DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello everyone. I just finished the series.

EssexStadir

New to the forum.

After a year or so listening to the audiobook version of WoT I have finally finished. Depression has officially set in because I no longer have anything else in the series to listen to. I guess I'll listen to New Spring since I haven't checked it out yet. 

I really enjoyed it. The ending was better than I thought it would be. I guess I was expecting something different but I'm happy with the way it turned out. I would have enjoyed a flash forward in the future to see how some of the characters and other events had panned out but I still really enjoyed the ending. Brandon Sanderson did a fantastic job of wrapping up the series. I was surprised at how well he did as I was expecting something missing since the passing of RJ. I'm not disappointed at all. I think he did great.

Mat is my favorite character. His character development throughout the series was awesome. I actually started out not liking him at all and being annoyed with his character. 

Lan is another favorite even if his character stayed relatively unchanged throughout the series. 

Egwene is another character that developed a lot throughout the series. I enjoyed her development and progression through the series. 

Those are just a few. I don't have the time to start getting into all the characteristics of the WoT characters. As we know, there's just far too many.

My wife insisted for years that I read/listen to the series. It's her favorite and now it's clear why it's her favorite. I'm glad I finally listened to her and committed to the entire series. 

It's always sad when a good book is over. It's even sadder when a great series is over. This sadness is on a completely different level. The length and complexity of the series and all the characters that move it along make it that much more difficult when it's over.  

Hiya Essex! Welcome.

Mat's my favorite too. And I'm glad to see someone actually appreciating Egwene for a change. That girl gets way too much slack as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I'm not a big fan of how the series ended which is why I can't bring myself to do a re-read.

Welcome! New Spring is amazingly awesome.

Lan is my favorite character and New Spring has a lot to do with that!!

I loved New Spring. I read it after the third book. I thought that was a good time.

Edited by Ryrin

I loved New Spring. I read it after the third book. I thought that was a good time.

I've just recently talked my sister into starting the series and when she asked about New Spring, I told her to read it between 9 & 10. My reasoning was merely because I liked the air of mystery around Lan and Moraine for as long as possible. I think shes going to jump the gun on it though lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've just recently talked my sister into starting the series and when she asked about New Spring, I told her to read it between 9 & 10. My reasoning was merely because I liked the air of mystery around Lan and Moraine for as long as possible. I think shes going to jump the gun on it though lol

I liked it after the third book because it answered a lot of questions on what and who the Aes Sedai are and that made the series much more understandable for me.

I loved the audiobooks! Almost everyday I am on the road and the audiobooks allowed for me to look forward to those long drives.

I hope to see you in the White Tower and Warders.