DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Unique Ring

Hey all!! I'm needing some assistance with a wedding ring. I'm getting married July 14th, and I had my plans for the rings fall through. So I want to make a 110% unique ring for her that is WoT themed. I wanna write on the inside "Shade of my Heart". I just want cool designs that would look good on a ring with sapphires.

Thanks for the help!

Hey all!! I'm needing some assistance with a wedding ring. I'm getting married July 14th, and I had my plans for the rings fall through. So I want to make a 110% unique ring for her that is WoT themed. I wanna write on the inside "Shade of my Heart". I just want cool designs that would look good on a ring with sapphires.

Thanks for the help!

Call around to some of the small jewelers in your area, don't bother with any of the big name places who will just refer you out anyways or send out of house for a custom job.  They will get their middleman cut.  One of the smaller places might be able to help make the ring as a lot of their businesses do custom work in order to compete with the big name stores, or since they are in the business, they will probably know someone that can do the work and refer you to someone who does that type of custom work, especially someone that does Fantasy jewelry.  If you are on a budget, sit down with a reputable artist like maybe a tattoo artist that does fantasy ink and talk about what you want and see if they can provide the artwork/design sketches so you have something to show to the jeweler and go from there. It might cost you $50-$100 to sit down with them for half an hour or so, but that only gives you more bragging rights when it comes to having a true custom ring, especially if the artist is someone that has won a lot of awards.  Be prepared to pay for a custom ring though, the good ones are not cheap.

Another cost-saver is if you have some 14k jewelry lying around, some chains or an old ring the jeweler can use the gold in the casting of the new ring.  Or something sentimental like a grandmother's old ring that is too worn to repair to give it new life and really give your new ring some meaning.  If it helps, Royals used to recycle old defunct crowns and jewelry to reuse the gold and the jewels. :biggrin:  I would caution you against using someone on the internet as this type of a ring needs to be seen to in person, from the design to finished delivery phase so you don't lose time mailing items back and forth if something isn't right, which happens from time to time. What is in your head isn't always an identical vision, as the debates here have proven.  Hope this helps!