DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower Mini Mafia

BFG

What the... I answered your question. What happened to my post?

I think what I said was I'm not sure on Turin or Ley, and Dice being fluffy is worrisome. It's similar to the strategy we used to win last game. He posted just barely enough to get town read, and I tried to subtly direct attention away from him

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That back-and-forth between Nyn and Nin seemed... off. Somehow. I'd be willing to bet that one of those two isn't town. 

Off how? be specific. Do you agree with what she said or not? Because the statement above is vague and empty.

Ftr, I don't really agree with her musings, but at the same time I wanted to encourage her to keep giving her thoughts because I'm not sure if it's just us not seeing eye to eye or if she's spewing crap. Hope that cleared it up for you.

I reread the conversation, and it seems that Nin created her own momentum. She throws out me and Ley as YOLO picks for who might choose DPR as gun holder, based on the vague reason that she thinks neither of us has played much with him before. But in the same post she discredits her own reasoning by saying we can't draw any conclusions based on DPR being gun bearer. Seems like a whole lot of WIFOM to me, not to mention tenuous reasoning. 

Then a few posts later you tie me and Ley together in another tenuous way, by saying we both mentioned your double post. Between the two posts, I just get a vague feeling that one or both of you is trying to create the narrative that we're teammates. 

Also Nin's weird reasoning about how me and Dice are suspicious because I'm cautious and he's not. That just didn't make any sense, especially coming from a player who's been in games with both of us before and should have an idea as to our respective personalities. Dice is aggro as heck, and I get nearly lynched just about every game for being too careful or 'scripted'

Who are the ones in the bolded "both"? Nyn and Nini? It's not really clear to me... Actually thought at first you meant me, but I don't see how that would work...

I may have been wrong about Nyn. She might not be mafia after all. 

Dice still feels dirty. 

Ley and Marsh sliding down for me.

I still think Niniel most likely town here.

Making reads - good.

Not giving arguments for them - very bad.

I was thinking about who would pick DPR as the first killer but I don´t think we could draw any conclusions from the pick. I guess he could be seen as a big threat to mafia. I think (but don´t know) that Marsh and Ley hasn´t played much with him before. 

I think I played one game with him ever, when I was pretty new to mafia. That said, he had quite the name back then.

Silly ones. Gut feeling. Marsh seem cautious. Dice is the opposite. So no, no real reasons. Do you have any suspects?

It's too early to call Dice for me, would have to watch him somewhat longer, but if he's the "opposite of cautious" that typically points to him being town. Town Dice is much more active and agressive than mafia Dice.

Ley, any hunches so far? 

Slight hunches. I don't like your reasoning with Dice I mentioned above, kinda feel like Turin is too fast with putting people in "town" or "mafia", but it's always like that so I probably should ignore it, and kinda like Nyn so far, but I don't know her well.

But I don´t feel that Dice was very active if we are talking about game posts. Mostly fluff. 

Maybe it's just me, but I read your post as "Dice is engaging which feels scummy" while to me, an engaging Dice is a town Dice. I agree that he's not really contributed anything yet, and I don't like it. I do want to give him one more RL day though.

I think what I said was I'm not sure on Turin or Ley, and Dice being fluffy is worrisome. It's similar to the strategy we used to win last game. He posted just barely enough to get town read, and I tried to subtly direct attention away from him

I don't like how you don't remember your reads.

Not gonna put any kind of vote down right now, though I think the bottom of my list is Turin, Dice and Marsh, progressively less scummy. Very much not sure about any of them, though. We got about two RL days left anyways, so I don't see a reason to rush a decision.

Found the original text. 

"Other players... let's see... Turin and Leyrann seem all right to me, but I don't have a good handle on their typical play, so I can't really be sure. Dice is fluffy, which will become a scum tell for me if he keeps it up. It's basically how we won our last game. Dice contributed just barely enough to get town read, and I tried to subtly encourage people to ignore him."

That back-and-forth between Nyn and Nin seemed... off. Somehow. I'd be willing to bet that one of those two isn't town. 

Off how? be specific. Do you agree with what she said or not? Because the statement above is vague and empty.

Ftr, I don't really agree with her musings, but at the same time I wanted to encourage her to keep giving her thoughts because I'm not sure if it's just us not seeing eye to eye or if she's spewing crap. Hope that cleared it up for you.

I reread the conversation, and it seems that Nin created her own momentum. She throws out me and Ley as YOLO picks for who might choose DPR as gun holder, based on the vague reason that she thinks neither of us has played much with him before. But in the same post she discredits her own reasoning by saying we can't draw any conclusions based on DPR being gun bearer. Seems like a whole lot of WIFOM to me, not to mention tenuous reasoning. 

Then a few posts later you tie me and Ley together in another tenuous way, by saying we both mentioned your double post. Between the two posts, I just get a vague feeling that one or both of you is trying to create the narrative that we're teammates. 

Also Nin's weird reasoning about how me and Dice are suspicious because I'm cautious and he's not. That just didn't make any sense, especially coming from a player who's been in games with both of us before and should have an idea as to our respective personalities. Dice is aggro as heck, and I get nearly lynched just about every game for being too careful or 'scripted'

Who are the ones in the bolded "both"? Nyn and Nini? It's not really clear to me... Actually thought at first you meant me, but I don't see how that would work...

I don't like how you don't remember your reads.

Yeah, "both" there refers to Nyn and Nin. 

It's not the reads I didn't remember, it was the way I articulated them. Which I then recovered from my laptop. 

I'm flipping through Marsh's posts in the game he linked.... he seems more..... floopy? He's more serious here. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?!?!?!

Usually depends on my stress level from RL. Last game happened during a lull between midterms, so I was in a generally better mood. This game, well... I just walked out of a Calc midterm where I ran out of time and didn't even attempt three of the eight questions. 

Maybe he just hit puberty, lunno.

Lol I hit puberty seven or eight years ago

Well you get points for saying it means nothing. lol

Though I've also noticed you were a lot more agreeable in that game. You feel more defiant here. And man... you posted A LOT. And I will hate you forever and ever and ever.

and ever and ever and ever

To quote Zander: "LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!" :biggrin:

theres what i was missing. i dont mind happy playful nyn. but THIS is where i start to see Town nyn . i associate questions with a bit of snark tone to town nyn.

we shouldnt shoot her today

Really like this post.

Yes I like it too. Unfortunately sleeping beauty prolly won't be around to answer it for a while seeing as she lives in the future.

Also I just realized your text is green. Spiffy.

im a HE as you well know TYVM!

right so Turin thinks im dirty but doesnt say why.

ninel votes me cause im  what? playful? lighthearted? wtf tis that? especially as a) i start games playing around often and b) noone other then turin was really in gameplay mode. So why am i expected to be?

thing is its that slightly head-cocking thinking i associate with Town Tina. and ive been pretty accurate with that. so im leaning town here even tho shes wrong.

turins pulled this dice is scum early call stuff before iirc. at this point it kinda feels normal to me. 

dunno why he thinks ley on the town side of null

am interested in Ninels would shoot marsh and dice for exactly opposite reasons post cause that makes no sense.

explain ninel?

dice do you remember this post?  Cause it says the opposite of what you just said irt Turin and Niniel  :rolleyes: