DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower Mini Mafia

BFG

Silly ones. Gut feeling. Marsh seem cautious. Dice is the opposite. So no, no real reasons. Do you have any suspects?

It's too early to call Dice for me, would have to watch him somewhat longer, but if he's the "opposite of cautious" that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

Ley, any hunches so far? 

Slight hunches. I don't like your reasoning with Dice I mentioned above, kinda feel like Turin is too fast with putting people in "town" or "mafia", but it's always like that so I probably should ignore it, and kinda like Nyn so far, but I don't know her well.

Ley, in what way would you describe Dice as "aggressive" so far this game? The bulk of his posts have been quite fluffy

I think this has been a big point of interest to quite a bit of players in the game, irt saying that Ley was defending dice. I think it's pretty clear that Ley was null on dice but had an issue with Nin's reason for suss dice, irt his town meta. He never said that he thought dice was being aggressive in this game. He was paraphrasing what Nin was referring to.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niniel: Unsure.

Leyrann: Town.

Dice: 95% sure mafia.

Marsh: Unsure.

Nyn: Leaning town.

DPR: Confirmed town.

Turin: Would be leaning mafia, except I don't think he's on the team with Dice.

I know it's not a whole lot, but I feel like the game has been dominated by Turin, Nyn and the focusing on Dice so far. Would probably be able to say a lot more when D2 starts, considering we have at least one more confirmed alignment then (either DPR hits town and we have this town confirmed, or he hits mafia and we have a dead mafia confirmed plus another town confirmed).

Looking forward to you having a lot more to say, then :P

Marsh. Can you elaborate?

Where is Niniel hedging?

What is making you town read Nyn?

Why is Dice "scummy" to you?

Do you think Dice and I could be mafia together?

This never got answered btw from what I saw... 

You're right. I forgot to go back to that. Honestly ATP I don't recall what my answers would have been if I had. That EOD changed a lot by proving two of my suspicions (Dice and Nyn) correct. I think I thought Nin was hedging because she changed her read on Dice so quickly. And I talked about my feelings on Dice and Turin being a team last page--I doubt it, even though I find Turin somewhat scummy when considered alone. 

Right now if I had the gun the order I would shoot is 

Ley

Turin

Niniel

Ley was mostly because of how Dice inquired about my read on Ley. As I said, it felt like Dice trying to get me to put out a reason to clear Ley. The similar thing Ley did rung wrong. I am wondering if it was just a Ley quirk.

Marsh has been lurky the entire game. No solve. His reads have been largely unjustified. I don't think I have a good reason to think he could be town.

Niniel has been quiet. Seemingly just doing enough to avoid suspicion. Her take on voting me over the other two feels wrong to me. It is just a bad feeling that won't go away.

You seriously just throwing shade at every remaining player? That's not scummy at aaaaaaall. It's making me reconsider my read on you. 

I will be gone during the day but I will be back well before dl. 

Turin - I have you as mafia because of poe bascially. 

I need to take another look but there is not much new info so it will be hard to know what to do.

I'm really not sure how anyone has me other as town other than tinfoil.

Niniel says it is due to PoE but also says I have been one of the towniest players which seems a contradiction.

Ley and Marsh are trying to say I'm "scummy" in a vacuum but I'm not likely on a team with Dice.

I would like some justification for those reads. Prompt and detailed.

your future will possibly depend on it...

I will be gone during the day but I will be back well before dl.

Turin - I have you as mafia because of poe bascially.

I need to take another look but there is not much new info so it will be hard to know what to do.

I don't like this post at all. The last line (and some others) leads me to believe you don't really think I am mafia at all. As far as lack of information, don't sit on your hands if you need more. Ask questions. Poke people. Dig for the information. Only mafia can afford to be passive here.

How did I go from "one of the towniest" people yesterday to the bottom today? What leads you to believe Ley and Marsh can't (or are less likely) to be mafia?

Silly ones. Gut feeling. Marsh seem cautious. Dice is the opposite. So no, no real reasons. Do you have any suspects?

It's too early to call Dice for me, would have to watch him somewhat longer, but if he's the "opposite of cautious" that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

Ley, any hunches so far? 

Slight hunches. I don't like your reasoning with Dice I mentioned above, kinda feel like Turin is too fast with putting people in "town" or "mafia", but it's always like that so I probably should ignore it, and kinda like Nyn so far, but I don't know her well.

Ley, in what way would you describe Dice as "aggressive" so far this game? The bulk of his posts have been quite fluffy

I think this has been a big point of interest to quite a bit of players in the game, irt saying that Ley was defending dice. I think it's pretty clear that Ley was null on dice but had an issue with Nin's reason for suss dice, irt his town meta. He never said that he thought dice was being aggressive in this game. He was paraphrasing what Nin was referring to.

Thank you for actually reading my post.

Gonna do some ISO'ing now, reads are coming up.

Marsh: #115 he gives thoughts about Nini and Nyn, a few posts after he defends that. Next interesting post from him is #377, where he votes me saying he has good reason to town read everyone else. What happened to your read on Nini? And then in #409 you list me, then Turin, then Nini. In 377, however, you said that you doubted Turin was mafia together with Dice, and nowhere have you explained why you like Nini more now and me less. In general very little content by the way, I want to see more activity. Maybe you are scum with Dice again, but he got heat early and couldn't be saved anymore, so you decided to flip it around and try to keep you out of the fire as much as possible?

