DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Hayl3y

Who comes before us as a candidate for Accepted? (EJamesTodd)

The Novice E James Todd has completed his requirements to be Raised to Accepted and may post his Arches when ready.

Please hold the congratsing until the Arches have been posted

Declaration of Self

I am James, an American lover of music and stories. I have always had a strong affinity for reading and learning, in part due to a supportive mother and in large part to a voracious desire to learn more. I am currently working on a personal opus which has been rattling about my skull for several years, the initiating push originating from the very supportive community members here. I first started reading The Eye of the World two years ago now, on a night shift with nothing to do; my first read-through of the series concluded three months after that. I stumbled upon Dragonmount in search of some answers from the late master himself, on the subject of the Dragon and the cycle of rebirth in particular relation to the Karaethon Cycle. I kept lurking and reading more of the threads, and eventually took the plunge of creating an account in January of this year. I live in a housebrary, I am a shameless planeswalker that plays White/Blue Control, and I have a room dedicated to Lego in my house.

Declaration of Commitment

My time as a novice has been chock-full of activities, starting with the Browns' Chocolate Week and the recipe thread I was given to run (it probably didn't help matters that I was in the middle of a baking craze that week!). I have done my best to participate in every event that has been held since I started, from the Yellows' discussion on music to the Greens' Feast of Fools and the silly talk that ensued, to the Reds' International Women's Week. I did my best to make myself available to the Ajahs and the members, and feel that I have made several friends in my short time here.

Declaration of Intent

First and foremost, I wish to continue meeting and becoming better acquainted with the members of this community. I began my field trips with a thread open for any individual to ask of me any question and to get to know me better, and I hope that more will continue to do so in the future. I know that an outstanding method of doing so is to participate in events, and I fully plan on doing so well on to my gray years when I go senile; but I wish to know of and interact with the people in this community – our community – and know them as well as I know the rest of my "extended families." I have begun to consider a few Ajahs for petition, but my hope is that I will continue and be allowed to carry on with meeting and learing about the myriad members of our White Tower. Someday, perhaps soon or perhaps a ways off, I aspire to giving back and helping the next novice take their first steps; but for now I would be content with giving to the community that has already given me so much.

And maybe one day, I'll finish a book of my own. :wink:

Congrats James !!!! *snugglebites*

Awesome arches ;biggrin:

(and gl gl with your book)

Beautiful arches, James! Congratulations on getting raised :)

Lovely Arches. Congrats on your Raising, James.  :smile:

Woohoo Congrats James. Very nice arches.

loving those arches! Congratulations Accepted! *snugglebites*

Thank you all very much. Charis, thank you for the cookies; I wish I had thought to bring some of my own, but these are just lovely. :smile:

Be careful with the snugglebites, or you'll start getting some back... :wink: