DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower Mini Mafia

BFG

I'm going to add that this is not a normal game where player's have to convince one another, so pushing a particular case is less valuable than stating where you stand on each player.

I'm finding that the most helpful posts are the lists detailing what you think about every player - these should be revealing in a couple of days from now.

And vote. Go ahead, even if yer shy, and put yourself on record. For the town.

QFT

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPR when you say you feel he's being artificial towards dice, do you mean their exchange seems off to you or just what Ley is saying?

Other players have noted/voted dice. They made their point and that was that.

Ley is tunneling, at times for non-game related stuff and then offering emo counseling, even though nothing emo has happened. Artificial.

I mean I want to kind of mock you but at the same time I could be terribly wrong and that's a humble pie I don't currently want to eat...

So I'll just sit here. And glare.

:look

I think it's appropriate to commemorate this moment. We have discovered something that has, at least for a moment, deterred Nyn from "mocking" me.

This calls for a celebration.

Like you need a reason to have a drink.

I said a celebration...

DPR when you say you feel he's being artificial towards dice, do you mean their exchange seems off to you or just what Ley is saying?

Ley is tunneling, at times for non-game related stuff and then offering emo counseling, even though nothing emo has happened. Artificial.

What you say is emo counselling hasn't got anything to do with his alignment. It has to do with his own mafia history to do.

What you say is emo counselling hasn't got anything to do with his alignment. It has to do with his own mafia history to do.

OK, but what relevance does it have to this game and our 2 mafia? 

(snipped for readability)

I've bolded and blacked the lines that gave me pause, but in a nutshell, my sense is that Ley is artificial toward dice.

1. 224: He won't cast a vote because he is not ready to commit to anyone yet. This is interesting to me because I specifically stated that my unofficial vote was intended to give the town information. Thus, there is no reason a townie wouldn't want to opine - especially since it's D1 and votes can change anytime. Ley wraps it up with "he's uncertain" as a reason to hold back a vote. 

The other thing that struck me was the contrast in is his reluctance to cast a vote vs. his earlier comment that I should be posting more of my opinions.

To me, that's pressuring the gun bearer followed by withholding info from the town. No bueno.

2. 225: Jokey banter that tempers his otherwise aggressive stance and pushing. Plus, Nyn. I mean really.

3. Back to aggressive pushing, and over a non-game related remark. I see this post as needless tunneling, especially because Ley isn't commenting on anyone else's play.

4. Passive-aggressive needling. Pushing a case based on non-game meta and details while trying to seem reasonable and still won't vote

Ley is currently my top shot.

1. At that time, I felt like a vote on Turin wouldn't do right for my stance on Dice, and a vote on Dice wouldn't do right for my stance on Turin. By now, yeah, I'd say Dice is winning out on getting my vote, so Dice.

2. Sorry for having fun. Also, I don't know Nyn well. Still getting used to her.

3. Yes, it's a non-game-related remark. Which is exactly my problem. There's a lot of game related stuff that he really should reply to because he's under pressure, and he all ignores it to only make a non-game-related comment.

4. I'm just giving Dice tips on staying calm while playing mafia, which come from own experience. As Nini also mentioned, by the way.

I'm gonna totally kick myself if I'm wrong here....but I'm gonna give my two cents cause otherwise what are we even doing here?

I'm not really seeing what you're seeing. I dunno. The no voting thing is totally dumb but I dont know him enough to know if that's telling. With that said, some players sometimes have weird antics that are antitown in essence but it's like a "principle" thing. See Nolder :-p does anyone know if this is "normal" for Ley?

It just feels to me like it would be easier to just vote. Refusing to vote would just make him stand out. Seems like a not so bright move from a scum pov.

And you sensing that he's tunning dice... not sure i see it. Plus what would be the point? He's been the center of attention anyhow. And I personally didn't mind his comments towards him from what I recall. But it's a subjective thing i guess.

I dunno.

Do what you think is best obviously but I feel weird that we have such a polarised opinion :-/

It is generally standard for Ley to not make a "real" vote early. He will usually joke vote then make a point of removing it once the game becomes serious. I can see that he might be clinging to his ways as I believe that to be his personality. My problem about the lack of voting was in part because I kind of explained the difference in this setup. I would.have less difficulty about it if he elected to vote (even me) and then change as he thought justified. I may be asking too much in this case tho.

It is generally standard for Ley to not make a "real" vote early. He will usually joke vote then make a point of removing it once the game becomes serious. I can see that he might be clinging to his ways as I believe that to be his personality. My problem about the lack of voting was in part because I kind of explained the difference in this setup. I would.have less difficulty about it if he elected to vote (even me) and then change as he thought justified. I may be asking too much in this case tho.

I had the impression you were returning to mafia after an absence. Is this the case?

DPR. If you wouldn't mind, could you state your opinion about what you think a mafia/town flip of your target means for the rest of the players.

Mafia flip would be good. Town flip would be bad.

I had the impression you were returning to mafia after an absence. Is this the case?

Yes. I generally don't have time to play. With this one being here in BT and small I figured I would give it a go.

I do try to read the games. Like I did see and note what I thought was a mafia claim by dice in the fight club game.

Still getting used to me? Wtf does that mean???

It means you're a new person that I don't know yet, and I'm not yet used to the way you think about things and everything.

I don't wheter Turin was active at the main mafia board or not, but if he is BT games only, then he comes back from an absence (just like me, by the way) as there haven't been games around here for a while.