DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You live, you learn

Niniel

To be fair though Cindy, you can't just say I don't know anything about it, considering I've been living with autism my whole life. I know very well what challenges I bring, but I also know that it's basically part of the social spectrum, just so far away from the center that people want to put a label on you. (and if you don't think my word is enough, the expert that's helped me a lot agreed with me that this was basically the case)

That is fair, and I didn't know that, and of course your word is enough. I misunderstood what you were saying I think.

Yes, everything is a spectrum. A lot of people get hassled by people who second guess their kids' diagnoses as if they're experts and they think they know better than the docs, and I know that's difficult for them and those that love them.

Mea culpa, Ley, I shouldn't have been mean :/

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I remember those days.

Today I have learned a quote from Kafka. I don't remember the exact words but it was something like "don't be too positive, the light in the tunnel could be a train". I laughed hard.

It's all okay Cindy.

That's probably the best thing about the Black Tower (or all of Dragonmount, really). Relationships actually mean something, which means that if something goes wrong, either by two people disagreeing or simple miscommunication, it's just talked out instead of people just being pricks to one another forever.

Teddy Roosevelt was originally vice-president, but when the president got murdered in 1901, he became president at the age of 42, and then he got re-elected at age 46. Meanwhile, Kennedy got elected at age 43. And we all know what happened to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.

I only know it can be done with particle colliders, and that the black holes are so light they radiate all their mass within some 10^-30 seconds, after which they cease to exist.

Fun fact: I actually learned this some 10 years ago, but if a random object in space, say, the Sun, would turn into a black hole and retain it's original mass, then (assuming there's no other forces concerned with the creation of the black hole) all planets would simply retain their boundaries. Black hole gravity isn't any different from normal gravity, even though most people (including me) tend to forget that a lot of the time.

By the way, about the lifetime of those black holes that might (not can, but might, kinda bad wording on my side) be created in particle colliders... I'm actually not sure how long they'd exist, but I think 10^-30 is a safe upper boundary to go for. It's very extremely short for certain.

Actually was a router that needed replacing I think but all is well now.

And I don't understand any of that but I can tell you do and I know you'll use your power for good.

Basically, I don't know how long such a black hole would exist, but I'm pretty sure it would be shorter than 0,000000000000000000000000000001 seconds.

Actually was a router that needed replacing I think but all is well now.

And I don't understand any of that but I can tell you do and I know you'll use your power for good.

Basically, I don't know how long such a black hole would exist, but I'm pretty sure it would be shorter than 0,000000000000000000000000000001 seconds.

Is that long enough to get a TARDIS through?

Archived