DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

NotAWiseOne

Hey all!,

I started reading Eye of The World maybe May last year after buying the first two, and stopped because I couldn't buy the next books up until September (and I hate not having the ability to complete a series plus exams) and I'm now on Fires of Heaven! I literally discovered this website today and was absolutely thrilled there were people who enjoyed them as much as I do. 

I'm in the part where Rand just left Rhuidean for reference, and just to be on the safe side, no spoilers please!

So yeah. Don't know how to really end this so I'll leave it there. 

Thanks for the tip. Role-play sounds like fun! But won't there be spoilers on them?

Not at all, most of the stories on there don't have much to do with the main story line.  You could totally have something going on in Turnings of the Wheel RP which is a RP world that deviates from the books.  There is a current story that talks about there not being an Amyrlin on the seat of the White Tower for I think it's 5 or 10 years. Ask Cross about it.

You could make up one on there or you could start on the back story of one in the timeline based on the books and start at the same time as the start of the books if you want.  Ask around on the Out Of Character (OOC) pr the welcome thread. Just read the posting rules and see who you need to contact first.

We also do some light RPing in the social groups, it's mostly just silly ol' fun.

Thanks for the tip. Role-play sounds like fun! But won't there be spoilers on them?

I was told there can be spoilers in role play but that was quite a while ago and it sounds like Oscar has been there more than I have. :)

Be very careful if you decide to venture into the discussion forums. You are least likely to find spoilers in the social groups.

Welcome to Dragonmount.

Not at all, most of the stories on there don't have much to do with the main story line.  You could totally have something going on in Turnings of the Wheel RP which is a RP world that deviates from the books.  There is a current story that talks about there not being an Amyrlin on the seat of the White Tower for I think it's 5 or 10 years. Ask Cross about it.

You could make up one on there or you could start on the back story of one in the timeline based on the books and start at the same time as the start of the books if you want.  Ask around on the Out Of Character (OOC) pr the welcome thread. Just read the posting rules and see who you need to contact first.

We also do some light RPing in the social groups, it's mostly just silly ol' fun.

I was told there can be spoilers in role play but that was quite a while ago and it sounds like Oscar has been there more than I have. :)

Be very careful if you decide to venture into the discussion forums. You are least likely to find spoilers in the social groups.

Welcome to Dragonmount.

Thank you both! Got a question though.

How do I join an RP? Had a brief skim and the closest I could find was "Role-plays" under links but that got me nowhere.

(sorry if there are too many quotes in there)

Turning of the Wheel RP is indeed the easiest to join if you haven't read all the books :)

For the other RPs you first need to submit a bio (there are bit more rules for those :tongue:)

Yeah, I didn't expect that many rules! I spent a bit of time browsing the social groups and RP's and all that today, and actually submitted one for the Aiel character. Makes it more fun though. 

Btw, do you know if we can join more than one social group, or is it that we have to pick one?

I can't help pretty much anything that I do lol!

You're very welcome! I'm sure you'll find your place in our merry little community. 

Personally I haven't read more than the 4 first books, so... :wink:

Yeah, I didn't expect that many rules! I spent a bit of time browsing the social groups and RP's and all that today, and actually submitted one for the Aiel character. Makes it more fun though. 

Btw, do you know if we can join more than one social group, or is it that we have to pick one?

Come see us in the White Tower. One thing you should know, is that until you choose to become a member of a social group, there are forums that you will not be able to see. I'm a member of most but spend the most of my time in the Tower.

yup, that's important to know, there are a lot of things happening in these sub-board; so don't hesitate to sign in  in all the social groups that look interesting to you !!!

You're very welcome! I'm sure you'll find your place in our merry little community. 

Yeah hopefully it'll be fun. But that's interesting about the books, are you in the process of reading the rest or have you just become lazy? :p

Come see us in the White Tower. One thing you should know, is that until you choose to become a member of a social group, there are forums that you will not be able to see. I'm a member of most but spend the most of my time in the Tower.

I'll definitely check that out. Does the process take, time, as in joining and then seeing the forums etc.?

yup, that's important to know, there are a lot of things happening in these sub-board; so don't hesitate to sign in  in all the social groups that look interesting to you !!!

I will!

Yeah hopefully it'll be fun. But that's interesting about the books, are you in the process of reading the rest or have you just become lazy? :p

I think the answer to this dual question is "Yes".

Dicetosser is whipping me to read more though, so hopefully I'll get the rest done perhaps over summer break. :smile:

Yeah you definitely should. Try even reading a bit at night, it's what I do.

Doesn't get any less interesting in the 5th, I can tell you that much. :p

(They should really add a thumbs up emoji, I'm finding myself wanting to use it too much and I just sub it with these two ":p, !")

I'll definitely check that out. Does the process take, time, as in joining and then seeing the forums etc.?

I will!

It usually doesn't take long. Look at the sticky's at the top and they will tell you what to do to become a member. If you can't find it, let us know.

Archived