A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Nolder

The Wall & Immigration Enforcement

22 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Well obviously.

One is real while the other isnt.

Do you want a country of DC plates?

#NoTaxationwithoutrepresentation

Your poistion is what, that we should have 0 net immigration? Not let citizens vote because they weren't here? Kick them all out? 

1 hour ago, Tyzack said:

Do you want a country of DC plates?

#NoTaxationwithoutrepresentation

Your poistion is what, that we should have 0 net immigration? Not let citizens vote because they weren't here? Kick them all out? 

My position is that we should have never been in this position to begin with.

Representation? Where was mine when a vote was taken to let in a million immigrants a year?

That's obviously just rhetoric. There was no vote.

12 minutes ago, Nolder said:

My position is that we should have never been in this position to begin with.

Representation? Where was mine when a vote was taken to let in a million immigrants a year?

Everytime you vote in federal elections.

There was a vote. Every Congress which does nothing is a vote to not do anything. 

10 minutes ago, Nolder said:

When was the vote on how many people are allowed to immigrate? I must have missed that one.

There were immigration reform acts in 2006 and 2014, both with bipartisan support, both tanked by hard right/nationalist/xenophobic elements of the Republican Party.

outside of that, I believe that the overall immigration levels are determined by the president...so you vote for those every 4 years 

10 minutes ago, Tyzack said:

There were immigration reform acts in 2006 and 2014, both with bipartisan support, both tanked by hard right/nationalist/xenophobic elements of the Republican Party.

I'm not interested in Amnesty.

Just because the late John McCain and his cohort of Koch brother sell outs want it doesn't mean it is a legitimate position of the right.

10 minutes ago, Tyzack said:

outside of that, I believe that the overall immigration levels are determined by the president...so you vote for those every 4 years 

Source? I wasn't aware of any hard limit set by anyone. If so I'll retract my statement with apologies.

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Just because the late John McCain and his cohort of Koch brother sell outs want it doesn't mean it is a legitimate position of the right..

Your position that anything other than - kick - them - all - out - is tantamount to amnesty is entirely impractical to say the least 

1 hour ago, Tyzack said:

Your position that anything other than - kick - them - all - out - is tantamount to amnesty is entirely impractical to say the least 

First of all I was talking about legal immigrants not illegals. Just want to make that clear.

With that said, I don't understand...what else is there?

These people broke the law and are here illegally, the law dictates they be deported to their country of origin.

Anything other than that is...what?

You want to make them legal residents?

But legal residents can apply for citizenship ergo it's amnesty.

It seems to me a binary thing.

Deport or Amnesty.

How can something inbetween exist?

On 2/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, Nolder said:

Well obviously.

One is real while the other isnt.

Go fuck yourself.

Done, now what?

These are the definitions I'm using for those words.

image.png.a7bd35fda6dcb6ecfb322444f47472a6.png

image.png.ef044d16dadf5523538606d9477bffe9.png

image.png.5f870630d0267043d32999ab8536bc2c.png

You don't want Citizens that came from Foreign countries to vote. I base this on your prior comments that you don't want most people to have the ability to vote. Men, Women,  you want a select few to have any kind of voting power.  Ergo it is not unreasonable for me to believe that you don't believe foreign born citizens shouldn't vote.

Foreign born citizen have to Renounce and abjure absolutely and entirely all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which the applicant was before a subject or citizen.

Naturalized citizens aren't required to.

So when you say we are concerned out Russian influence, but the foreign influence is right in front of us...

No, no it's not.
They are citizens. They are no longer Foreigners.

But, because there are people with views like yours, that will always view them, always and forever as Foreigners, you're the reason why many never assimilate, or want to assimilate. Why assimilate with something that clearly hates your very being?

We are not a direct Democracy. Do they not teach that in school?
You voted for it, when you voted for your representative.

It happened before you were born? So what? Don't like how things are run? Move to another country? Vote with your Feet! (Republican logic 101).
That don't work?
Change the laws around you through advocacy.

