DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower Mini Mafia

BFG

To sum up my thoughts about Ley:

+ Telling Dice to calm down in the thread.

+ Is active. I can see his reasons for saying what he says. 

- Wanted to wait with voting Dice. Took a long time to vote at all. (But he always do that.)

- If he is town he wants to kill me if he gets the gun. That would loose us the game. 

Turin - right now I´m leaning Marsh being mafia but ... don´t trust me on this. Really just trust yourself. I can´t say who I would shoot tomorrow so I guess I´m kind of coward and ask you to make you or someone else responsible. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marsh, didn't you used to wear "suicidal mafia player" as your member title? 

How does that equate to Always careful???

you need to talk when you wake up. 

I've been thru some things and have some posts ready to go but I don't need to convince you. I just have to convince myself. 

I still want to hear from you.

I´m here now. Will read Ley´s and Marsh´s posts again.

(Spelling question: Is it Marsh´s or just Marsh´?)

Definitely Marsh's. 

okay one last time...

reads on the other players in order from most likely mafia to least likely mafia. not too hard as it is only two people to order for each of you. Unless someone wants to confess. it is good for the soul after all. 

please provide some reasons. 

Like I've said before, I think Nin is least likely mafia here because of reasons I've stated before: 

Marsh: #115 he gives thoughts about Nini and Nyn, a few posts after he defends that. Next interesting post from him is #377, where he votes me saying he has good reason to town read everyone else. What happened to your read on Nini? And then in #409 you list me, then Turin, then Nini. In 377, however, you said that you doubted Turin was mafia together with Dice, and nowhere have you explained why you like Nini more now and me less. In general very little content by the way, I want to see more activity. Maybe you are scum with Dice again, but he got heat early and couldn't be saved anymore, so you decided to flip it around and try to keep you out of the fire as much as possible?

What happened to my read on Nini was that Nyn got the gun. Given that she was one of Nini's detractors last phase, it would be a very bold and risky move for scum!Nini to give her the gun. It's not the kind of move I associate with Nini's (generally reserved) play style. It's basically a meta read, but I'm pretty confident on this one. My apologies for not explaining it better; I thought I had made it more clear why my read changed. 

I´m here now. Will read Ley´s and Marsh´s posts again.

(Spelling question: Is it Marsh´s or just Marsh´?)

Or Marshes

Yes, I'm mean :(

That would refer to plural of me, i.e. my brothers who are clones of me. 

Marsh, didn't you used to wear "suicidal mafia player" as your member title? 

How does that equate to Always careful???

you need to talk when you wake up. 

I've been thru some things and have some posts ready to go but I don't need to convince you. I just have to convince myself. 

I still want to hear from you.

I did wear that, quite a while ago. I think I put it up in response to getting lynched four or five times in a row. The thing is, my gameplay is scummy regardless of alignment, and having the appearance of caution is part of that. I use the English language in a way that sounds scripted (even IRL) and that makes me seen like I'm keeping secrets. 

To be fair, it's quite an easy WIFOM to give the gun to someone who thinks you're scummy. I mean, the instant Nyn got the gun she was like "I wouldn't get the gun from someone I thought was mafia, so I'll have a look at those who I thought to be town". Nini may be a careful player, but she is also experienced, and I could very well see her do something like that, also depending on how well she knows Nyn. (I myself don't, so I don't know how likely it would be beforehand that she would react like that)

Of course, you're also using that as argument to clear yourself, as you were Nyn's other top suspect up to that point. I think you're clearing people a bit too easy that way. I honestly do not see how it wouldn't turn into WIFOM within moments, and we're not playing with new players who don't think things through yet.

Niniel: Unsure.

Leyrann: Town.

Dice: 95% sure mafia.

Marsh: Unsure.

Nyn: Leaning town.

DPR: Confirmed town.

Turin: Would be leaning mafia, except I don't think he's on the team with Dice.

