DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You live, you learn

Niniel

There doesn´t go a day without us learning things, about the world, about other people or about ourselves. Asha´mans have to learn quick, or they get burnt out, die or get captured by those red sisters. 

So this is a thread about random things that we have learned during the day. 

Well, my morning has just started so I haven´t really learned anything new yet but yesterday I learned that sloth, anteaters and armadillos belongs to the same family. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I learned that in 1.3 million years a star will pass at 0.27 lightyears or less, which will most likely mean that there's a lot of comets and stuff coming to the center of the solar system, meaning that something like 10 visible comets per year wouldn't be unlikely.

Which, of course, also increases the chance of one of them hitting the Earth. Good thing it's still 1300000 years away.

Today I learned that my niece has ADHD. I'm happy that she got the diagnosis so that she can get better help.

That basically means that she's somewhere on the social spectrum that isn't within 25% of average.

Edited by Leyrann

Today I learned that my niece has ADHD. I'm happy that she got the diagnosis so that she can get better help.

That basically means that she's somewhere on the social spectrum that isn't within 25% of average.

Agreed.  I was told I had this acronym too.  Haven't taken drugs for it, doing just fine.  I say my personality is just different, excitable, and...Oh a squirrel!  Imma chase it!

Agreed.  I was told I had this acronym too.  Haven't taken drugs for it, doing just fine.  I say my personality is just different, excitable, and...Oh a squirrel!  Imma chase it!

That's indeed basically everything.

Also, now I'm going to take my attention away from Squirrel Dragonmount and focus on quantummechanics again because I have to get a sufficient mark in a few weeks.

In her case it means a lot since she is not doing well. She is intelligent, school is easy for her. But it's very hard for her to interact with others since she can't control her impulses. But it will get better now.

Today I have learned that it's just impossible to beat the Norwegians. :( Hopefully it changes tomorrow.

Today I learned that people with no neuropsych training think they can write off a medical diagnosis because they don't understand what it means.

Oh wait I knew that already.

Today I learned that watching people clean the house can be kind of tiring,

Nice burn Mrs. Gill.  I think i got mislabeled ADHD because I was a bit of a handful when I was a kid.  I think there has just been a lot of misdiagnosisses in America these days for that and ADD.  From what Niniel said it sounds like a proper diagnosis, I just hope they don't just throw drugs at the poor girl but give her some good counseling.  My wife has a masters in counseling and is a firm believer that I got misdiagnosed, she says I'm just difficult.  :tongue:

To stick with the theme of the thread, I learned that there really can be too much snow.  Something I never, ever thought I would ever say.

In her case it means a lot since she is not doing well. She is intelligent, school is easy for her. But it's very hard for her to interact with others since she can't control her impulses. But it will get better now.

Today I have learned that it's just impossible to beat the Norwegians. :( Hopefully it changes tomorrow.

It'll get better. It's a lot of learning, but in the end there's only that much more to be proud of.

I mean, I don't know if you guys remember back when I joined here?

To be fair though Cindy, you can't just say I don't know anything about it, considering I've been living with autism my whole life. I know very well what challenges I bring, but I also know that it's basically part of the social spectrum, just so far away from the center that people want to put a label on you. (and if you don't think my word is enough, the expert that's helped me a lot agreed with me that this was basically the case)

Today I learned that glueing one picture in a notebook can take 20 minutes. I also learned that 10th graders don't know which way a map of the UK should be, even though it has numbers on it. 

Today I learned that people with no neuropsych training think they can write off a medical diagnosis because they don't understand what it means.

Oh wait I knew that already.

Today I learned that watching people clean the house can be kind of tiring,

Nice burn Mrs. Gill.  I think i got mislabeled ADHD because I was a bit of a handful when I was a kid.  I think there has just been a lot of misdiagnosisses in America these days for that and ADD.  From what Niniel said it sounds like a proper diagnosis, I just hope they don't just throw drugs at the poor girl but give her some good counseling.  My wife has a masters in counseling and is a firm believer that I got misdiagnosed, she says I'm just difficult.  :tongue:

To stick with the theme of the thread, I learned that there really can be too much snow.  Something I never, ever thought I would ever say.

lol sorry the burn was aimed elsewhere. Stuff like medical diagnoses are a big part of my job so I get fussy about them,