DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eye of the World vs. Eragon

LapisPharaoh

When I was reading Eragon (the first book) I thought the first half of the book is almost a complete rip-off of EotW.

Don't get me wrong, I love Inheritance Cycle and Christopher Paloni, but he was 15 when he wrote Eragon and it seems he completely plagiarized the first half of EotW.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find the thread...

Yeah, you even have a Rand and a Nynaeve, I guess you would say...The Sword of Truth has a sort of Rand/Elayne thing going, and I've read one more series by a woman named G.R R. Martin that has an incredibly powerful young mage who is accompanied by a young woman who is a mage with an incredible talent for healing.The guy even cleanses their source of magic when it's tainted by evil...the source of their power is even called the Flow...Even though it was a complete rip-off it was a good story... There are even several times in the book were they link their powers to do things no one mage was supposed to be able to do (a circle).The wilders were called hedge witches...And there was a woman who'd had her powers taken away (stilling?) but later restored at a reduced level (Suian, Leane?)...The plot was somewhat different but the system was so similar that the author obviously had read WoT. By the way, it didn't really have any resemblance to Tolkien or Goodkind.

Archived