Oh wait. Republican logic 101 also states, Change the way we do things = unamerican/non patriotic liberal scum.

Just because the late John McCain and his cohort of Koch brother sell outs want it doesn't mean it is a legitimate position of the right.

And how many of those illegals came here legally and over stayed their visa, often through no fault of their own?

Remember that government shutdown we had?
Want to guess how many legal immigrants became Illegal because of it?
Hint, the number isn't 0.

Comprehensive immigration reform is a lot more than just 'amnesty'. It's fixing the whole god damn system.

Any system that lets people actively pursue citizenship for 30+ years, before granting/denying it, is hugely flawed and inefficient.
We are also harming ourselves, by training the best and the brightest, and then sending them home because of our screwed up immigration laws.

It seems to me a binary thing.

Deport or Amnesty.

How can something inbetween exist?

Not everything is Black & White. I think we've been over that.... many times.

Binary choices are only binary if you are hard locked into the view that everything is white or black. Good or Evil. Democrat or Republican.

You know what certain amnesty options allow?
It allows you to get paperwork on everyone here illegally.

It lets you find out more about them Where they live, where they work, who lives with them. How many children they brought here/had here. Vaccines, crimes, etc. (And those here 100% illegally through coyotes, may not even be educated enough to know of the legal ways to get here!)

It gives you even better opportunity to outright deport those who don't have said paperwork. Those who are known criminals that won't file said paperwork.

And best thing of all?
It lets you tax the hell out of that population that aren't paying taxes. (though, many purchase SSI cards so they are paying taxes..)

30 minutes ago, Nolder said:

tl;gfy

I'm not interested in what you have to say.

You're just an asshole and you're boring.

Then leave D&D and go spout you're neo-xenophobe elsewhere?

Nah, I'll just stay here and talk with the others who know how to have a conversation despite wildly different beliefs. If you're so bothered maybe you should be the one to leave. 

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Nah, I'll just stay here and talk with the others who know how to have a conversation despite wildly different beliefs. If you're so bothered maybe you should be the one to leave. 

So you're going to talk to yourself?

So #triggered at being called out as a xenophobe, when that's clearly your position.

go ahead, Change my mind.

But, you can't be bothered to have a conversation despite having wildly different beliefs.

Lol

Like I said you're boring. Get something interesting to say instead of being a drone and maybe I'll engage.

8 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Lol

Like I said you're boring. Get something interesting to say instead of being a drone and maybe I'll engage.

Got it. You're totally a Xenophobe, and you can't even argue that you aren't one.
Which explains your emotional outburst when you said

On 2/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, Nolder said:

Go fuck yourself.

Which is definitely not something, someone would say, if they are capable of discussing things with people they disagree with.

Funny how ya'll like to play the victim card when you get called out on your own b.s. but don't see your own damn hypocrisy with your insults that you claim are just for the lols.

Edited by SinisterDeath

10 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Which explains your emotional outburst

Hmmm...

ydxYr0H.png

Which is definitely not something, someone would say, if they are capable of discussing things with people they disagree with.

So how do you explain your outbursts?

Like I said you're just boring and now you're borderline harassing me.

I don't really have any interest in talking to you. You have nothing to say I haven't seen before.

I'd rather talk to Cuba for a month about whether British colonists are the true Americans again than waste 5 minutes reading the drivel you post.

At least he knows what he's talking about and is a good sport overall.

Even Tyzack and Lenlo whom I've both had many problems with in the past as both can atest to are at least interesting even though they don't agree with me much.

I enjoy talking to them which is why I continue to do so even though there are times it makes me want to beat my head against a wall in frustration.

You're just like the talking heads on TV.

Blah blah blah racist blah blah assimilation blah blah diversity is our greatest strength you xenophobe.

Ok. Cool. I've heard it all before and I don't care because every time I try to engage you in a deeper conversation you just fall back on the same shitty insults as shown in the screenshot above.