I know it's not a whole lot, but I feel like the game has been dominated by Turin, Nyn and the focusing on Dice so far. Would probably be able to say a lot more when D2 starts, considering we have at least one more confirmed alignment then (either DPR hits town and we have this town confirmed, or he hits mafia and we have a dead mafia confirmed plus another town confirmed).

This post doesn´t really make sense if Ley is mafia with Dice. Why would he say that clearly that Turin can´t be mafia with Dice? Then he has sort of cleared him for today, which isn´t good if he is mafia. If he was mafia he would have tried to keep it more open, right? Sure, he seems open to go after me and Marsh. Maybe he thought that would be enough?

Really, the only thing I have against Ley is the maybe defence of Dice but everything else looks good. Will take a look at Marsh. 

Sorry to hear your poorly. Could you give us a few lines about your opinions of everyone in the game? At least before DPR shoots.

Thanks. I think I´m getting better but it´s going so slowly. 

I think DPR is town. :D

I think Dice is mafia. He started with fluff posting, which isn´t weird in the beginning but he hasn´t done much after that either. Nyn showed how he just changed his mind about you and me although nothing had happend in between. Doesn´t seem willing to question people.

Both you and Nyn plays townie. You say what you think, ask questions etc. Also liked your reads. Both of you are the ones most likely to fool me but for now both of you are town.

I´m not as sure about Ley, but he seems to be his usual self. So townie for now.

That leaves Marsh. He started out cautious and then he seemed to get lost in my and Nyn´s posts. Not very scummy but at least mafia by poe. 

That is my thoughts right now. 

What the... I answered your question. What happened to my post?

I think what I said was I'm not sure on Turin or Ley, and Dice being fluffy is worrisome. It's similar to the strategy we used to win last game. He posted just barely enough to get town read, and I tried to subtly direct attention away from him

Ironeyes said this early. Why point out how Dice played as mafia in another game if they were mafia together now?

Thoughts on all the players please.

Nin: I'm not too comfortable with her yet. I'd feel more confident on her if I saw a little less hedging 

Ley: Gun to head town, but I'm not at all solid on that read 

Dice: Looking pretty scummy ATP 

Marsh: Lock town 

Nyn: Probably my top town read behind DPR. However, I reserve the right to change that at a later date because I have a vivid memory of being swept by deepwolf!Nyn in a game a few months ago. 

DPR: Lock town

Turin: Basically inverse of Ley. Gun to head scum, but I have nothing to back it up but a gut feeling. 

Day 1 ends in:

cya_1492290000.png

I'm gonna leave this here so it's easier to find. 

He is more open for going after everyone that isn´t Nyn. 

I´m feeling less sure about Marsh but the post about Dice above feels townie. 

By elimination and combined with Nyn´s and DPR´s thoughts that might lead to Turin?

I really don´t know. 

I could be so wrong about this. But if you shoot Turin and he is town, I trust him to make a good decision next day. 

Vote Turin

I´ll be back later and see if I have changed my mind. Turin was one of the towniest people yesterday so this is a hard decision. And as I said, I really don´t want him and Dice to have an argument (fake or not) if they are on the same team. 

I will be gone during the day but I will be back well before dl. 

Turin - I have you as mafia because of poe bascially. 

I need to take another look but there is not much new info so it will be hard to know what to do.

I see towny confusion here, especially with regard to Turin. Also, she goes from scum reading me to town reading me and back. 

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? As in, take a single line she posts and say "this is X because Y"?

Right now I'm not even entirely sure what you mean, but it feels like you're saying "these posts make Nini town". Which would mean you call me mafia, but I don't understand why Nini would be town because of those posts, nor have you given any reasons why I would not be town.

Turin, my problem is that I find both of them townie. They have minor things that could be considered scummy but nothing that stands out much. You wanted me to say who I will shoot if I get the gun and I really don't want to make that decision. But since I have to pick one I will say Marsh. I will vote for you to kill him but please remember that I don't have trust in my own reads.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? As in, take a single line she posts and say "this is X because Y"?

