DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower Mini Mafia

BFG

I´ll be back later and see if I have changed my mind. Turin was one of the towniest people yesterday so this is a hard decision. And as I said, I really don´t want him and Dice to have an argument (fake or not) if they are on the same team. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a quick ISO of Dice. It was sooooo easy with how short this game is. I love it :biggrin: 

Anyway, it looks like he and Turin started their argument pretty much immediately, and that led to Dice losing his cool. In a larger game, I'd suspect a gambit, but there are only two scum. I'm willing to bet they weren't teammates. 

Going based on that, I'd expect Dice's behavior toward his teammate to be more along the lines of not interacting more than the bare minimum. That's how he treated me last game when we were teammates. And that fits right into this post, which is the only time he ever mentions Ley. 

marsh and ley i wanna see more  especially ley  i struggle with ley

Between this and the fact that I've got good reason to town read everyone else, I'll vote Ley 

ftr, tomorrow is my last day off. After that I'm going to be really busy so.... Tuesday it will be more of a day for the rest of you to do the talky thing. I'll get online after work... evaluate and make the call.

Good thing the game ends if you shoot right, then, eh? Or if you shoot wrong then you're dead and that works too. 

I could be so wrong about this. But if you shoot Turin and he is town, I trust him to make a good decision next day.

Vote Turin

This is exactly my point. Its a win win situation. At best I hit a deep wolf... and if not? I rather Turin have the gun because he's been more proactive than most.

Did a quick ISO of Dice. It was sooooo easy with how short this game is. I love it :biggrin:

Anyway, it looks like he and Turin started their argument pretty much immediately, and that led to Dice losing his cool. In a larger game, I'd suspect a gambit, but there are only two scum. I'm willing to bet they weren't teammates.

Going based on that, I'd expect Dice's behavior toward his teammate to be more along the lines of not interacting more than the bare minimum. That's how he treated me last game when we were teammates. And that fits right into this post, which is the only time he ever mentions Ley.

marsh and ley i wanna see more especially ley i struggle with ley

Between this and the fact that I've got good reason to town read everyone else, I'll vote Ley

The only problem is that your rationale applies to you too lol seeing as dice gave you and ley an equal amount of attention... which is to say almost none at all lol

I am going to look into the posts DPR pointed at irt Turin once I get a chance. But ftr I still don't get that read switch dice did and what it means.

ftr, tomorrow is my last day off. After that I'm going to be really busy so.... Tuesday it will be more of a day for the rest of you to do the talky thing. I'll get online after work... evaluate and make the call.

Good thing the game ends if you shoot right, then, eh? Or if you shoot wrong then you're dead and that works too.

:-p

The only problem is that your rationale applies to you too lol seeing as dice gave you and ley an equal amount of attention... which is to say almost none at all lol

I am going to look into the posts DPR pointed at irt Turin once I get a chance. But ftr I still don't get that read switch dice did and what it means.

That is correct. But I have inside information that leads me to believe I'm town... I read my role PM   :P 

I've been preoccupied and would need to get my computer to properly Show much. Things off the top of my head that I need to verify.

Ley: asked Niniel that if dice was aggressive should that not be a town tell. Also, Dice asked me why I had Ley on the town side of null. Both of these feel like mafia trying to get townies to put forward reasons for town reading their teammates. Reasons they can then sheep and then drop blame on the townie putting it out. Basically setting up false links.

Marsh: just very lurky. I still don't know why he has done anything this game. I haven't been paying as much attention as I was kinda blinded that they could be teammates again. Bad reason. Step it up Marsh.

Niniel: seems to be trying to get credit for being the first "Vote" on Dice despite essentially following my reasoning. There was a line in her actual vote that said something like "this is my vote but do what you think best".

I think Ley is my first choice as Mafia. I need to check Dice for connections. Gonna be later tho.

Turin, please, get your facts straight. I didn't attempt to get a town read on Dice, I attempted to get a good read on Dice. It's right there, the original post that you keep coming back to: It's too early to call Dice for me is what I start with. Then I follow it up with if he's "the opposite of cautious", that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

I was very clear in this post already (not just later on as you seem to be willing to believe) that I did not believe to be able to read Dice at this point, nor did I at any point insinuate that someone else should. All I said that if he is the opposite of cautious, [then] that typically points to being town. (added the "then" for additional clarity on the meaning of the sentence, though it's not like it can mean something else otherwise) I then follow up with what is, as far as I am aware, basically what everyone does when reading Dice. Ever since I started doing it, I haven't misread him, at least.

