DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey, anyone remember me?

dawnflower8

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you prepared for a huge list? If so, then...

Kamelot

Nightwish

Ayreon

Rhapsody of Fire

GloryHammer

Leaves' Eyes

Unleash the Archers

Epica

Therion

Arkona

Powerwolf

DragonForce

Metallica

Symphony X

Disturbed

Helloween

Van Canto

Amaranthe

Star One

Helion Prime

Delain

Xandria

Freedom Call

Falconer

Avenged Sevenfold

Area 11

Avantasia

Sirenia

Within Temptation

Battle Beast

Feel free to give me more recommendations.

Turisas

Fairyland

Power Quest

Instanzia

Elvenking

Hammerfall

Dream Theater

Threshold

Sabaton

Ensiferum

Moonsorrow

Dark Moor

Stratovarius

Sonata Arctica

Theocracy (if you don't mind your metal being Christian)

Demons and Wizards

Seventh Wonder

And I'll probably think of a few more in the coming time.

Also, I don't know if you like extremely long songs, but Green Carnation has the 60 minute song Light of Day, Day of Darkess that is definitely worth checking out. Maybe the rest of the band is too, but I only know that song.

I actually LOVE Theocracy, how did I forget to put them on my list? As in, they're in my top 5.

And yep, I already listen to a few on your list. I'll check out the ones I don't, though. 

I only know one Hammerfall song and that's When The Dragon Lies Bleeding, which I love. Any songs of theirs that are similar to that one?

As I said, Hammerfall is a band I don't know all to well myself. I have an internet radio however that frequently plays them, which is how I found out they're quite awesome. As of now, I mostly like the song Hammerfall (V2.0.07), but I really really need to listen more of them. It's not hard to find full albums on YouTube.

Turisas and Dream Theater are my top recommendations by the way. Turisas is an AMAZING power/folk mix with a style that no other band even comes close to (just ignore their last album btw), and Dream Theater is, in my opinion, the best Prog Metal band there is, with 13 albums to choose from, and most are pretty good.

I've listened to a bit of Turisas (Stand Up and Fight, Rasputin) and from what I've heard they're pretty awesome. Dream Theater, I'm less familiar with. 

I'm listening to Edguy right now and I think I like them MORE than Avantasia, so thanks for that rec!

I'm listening to it right now, and yep, it's really good.

And I think we might have very different opinions on what the best Blind Guardian songs are. My favourites are The Ninth Wave, Mirror Mirror, Sacred Worlds, The Soulforged, Twilight of the Gods, Wheel of Time, Ride Into Obsession, and Another Stranger Me.