Right now I'm not even entirely sure what you mean, but it feels like you're saying "these posts make Nini town". Which would mean you call me mafia, but I don't understand why Nini would be town because of those posts, nor have you given any reasons why I would not be town.

Basically what I meant by that was, I started the ISO with the intention of proving my town read of Nin wrong. I failed. She is still solidly town in my mind, and the posts I quoted were those that caught my attention and reinforced the result of my read-through. 

So Marsh wants to shoot Ley.

Ley wants to shoot Niniel.

Niniel is unsure but will most likely shoot Marsh.

This is why I wanted the gun tomorrow. I'm gonna actually sleep on it and most likely finalize in the morning. I think I know what I want to happen.

Good night. Leave any last thoughts if you wish.

Basically what I meant by that was, I started the ISO with the intention of proving my town read of Nin wrong. I failed. She is still solidly town in my mind, and the posts I quoted were those that caught my attention and reinforced the result of my read-through. 

But you're not actually expanding on it. You're not taking a single line and saying "this feels town because of reasons". It's not that hard, and you're an experienced mafia player.

Also, did you even bother ISO'ing me, or have you just decided to pin me as mafia even though I haven't seen reasons for that anywhere?

This is where I think mafia decided that Dice was a goner and he jumped under the bus...

turins pulled this dice is scum early call stuff before iirc. at this point it kinda feels normal to me. 

dunno why he thinks ley on the town side of null

am interested in Ninels would shoot marsh and dice for exactly opposite reasons post cause that makes no sense.

explain ninel?

Dice is online and I think it is evening time for him. I posted this in the Dice ISO as a possible distance attempt. I think it is at least setting the groundwork.

dice, what are your thoughts about me so far?

I'm guessing something that includes baby oil and white lace...

well said.

Still want an answer.  :tongue:

Really like this post.

This is where I think Dice started seriously bricking it. I was already on him. Nyn was starting to look harder and Ley was starting to lean. Niniel had a town read from me and I think everyone else was null at worst on her at that point. I think the decision was made to try to have her slide along and make it to the End.

I may have been wrong about Nyn. She might not be mafia after all. 

Dice still feels dirty. 

Ley and Marsh sliding down for me.

I still think Niniel most likely town here.

I still have Niniel as town in thread. 

I'm thinking Niniel is town based on that beginning. 

I think Nyn is not. I will get back to that in a bit. 

I think Dice is more likely mafia than not. call it a hunch.

Ley is on the towny side of null.

Marsh is nully side of null.

DPR is confirmed town.

I'm town. 

so here is where I am at presently.

DPR

Turin

Niniel

Ley

Marsh

Dice

Nyn

Good to see some reads right away, even if it´s early. I get a townie feeling from you too. 

turins pulled this dice is scum early call stuff before iirc. at this point it kinda feels normal to me. 

dunno why he thinks ley on the town side of null

am interested in Ninels would shoot marsh and dice for exactly opposite reasons post cause that makes no sense.

explain ninel?

Hm, difficult to describe gut feelings. Both of you stood out in different ways. 

I was thinking about who would pick DPR as the first killer but I don´t think we could draw any conclusions from the pick. I guess he could be seen as a big threat to mafia. I think (but don´t know) that Marsh and Ley hasn´t played much with him before. 

I think I played one game with him ever, when I was pretty new to mafia. That said, he had quite the name back then.

Silly ones. Gut feeling. Marsh seem cautious. Dice is the opposite. So no, no real reasons. Do you have any suspects?

It's too early to call Dice for me, would have to watch him somewhat longer, but if he's the "opposite of cautious" that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

Ley, any hunches so far? 

Slight hunches. I don't like your reasoning with Dice I mentioned above, kinda feel like Turin is too fast with putting people in "town" or "mafia", but it's always like that so I probably should ignore it, and kinda like Nyn so far, but I don't know her well.

But I don´t feel that Dice was very active if we are talking about game posts. Mostly fluff. 

