DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Guy Here!

Guest Zpecia

Guest Zpecia

Hello Everyone,

My name is Zack, 21 years old, married and have one child! I am JUST starting the first book of the series, and I am totally hooked on it. Found out there was this community here (totally awesome by the way) and wanted to join up! I am a huge LOTR fan, and now a huge Wheel of Time fan!
Bit about me, I am a medic in the Army, do a bunch of crazy stuff (not really, I am a normal person). Dreams of becoming a physician, but who knows how that will go. Just started the Wheel of Time series recently (started back in October 2016, but got caught up in some craziness). Currently living in Maryland, but on duty in Kentucky! Woohoo! So what better thing to do when all alone and bored than to pick up an old book, right? Definitely caught me off guard! Wasn't really expecting such rich detail, imagery, and character development in such a short period of time (just hit Pg. 400 in the paperback version of Eye of the World). So I am a bit past the halfway point! No spoilers please! But definitely looking forward to continuing the journey alongside Rand, Mat, and the other characters in the story!

Welcome, Zack!!! Be careful around the book discussion areas so you won't run into any spoilers. I have a son that just got out of the Air Force.

I know of Ft. Campbell. :)

If you have any questions, please ask.

Hello, Zack. Glad you could join us. I too was married at the tender age of 21. My wife and I became empty-nesters in only our late 40s, still plenty young enough to enjoy the freedom of being childless.

Enjoy the rest of the series.

Welcome to DM, Zpecia!

Do you have a favourite group / nation from the books? Or favourite characters?

What she said, excited you're here.  Join a social group (SG), someone there can help you steer clear of the spoilers better too.  Tread carefully.  Not always are warnings given before spoilers.

Welcome, Zack!  We're glad you found us.  :smile:

My youngest just graduated from high school. He wants to join the military (Combat Rescue) and has hopes of getting into the AF Academy. I've tried to get him interested in the WoT but so far no luck, even though one of his oldest and best friends is a WoT fan.

Come visit us in the White Tower and Band of the Red Hand social groups!