DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
ReleaseTheEvil

Ren April Discussion - CAKE!

I LOVE to bake. Which is pretty tragic as my oven has been broken for the better part of A YEAR NOW. I wasn't able to bake pies for turkey day, cookies, for X-mas, not one loaf of bread. I. am. DY_ING. 

I think my favorite cake to bake is a southern style red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and candied pecans.

626-91_red_velvet_cake_300.jpg?itok=K9Tw

My favorite to eat is a buttery yellow cake with dark fudge frosting. 

yellow-cake-2.jpg

Edited by Millon

Why do people make cakes that are too beautiful to possibly be eaten?

To add to the guilt of eating something so bad for you.  Also to make sure that what they made is really good because if it looks that good and is that bad for you but it's so good tasting you can't stop eating, they have succeeded.

I was just explaining to Kaylee about fruity pebbles ice cream sammiches rolled in fresh fruity pebbles. Not cake, but I made it once and it's amazing.

Dammit, I wanna bake now.

I THINK Heart has had some of my confections before. I know I took part in at least one cookie exchange in the past. My memory is a sieve though and I can't accurately recall who I sent cookies to. I know Cindy has and I had some of her drink-in-ALL-the-surrounding-light super fudgy awesome brownies. 

I dont know if I would trust cookies sent by ed...

I had a carrot cake for easter. So so good. Now I am feeling like a total fatty because I ate almost all the leftover cake. The kids had some but it just kept sitting in the fridge taunting me. I had to eat it. Thank god it gone now because I need to put my self on a after a holiday diet. Sometimes I buy snacks and sweets I dont like very much. So the kids have them but I wont be midnight snacking.

What os your personal best kind that you can bake?

I am more of a cook than a baker. Cooking is more of a feel as you go art and baking while an art is also more of a science. I haven't had enough practise. I can do a few types of desert breads and muffins. My cakes are usually not great.

Chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Super soft and yummy and go great with vanilla ice cream when they're fresh out of the oven and warm.

I love to cook and bake. Agreed that baking is more of a science.

I'll have one of the novices test it first.

*Just looks so sadly at Mills*

I'll make you a deal Ed. You make cookies, and I'll make pies, and we'll bring a whole mess of them to everyone. But first we'll test the first...I dunno, two, three--no, four dozen batches. For science. And poison. Just to make sure.

So has anyone heard this song that comes on the radio lately called cake by the ocean? I dont really care for pop music (more of a def leppard, guns n roses, metalica girl) but the lyrics are amusing. At the end of the song the guy is whispering types of cake. Lolol

So I went to look up the lyrics and apparently its a joke because the swedish producers kept mixing up the saying s(oh wait pg 13 love?) on the beach with cake by the ocean. That highly amused me. I have no idea who does this song. Like I said not my music really, but it was that or commercials.