Quoted for your convenience:

Silly ones. Gut feeling. Marsh seem cautious. Dice is the opposite. So no, no real reasons. Do you have any suspects?

It's too early to call Dice for me, would have to watch him somewhat longer, but if he's the "opposite of cautious" that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

That is correct. But I have inside information that leads me to believe I'm town... I read my role PM   :P 

Silly ones. Gut feeling. Marsh seem cautious. Dice is the opposite. So no, no real reasons. Do you have any suspects?

It's too early to call Dice for me, would have to watch him somewhat longer, but if he's the "opposite of cautious" that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

Okay.

I don't know what happened, but instead of the reply to Marsh' post that I typed I seem to have gotten the quote a second time... Honestly no idea how that happened. Guess telling Marsh that "my role PM says" is not a good argument isn't that important so I'm not gonna bother retyping that. Though I guess I just did...

Okay.

I don't know what happened, but instead of the reply to Marsh' post that I typed I seem to have gotten the quote a second time... Honestly no idea how that happened. Guess telling Marsh that "my role PM says" is not a good argument isn't that important so I'm not gonna bother retyping that. Though I guess I just did...

Of course it's not an argument. My argument for myself being town is a page or so ago when I replied to Nyn's speculation as to who would have given her the gun. The role pm thing was just to clarify where my reads are coming from.

My point is, marsh... that if your argument is that ley is likely scum cause you think dice tends to ignore his scummates... the player he talked about least is you lol I just think it's a funny reason all things considered. Feels more derp than anything though.

I´ll be back later and see if I have changed my mind. Turin was one of the towniest people yesterday so this is a hard decision. And as I said, I really don´t want him and Dice to have an argument (fake or not) if they are on the same team.

she voted me in the immediate previous post. the argument was that if town then she trusts me. There isn't really a reason I can see for WHY I would be mafia.

Current Votes:

dice ( 4 ) - Niniel, Turin, Nyn, Iron

Reads in order of scummiest down to townies:

dice: In addition to garnering a majority of votes ( and being the only player voted for at all... ) he does seem to be playing into his scum meta by avoiding the conversation. In my mind, post #232 was damning. Conversation had turned toward gameplay at this point and he knows better than to continue clowning. On re-read, I also did find his post #101 to be interesting for the purposes of possible distancing.

Turin: 1.)Pushed dice from his first post and never let up. 2.) In 2 different posts he asks if the person thinks he and dice could be mafia together ( post #329 and an earlier entry). 3.) I have him down for 4 bad posts - #95 (see what you think) , #128 (slightly changes reads to go with the flow of the game) and #187 & #313 (they are related in that post #187 discusses a somewhat detailed read on dice in the previous Fight Club game, but in post #313 Turin says he doesn't remember it that well... this is the closest thing to a lie I've seen in the game so far).

Shoot dice.

1.) I pushed Dice from my first post and didn't let up. This is a positive to me. I saw something weird (Dice avoided the thread at game start) and pressed him on it. He basically was frozen and never engaged the thread.

2.) I asked two people if it made sense that I was on a team with Dice based primarily on the above. If you think in THIS game that would be a good strategy and one I would employ then take the shot and I will go on from there.

3.) The first two I am not sure what he is about as I don't get post numbers on mobile. The part about the Dice read from fight club game I will explain.

For me, and I believe most people, there is a different level of depth that you read a game you are playing as opposed to one you are following. I wasn't reading the game in depth as if I was playing but just to see what was happening. I had stopped for a time as the title/links weren't updated. I looked near the end and saw one post from Dice that made alarms go off in my head. He said something like he was gonna vote 2 people that he wasn't necessarily convinced were likely mafia. This was at mylo/lylo. No townie makes that post IMO. So yeah, I didn't have a handle on his entire game but I saw something really bad.

FYI it's prolly bed time for me in 2 hours or so and i won't be around tomorrow till after i get off work.... and even then I'm not sure in what state I'll be. I expect all of you to have placed a vote by then and a read list with some detail, if you haven't already. Thanks.

Ley was mostly because of how Dice inquired about my read on Ley. As I said, it felt like Dice trying to get me to put out a reason to clear Ley. The similar thing Ley did rung wrong. I am wondering if it was just a Ley quirk.

Marsh has been lurky the entire game. No solve. His reads have been largely unjustified. I don't think I have a good reason to think he could be town.

Niniel has been quiet. Seemingly just doing enough to avoid suspicion. Her take on voting me over the other two feels wrong to me. It is just a bad feeling that won't go away.