That back-and-forth between Nyn and Nin seemed... off. Somehow. I'd be willing to bet that one of those two isn't town. 

Off how? be specific. Do you agree with what she said or not? Because the statement above is vague and empty.

Ftr, I don't really agree with her musings, but at the same time I wanted to encourage her to keep giving her thoughts because I'm not sure if it's just us not seeing eye to eye or if she's spewing crap. Hope that cleared it up for you.

I reread the conversation, and it seems that Nin created her own momentum. She throws out me and Ley as YOLO picks for who might choose DPR as gun holder, based on the vague reason that she thinks neither of us has played much with him before. But in the same post she discredits her own reasoning by saying we can't draw any conclusions based on DPR being gun bearer. Seems like a whole lot of WIFOM to me, not to mention tenuous reasoning. 

Then a few posts later you tie me and Ley together in another tenuous way, by saying we both mentioned your double post. Between the two posts, I just get a vague feeling that one or both of you is trying to create the narrative that we're teammates. 

Also Nin's weird reasoning about how me and Dice are suspicious because I'm cautious and he's not. That just didn't make any sense, especially coming from a player who's been in games with both of us before and should have an idea as to our respective personalities. Dice is aggro as heck, and I get nearly lynched just about every game for being too careful or 'scripted'

Lol, I took an interest in your double post because you seemed put out that nobody had responded to you in a while. Was trying to be nice. 

Oh Marsha... lol

Is that autocorrect or have you made an executive decision that I'm female now? 

No, it was the opposite. If I would have continued with that thought, I would have said that it would be more likely that someone that has played more with him would want to give him the gun. But one of you could be in a team with someone that knows him better so, as you say, wifom. I was just posting some thoughts. 

My memory is really bad and there are very few people that I can read based on old games nowdays. 

Niniel posts my town read post and claims that she thinks I'm probably town. Maybe disagrees with fact I'm making early reads. 

DPR, I think if you shoot into the pool of Dice, Iron, and Ley you stand a good chance of taking a mafia with you. 

Or do your own thing. it is your choice ultimately. 

If it was Nyn then I'll have egg on my face for backing away. 

It is nearly family time so I won't be about too much longer today. 

Ima do it a little different and score some info for the town.

Our most excellent Mod has agreed to let me setup a vote system, so we can use that form of info to draw conclusions from:

Please post Vote DPR in bold and black ( I'm parsh colorblind, so red won't work for me). Unvote if you want to change.

I'll keep vote counts same as usual. 

Nyn will probably get impatient and post them as well.  

Let the voting begin.

DPR offers up the psuedo vote...

For now I will 

Vote Dice

But remember that you can choose whoever you want, DPR. The votes can be valuable to look at later but if you think that you have found mafia then go for it. 

Niniel's next post is to vote Dice. Early on the train is best if you are deciding to bus. The bold troubled me then and it still troubles me now. It is saying that she wants credit for voting for mafia Dice but is fine if DPR decides to shoot someone else. 

I think that this points pretty clearly to Niniel as Dice's most likely teammate. 

I think that Ley is the towniest of you three. Part of that is sheeping Nyn on her take. Sorry Ley but some of my agression towards you was to try to get you to dig into the game to help me out. 

Marsh I still have no clue. He is a total blank and wish he was removed from consideration. That is mostly why I wanted the gun tomorrow. The good news is that I think that town can win if both Niniel and Marsh agree NOT to shoot Ley tomorrow. 

If I'm wrong then my hat is off to you Leyrann.

Morning BFG!

also very disappointed no one commented on my video :sad:

What video do you mean?

(also, I suppose there isn't a whole lot for to comment on regarding the game... you're considering me the most town, and I've done reads on other people, so anything I should do is already done)

Niniel, You said that you don't want to have to make the decision. It is okay. If you turn out to be town after all then shoot Marsh. If he was town then it is my fault. 

I will give everyone a little time to respond before I send in my shot. 

I´m okay with this. I think Ley had some good points about Marsh´s posts yesterday.