Niniel: Still dislike how she considered an "opposite of cautious" Dice scummy. Feels kinda like the idea might've been that she'd scum read Dice (in #318 she actually says she considers herself bad at reading Dice), but then messed up (because she's bad at reading him) and said this, while that, for other people, points to Dice being town. In #129 she actually disagrees with herself, now saying she doesn't consider him active or agressive. As far as I'm aware, active and agressive is the opposite of cautious. In #138 she votes Dice but reminds DPR that he can shoot who he wants - kinda feels like she doesn't really want Dice to get shot. In the end she votes Turin while still kind of saying she thinks he's town. Feels to me like she accidentally read too many people as town and had no one left to paint mafia. Also, Nini keeps coming back to my early comment about Dice (I think she mentioned it some four or five times after we had already stopped discussing the point), while I feel like I have explained quite clearly that I wasn't questioning her read on Dice (I explicitly said I had no idea about him at that point), but her means of getting to that read.

Turin: Noticed he actually made two seperate comments in his first five or so posts "joking" that Dice should be shot. #128 isn't a bad post in itself, but there's no reasoning in Turin's posts before or after to make him come to those (changes in) reads. Marsh, he says, is sliding down and is, two posts later, in the pool of people who would be good hits. However, he hasn't mentioned Marsh anywhere at this point except for his reads, where he mentioned everyone. I feel like, if Marsh is one of the top three suspects, then Turin should've disliked at least something he did. And Turin isn't one to not mention things he dislikes. And, I already mentioned this before, I really, really don't like that he just doens't believe Dice saying he hadn't realized the game had started. Just, get off of people's real life things. Insinuating people lie about that kind of things is not in the spirit of the game (nor is lying about it, for that matter). Lying and calling people liars should remain confined to gameplay. I guess this isn't as much thinking Turin is mafia as well as very heavily disagreeing with his methods though... Anyways just wanted to get that out of the way.  #334 he again mentions he's allright with Marsh getting shot. In between (I took quite a leap because few things to reply to) he barely mentioned Marsh, only saying once that he wnated him to be more active. Considering how Dice looked by now (this was still D1) I don't see how "shoot the inactive" holds up to that in any way, and yet Turin would be allright with a shot on Marsh. Just after he actually lists me above Dice in likelyhood to be mafia. Even ignoring that Turin, despite saying I was linked with Dice earlier, has not voted me today. In fact, in #404 (the post, not the error), he says that I'm looking more town because of Dice. Also, Turin too seems to have as only reason for disliking me the comment I made on reading Dice. Which I was right about, I woud like to mention. Dice barely contributed this game and disappeared about a day before the end. What - kind of - redeems Turin for me is that he and Dice had that argument, and even that wasn't as big as it was in my memory. It only lasted some 5-10 posts from both sides, not the 20+ that it had become in my memory.

Nyn: Very happy I don't need to ISO her because she made so many posts. Thanks mafia.

At the moment... Well everyone's looking scummier after a closer look, I have to be honest. I think I like Nini the least, so I'm going to Vote: Nini.

Turin, for my progression on Dice: He had a good start for one of his mafia games, being more active than I'd expect, though not contributing as much as town Dice would, so he started out null. Once you started pressuring him however, it didn't take long before all he was doing was defending or not even that, which is typical mafia Dice.

Current Votes:

dice ( 4 ) - Niniel, Turin, Nyn, Iron

Reads in order of scummiest down to townies:

dice: In addition to garnering a majority of votes ( and being the only player voted for at all... ) he does seem to be playing into his scum meta by avoiding the conversation. In my mind, post #232 was damning. Conversation had turned toward gameplay at this point and he knows better than to continue clowning. On re-read, I also did find his post #101 to be interesting for the purposes of possible distancing.

Turin: Pushed dice from his first post and never let up. In 2 different posts he asks if the person thinks he and dice could be mafia together ( post #329 and an earlier entry). I have him down for 4 bad posts - #95 (see what you think) , #128 (slightly changes reads to go with the flow of the game) and #187 & #313 (they are related in that post #187 discusses a somewhat detailed read on dice in the previous Fight Club game, but in post #313 Turin says he doesn't remember it that well... this is the closest thing to a lie I've seen in the game so far).

Iron (Marsh): Bad posts for #115, #116 & #123. Nyn catches him and scolds him good for it. His response is meh. The rest of the game he plays measured and carefully.

Leyrann: My earlier points were genuine, but were admittedly bait to see who jumped on them (or avoided the thread over them). 

Niniel: Has a soft play style. Reminds me a bit of Wifi. Could be a sleeper, but could just be sleepy. No real standout posts for me.

Nyn: Solid play so far. Asking the right questions and paying attention to the answers.  

Shoot dice.

This is pretty much my order of PoE as it stands, from scummy to less scummy... cause you're all freaking scummy :P   In case you wanted my closing order of reads.

I will do my best to do a quick last minute read later to see if it sways me in a different way or not. But right now I'm going out to do some errands. If there's anything else you think I should consider, speak up..... and i hope you all diaf cause none of you summed up the votes :P

Marsh, voicing questions in a game where no one is confirmed until they get handed the gun isn't "throwing shade". You use a bunch of buzzwords with not much to back them up.

Show me WHY you think I am mafia.

I don't actually think you're scum yet, but I thought that your flip from Ley being your top scum read to sussing me and Nin at the same time was a scummy move. Doesn't necessarily mean you're scum, since we all make scummy moves on occasion. I just wanted to call you out on it. I would still prefer Ley to be the shot today.