DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sooooooooooo?

LedZepMan

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Great Lord may say no work. But the Tax Man says "You got bills to pay boy!"

And it's not playing with them after the second thumb smash.

You don't have a number of days per year you can take off of work in the USA?

The Great Lord may say no work. But the Tax Man says "You got bills to pay boy!"

:laugh:

If you're very lucky to have a union job, or work on a salary basis for an employer that does that, you may, but it's not legislated or mandated for all. For most jobs you get paid for the time you work, and you may even get fired for taking off sick.

:laugh:

If you're very lucky to have a union job, or work on a salary basis for an employer that does that, you may, but it's not legislated or mandated for all. For most jobs you get paid for the time you work, and you may even get fired for taking off sick.

...That would never be possible in the Netherlands. For one, all companies are required by law to allow their employees at least 20 paid days off per year. There's also all kinds of protection against being fired for nothing, and even though I've never looked into it, I won't hesitate to say that "taking off sick" is not a valid reason to fire someone in the Netherlands.

The roof, the roof is on fire!

We don't need no water, let the mofo burn.

..... it's time to leave the roof.

ANd srsly, careful with alcohol and heights. Actually careful with heights. The falling hurts.

The falling doesn't hurt. It's hitting the ground that hurts.

Edited by Leyrann

Ya, there are a lot of very messed up things about labor laws and health insurance and.... trust me, you don't want to get into it.

Yes, hitting the ground hurts but very often you get hung up on stuff sticking out from the house on the way down. Best to just not fall.

No, I earn paid time off every week. 1.25 hours every work week. I can take that when I want (between October and April), or use it to supplement a check if it was a slow work week.