DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bending the Air to Her Will (OP Training for Mordre)

U4ea

"An answer to my question..." Madoc said simply, "You are already practiced in the ways of speaking as a Wise One, answering without answering, asking without asking, telling... well, you may need to work on that one." He said with a chuckle. 

Mordre smiled at him. "Perhaps the answer to your question is the answer to mine. Have you considered that? My path has been chosen for me, sure. I choose who to walk it with. You've walked this far with me, Madoc. If your path leads you a different way, if what you want is vastly different from the path I've been forced to take..." 

"See, more Wise One talk! And you say you have not been on this path since your hair was in pigtails." Madoc said with a laugh, "My path meanders, it has no real direction yet. I am a Stone Dog, yes. But what lies further than that, I do not know. W ehave a Society Leader, we have a Sept Chief, we have a Clan Chief, so for now I am a warrior and content to be so."

Mordre barely refrained from growling in frustration. She clapped her hands on either side of his face. "Are you content to be a warrior, Madoc? What do you want? You claim I am speaking in riddles like a Wise One, but you still have not answered my question. You want an answer first? Very well. Yes, you are enough for me. You are frustrating and that is not likely to change. I am willing to deal with that, I have dealt with it thus far and I cannot imagine my life without your infuriating person in it. Now, what do you want?" 

Madoc stifled a smirk, knowing it would infuriate Mordre further, and answered her question. "I want you." he had ambitions, but the next step on his path was sitting in front of him, and he'd long ago learned you concentrated on the next obstacle in your path than the ones further out. Mordre was the goal he'd set his eyes on next, and after that... well Rhian was getting a little long of tooth, perhaps the opportunity to be Sept Chief would come sooner than he though. "After you, then, perhaps then I may want to be Sept Chief, if fate favors me."

"Truly?" she asked quietly, not hiding the pleasure the idea gave her from him. Finally, something to smile about today. 

"Sept Chief?" she asked, her mouth falling open a bit. "No simple warrior, there, Madoc. I know not if I can be the Sept Chief's wife!" She grinned at him and shook her head. When he set his sights on something, he did not aim low, that was certain. 

~Mordre

"Truly." Madoc said with a nod and smile, "And if the choice is between you and Sept chief then I would still choose you. Besides, you will be a Wise One, and not just a Sept Chief's wife... besides, Sept Chief is on the way to being Clan Chief."

Mordre had to look away from him, at that. Her cheeks flushed in pleasure and she felt a girlish giggle bubbling inside her. "Who knew Stone Dogs were so eloquently spoken?" she joked, trying to calm her reaction to his devotion before she looked back up at him. "Then know you that I mean to lay a bridal wreath at your feet, though when I do not know. I would not sentence you to being a widow before my training is finished, but I know not what comes after. It will not happen soon, Madoc. Are you prepared for the wait?"

~Mordre

• 3 weeks later...

Mordre held his eyes through his answer and felt a shiver move through her at his words. It had a note of assurance to it that no part of their conversation to that point had carried. He didn't doubt her, not even a bit. The realization was heady and she rolled up on her toes to press her lips to his, as if sealing their agreement in some physical way was needed. 

~Mordre