up because it's the start of something awesome. Also the funeral scene (being deliberately vague so other people don't get spoilers) means so much more after reading the other books in the series!

But Wheel of Time is awesome too!  :laugh: