DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Casting - S..t just got real: Egwene, Nynaeve, Min

Elgee

Right, according to sources, the WoT TV Series might finally be happening. That means only one thing: sh.t just got real in the "who I want as actor to play [x] character" debate!

To that end, I will be starting a series of threads in which you can post your pictures of actors whom you think will be best able to portray the characters.

There will be rules!

1) Post a picture of your choice, with their name.

2) Pick people who actually are actors (they don't need to be famous) or at a pinch models, who you think could act, and the right age right NOW.

3) Pick people who roughly resemble the description of the characters (I'll post what descriptions there are). Obviously you don't have to be pedantic, but it's got to be realistic. Aiel aren't generally short and dark. Seafolk are generally very dark skinned. Egwene is a teenager, so someone in their 30's or 40's isn't going to work.

4) No biting, kicking or scratching. Channeling and stabbing is allowed, though.

This post will be copied and pasted to each new thread I make, cos I'm lazy.

We will start with the order of appearance (roughly), so first up will be the people we get to know in The Eye of the World (Book 1).

I will make threads for groups of people (ie the Wonder Boys, the Wonder Girls, Emond's Fielders, etc), or we'll have a million threads.

Grouped together roughly for order of appearance, but also later importance, we have Egwene al'Vere, Nynaeve al'Meara and Min Farshaw.

Description of Egwene al'Vere:

She is slender, has dark brown hair and big brown eyes. Some sources say she has dark skin, but it's mentioned at one stage that she's become so sun-darkened she looks like a dark haired Aiel. They're not dark skinned, though - just tanned from being in the desert.

She's about 5'2 or 5'3 (157 - 160 cm)

Full descriptions found in 3 major online source:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Egwene_al%27Vere:

She is described as pretty, with large brown eyes, dark skin, and long dark hair. She briefly wore her hair in a braid, the Two Rivers symbol that a woman has come of age, but once she began taking lessons from Moiraine she decided to take it down because "Aes Sedai don't braid their hair. At least, not unless they want to."[1] She's very short, standing one span and two inches or about 5'3". - The Wheel of Time Companion

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/e/egwene.html:

She has big brown eyes and dark hair. (TEotW,Ch3) She is about 5'2".

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Egwene_al%27Vere#Appearance:

Egwene has dark brown hair and big brown eyes, and she is about 5'2". At Bel Tine in 998 NE, when she is 17, Egwene is allowed to braid her hair to show that she is of marriageable age (TEotW, Ch. 3). She wears her hair unbraided once she leaves the Two Rivers because few Aes Sedai wear their hair braided (TEotW, Ch. 11).

Description of Nynaeve al'Meara:

She is slender and barely taller than Mat's shoulder. She has deep brown eyes and she wears her long dark hair in a braid, which is cut short much later in the series.

She's about 5'4 (162 cm)

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/El%27Nynaeve_ti_al%27Meara_Mandragoran:

She has dark eyes and until recently a long dark braid, which she would often yank in times of exasperation. Her hair is now significantly shorter after her harrowing ordeal in the oval ring and is too short to tug.[1] She is also described as being relatively short and slim, standing at 5'4". She is said to be very pretty, even beautiful. She has big eyes, although not as large as Egwene al'Vere's eyes. She looks younger than she is in virtue of her slowing at around age twenty.

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/n/nynaeve.html:

She is slender and barely taller than Mat's shoulder. She has deep brown eyes and she wears her long dark hair in a braid. (TEotW,Ch3) She is about 5'4".

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Nynaeve_al%27Meara#Appearance:

Nynaeve is slender with deep brown eyes, wears her long dark hair in a braid, and is barely taller than Mat's shoulder (TEotW, Ch. 3). With a short temper and sharp tongue, Nynaeve regularly gives over to fits of rage and verbal abuse and never hesitates to thwap anyone she believes has over-stepped themselves.

Description of Min Farshaw:

She is considered very attractive, described as 'uncommonly pretty' if short of beautiful. She is slender with short brown hair that curls about her neck, and large, dark eyes. Her hair grows longer, and she starts to curl it.

She's a little taller than Moiraine, so anywhere from about 5'3 to 5'4, maybe (157 - 162 cm)

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Elmindreda_Farshaw:

She is considered very attractive, described as 'uncommonly pretty' if short of beautiful. She is slender with short brown hair that curls about her neck, and large, dark eyes. While she adamantly refuses to wear skirts or dresses, she now wears breeches that are tailored to show off her petite curves.

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Min_Farshaw#Appearance:

Min prefers to dress as a tomboy, dressing her slender form in breeches and shirts rather than dresses. She is a little taller than Moiraine, with short, brown hair and large, dark eyes. (TEotW, Ch. 14; Ch. 15) When she was twenty years of age, Min had an incident in The Miners' Rest, an inn that she worked in, and vowed never to wear a dress again. (LoC, Ch. 41)

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/m/min.html:

She is slender, a little taller than Moiraine, and has short hair. She is in her early to mid-twenties. (TEotW,Ch14) She has large, dark eyes. (TEotW,Ch15)

Edited by Elgee

So, I have 2 offerings for Egwene. One I've never seen acting, so I can't judge, but she looks right. She's also slightly too old imo, but she looks much younger and might be able to pull off Eggy much better than a more appropriately aged but inexperienced actress.

Victoria Dawn Justice is an American actress, singer, model, dancer and songwriter. She debuted as an actress at the age of ten and has since appeared in several films and television series including the Nickelodeon series Zoey 101 and Victorious. Wikipedia
Born: February 19, 1993 (age 24 years), Hollywood, Florida, United States
Height: 5′ 5″

5e3b7a583f60769ef2150fd7c5df26ef--victor

Edited by Elgee

My 2nd offering for Egwene is even older (27), and really a bit too tall, but I've seen her acting and I believe she has the spunk for it. She LOOKS exactly as I imagine Egwene.

Lindsey Marie Morgan is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Kristina Davis on General Hospital and as mechanic Raven Reyes on The 100. Wikipedia
Born: February 27, 1990 (age 27 years), Georgia, United States

Lindsey-Morgan-the-100-tv-show-37127443-

Edited by Elgee

Nynaeve al'Meara:

She is slender and barely taller than Mat's shoulder. She has deep brown eyes and she wears her long dark hair in a braid, which is cut short much later in the series.

She's about 5'4 (162 cm)

I have only 1 offering for Nynaeve, so far.

Zoey Francis Thompson Deutch is an American actress. She is known for portraying Rose Hathaway in Vampire Academy, Beverly in the Richard Linklater film Everybody Wants Some!!, Stephanie Fleming in Why Him?, and Samantha Kingston in Before I Fall. Wikipedia
Born: November 10, 1994 (age 22 years), Los Angeles, California, United States
Height: 5′ 4″

So bang on in the age and height department. Slightly paler than I would pick for Nynaeve, but nothing a tan, darker lenses ad hair dye won't fix. Mainly she looks like she could do the attitude AND the humour, though!

Zoey%2BDeutch7.jpg
Edited by Elgee

Min Farshaw:

She is considered very attractive, described as 'pretty' if short of beautiful. She is slender with short brown hair that curls about her neck, and large, dark eyes. Her hair grows longer, and she starts to curl it.  She's in her early to mid-twenties.

She's a little taller than Moiraine, so anywhere from about 5'3 to 5'4, maybe (157 - 162 cm)

I have 2 choices for Min.

My first and favourite, is none other than Emma Watson (Hermione from Harry Potter, in case you've forgotten)!

Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson is a British actress, model, and activist. Born in Paris and brought up in Oxfordshire, Watson attended the Dragon School and trained as an actress at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts. Wikipedia
Born: April 15, 1990 (age 27 years), Paris, France
Education: Brown University (2009–2014), More

Not only does she have the looks, but come on .... she's clever, and a women's right activist! That's Min down to a T.
She can do both short hair and boyish looks, and grown up & sophisticated, yet all the time retaining a mischievous demeanor.

Emma-Watson-pixie-hairstyle.jpg

emma-watson-5.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Edited by Elgee

My 2nd choice for Min Farshaw, is Ashley Greene (Alice from Twilight).

I absolutely ADORE her! I think she Must Must Must be in the WoT TV series. Her mischievous looks would fit well with Min's character, I think. She might be a tad bit old? These actresses are extremely well preserved, though.

Ashley Michele Greene is an American actress and model. She is known for playing Alice Cullen in the film adaptations of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novels. Wikipedia
Born: February 21, 1987 (age 30 years), Jacksonville, Florida, United States

267686.jpg

Edited by Elgee

Nynaeve al'Meara:

She's about 5'4 (162 cm)

I have only 1 offering for Nynaeve, so far.

Zoey Francis Thompson Deutch is an American actress. She is known for portraying Rose Hathaway in Vampire Academy, Beverly in the Richard Linklater film Everybody Wants Some!!, Stephanie Fleming in Why Him?, and Samantha Kingston in Before I Fall. Wikipedia

Born: November 10, 1994 (age 22 years), Los Angeles, California, United States

Height: 5′ 4″

So bang on in the age and height department. Slightly paler than I would pick for Nynaeve, but nothing a tan, darker lenses ad hair dye won't fix. Mainly she looks like she could do the attitude AND the humour, though!

936full-zoey-deutch_1.jpg

Ooh! I think you just ruined me on thinking anybody else could be cast as Nynaeve. That stare, the arms... 100% there.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Also MAYBE Katie McGrath for Nyneave (same with brown contacts)

MV5BMTgzNDg2NTc5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDAy

Hmmm ...how tall is she? Could she do Moiraine?

Height doesn't matter. They can work with that with the camera.

Nynaeve

Emeraude Toubia (born March 1, 1989) is a Canadian-born American actress and model. She portrays Isabelle Lightwood on the Freeform fantasy series Shadowhunters. She previously appeared on the Venevisión telenovelas Cosita linda as Dulce Rincón and Voltea pa' que te enamores as Stephanie Karam.

large.jpg

Edited by Ahmyra al'Ruley

Frankly I think she could play anyone..... She's hella talented. 

Also, I REALLY want what-ever-his-name-is that plays Jace to play one of the boys although I think whats-his-face that plays Magnus would be AMAZING as Matt....

But I might be a little biased...