Funny how ya'll like to play the victim card when you get called out on your own b.s. but don't see your own damn hypocrisy with your insults that you claim are just for the lols.

I didn't insult you I told you to go fuck yourself.

More plainly I mean leave me alone. 

I don't want to talk to you.

I've done so before and it never leads anywhere productive or even interesting.

It's always just a waste of my time and to be honest I'm just kind of over it.

Please respect my wishes. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Nolder said:

So how do you explain your outbursts?

Neither of us were innocent in that outburst. .

We both fed off of each other toxicity during that exchange, and I happened to be the one who who got mad first.
I took responsibility for what I said, and I left D&D for awhile of my own volition.... I was even told by Tyzack not to leave/take a break, but I did anyways.

How about this.

Either:

A) Block me

or

B) Let's make a pact (deal?).

I/You won't make any jabs, insults, at, towards, directly or indirectly about, You/Me, no matter how minor.  

This includes statements like "You conservatives, You liberals, you snowflakes, you NPCs, even when not directed at You/I but other users.

If either of us do feel insulted, they may brings up the pact, and the other apologizes. Issue dropped.

I/You have no interest in talking about the subject with You/I, and I/You will refrain from quoting You/I and replying to said quotes.

I/You will read a post in full before commenting on the contents of that post.

-If I/You don't/can't, a "I stopped reading after this" can be used.

I/You will keep snark, quips, and sarcasm directed toward the other to a minimum.

I/You won't make the claim to know what the other thinks or believes.

I/You when reaching an impasse, will attempt to explain back to the other's argument without snark or sarcasm, in an effort to show that we understand the others' argument.

I/You will accept the clarification of what the other meant, if an argument comes up because one party says they meant one thing, even when post reads like it meant another.

I/You when arguing/discussing, will take a short breather and ask "does this post violate the pact?"

** If your interested in trying this, feel free to add to it. Otherwise, you'll find D&D is going to be a much smaller world. **

14 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Neither of us were innocent in that outburst. .

We both fed off of each other toxicity during that exchange, and I happened to be the one who who got mad first.
I took responsibility for what I said, and I left D&D for awhile of my own volition.... I was even told by Tyzack not to leave/take a break, but I did anyways.

How about this.

Either:

A) Block me

or

B) Let's make a pact (deal?).

I/You won't make any jabs, insults, at, towards, directly or indirectly about, You/Me, no matter how minor.  

This includes statements like "You conservatives, You liberals, you snowflakes, you NPCs, even when not directed at You/I but other users.

If either of us do feel insulted, they may brings up the pact, and the other apologizes. Issue dropped.

I/You have no interest in talking about the subject with You/I, and I/You will refrain from quoting You/I and replying to said quotes.

I/You will read a post in full before commenting on the contents of that post.

-If I/You don't/can't, a "I stopped reading after this" can be used.

I/You will keep snark, quips, and sarcasm directed toward the other to a minimum.

I/You won't make the claim to know what the other thinks or believes.

I/You when reaching an impasse, will attempt to explain back to the other's argument without snark or sarcasm, in an effort to show that we understand the others' argument.

I/You will accept the clarification of what the other meant, if an argument comes up because one party says they meant one thing, even when post reads like it meant another.

I/You when arguing/discussing, will take a short breather and ask "does this post violate the pact?"

** If your interested in trying this, feel free to add to it. Otherwise, you'll find D&D is going to be a much smaller world. **

That was hard to read and understand just so you know.

I have no interest in making some pact or deal but I'll tell you what.

As a "counter offer" I'm willing to just assume there's something about the topic of immigration that makes you this way. Respect my wishes that I have no desire to talk immigration with you and I'll treat everything else as normal and respond like I would towards anyone. 

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

As a "counter offer" I'm willing to just assume there's something about the topic of immigration that makes you this way. Respect my wishes that I have no desire to talk immigration with you and I'll treat everything else as normal and respond like I would towards anyone. 

I'll agree to this.

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I'll agree to this.

Cool. Thank you, I appreciate it.