DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Query about characters and bios.

LadyGreyfist

I'm currently waiting for my bio to be reviewed. Do I have to wait for my bio to be approved and CCed in general before I can look into RPs under the Turning of the Wheel RP section? Or is that primarily for the more formal RP sections? I want to make sure I don't misunderstand so I read the sticky but I'm still unsure on this one point. I'm afraid of offending people with my being so new and I don't want to guess wrong on an impression.

If I can begin informally in this section what is the best way of finding a place for my character to belong? Do I read through RPS and ask if any are open? Or is it best to make a post asking if any existing stories could benefit from a character like mine and provide a copy of his bio so others may approach me and let me know they have room?

Sorry. The anxiety is strong with this one and I don't want to make an etiquette mistake. If this is in the wrong section I'm so sorry. I thought this would be the right one to ask questions in. By all means educate me but please don't be angry or offended I'll probably cry. A lot. It's not pretty. Sorry.

You can look everywhere ! :)

Just don't start posting in the IC boards before your bio is approved (IC = in character). Also, do not hesitate to ask questions in the OOC boards (OOC = out of character).

Now, you will see that the RP is pretty slow at the moment, so I hope we will be able to give all the answers you need and provide you with exiting stories.

With what kind of character do you want to RP ?

Hi Lady  :smile:  and welcome to the RP section. I'm Tay, the RP Admin. Don't worry about offending anyone, we don't get annoyed or upset easily. Yes, we have rules but nobody will jump on a new person for making a genuine mistake!

This board is not part of our main RP. It was set up for anyone to write in regardless of what they're writing about. So you might choose to write in a Stargate world or a Star Trek world or in current day Earth. The sky is the limit. Bios are helpful, but optional, and can be a simple outline to help anyone that may wish to write with you. You can choose to write solo too. Essentially, Turnings of the Wheel is a more informal, unlimited topic board and you don't even have to be a member of our Portal Stone World RP to post here. The main rules are to be polite and stay away from adult material.

This link takes you to the main index for the whole RP section: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/6-dragon-reborn-role-play/

As you can see the top board is The Welcome Inn. That's our public section with a lot of the general information posts for the main Role Play. You can feel free to post there.

Below that you can see our In Character (IC) and Out Of Character (OOC) boards. You can't post on the In Character boards until your bio is approved and you've been added to one of the usergroups as those are the actual writing/story boards.

The OOC boards have sections for each individual RP Group and you can go ahead and post or ask questions on their public boards. Usually the sub/private boards won't be visible to you until you're added to that particular usergroup so there's not much chance of you posting in the wrong place. Staff and members will point you in the right direction.

If you let me know which group you submitted a bio to, I can check it for you. Sadly, the RP is very quiet since the book series finished. A lot of our older members have also left for various reasons. That means getting responses or people to write with can take a little while. The White Tower is usually the most active.

Thank you both! I feel much more at ease! I wrote a bio for a young Arafel in man who could channel and submitted it to the Black Tower section, however, I left the end of his bio somewhat open ended. (Tear is a really bloody far journey from north eastern Arafel!) To leave it open for him, if he was more useful to a story as a fumbling male 'wilder' traveling with others on his way south, or if a story fit him having already arrived at the BT and doing work as a Soldier that could be just fine too. I want Masan to be an asset to a story so he's starting out with maximum availability.

If you would check his Bio Ms. Tay I would be very grateful. I submit it Thursday night but I was not going to point to it or make any noise until a week had gone by so thank you very much. I'd certainly like to find out if anyone thinks I can improve on Masan in any way. He's my newest character.

Also I apologize if any odd spelling errors come across my posts. Sometimes I'm typing from my phone and its easier to proofread after submitting.

Edited by LadyGreyfist

No worries. I'll certainly look into that this evening after work.

I don't think we have any active Black Tower members at all at the moment, not quite sure. You could try posting there and asking if anyone is around of course. If there's nobody, we'll have to think up a workaround for you to progress and RP the character once he's approved.

Meantime, here's the link to the BT specific boards: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/64-black-tower/

Ok. I'll do that. And I'm plenty open to the idea of a work around. It's why I left Masan so open ended. If he has to be change from a man who can channel into something else I'm open to the consideration, I just hadn't developed him on a separate coarse yet. His motivations were designed around him discovering that he could touch the source. So if he can't be a channeled some of his motivations may change. Or there's still the fumbling, untrained 'wilder.' (I don't think RJ or BS ever gave a title to the male equivalent seeing as any man with the spark was essentially so, but the BT didn't seem to care like the WT did.) I don't know yet if Masan has a block or a talent or where his skills lay. He's only just touching or holding the source and has not knowingly woven anything with it and he has tried to resist the temptation to. I'll post in the BT thread to see if anyone is active but if not I'm open to discussion, planning and modification.

That would be awesome actually. I can post Masan's bio here if you like or, as Tay said she's going to review what I emailed to the BT bio group tonight, I may choose to wait for her suggestions if she has some for how to improve Masan. If she does I may want to make modifications from her suggestions, but I am totally open to him encountering warriors or Aes Sedai. Is there a link where I can read your character bios while I wait?

You drew this ? O.O wow !!!

You do commissions ? :biggrin:

You can PM me the bio, if you want !

So my BOTRH recruit is here : Faydora Dasso

and my Aes Sedai is here : Myrrhi Morrigen

(now I wrote that before she entered the Tower :tongue: she's all grown up now lol)

If you want to see what she looks like, just wait for my siggy to rotate until you see her name ^^

I pm-ed Masan's 'for now' bio to you and I'll ready through your bios on my next break. :)

Oh yeah and I did draw that. It was just a concept doodle though. His face isn't as animated as I would like. I'm not really doing commissions right now but when I rp with people I tend to doodles scenes and What Ifs so if we rp you'll probably see interpretations of your characters appear in scenes with Masan for free. If we rp I'll share any scenes I draw here.

Edited by LadyGreyfist

I love your art <3 <3 <3 do you have a deviantart account ^^ ?

I have received your PM, I'll read it today if I manage (it's already evening and Valentine's day :tongue:)

Your character look awesome btw !

Ah my deviant art account is rather old and doesn't have much of my newer stuff on there. I was Lily-l-bell on deviant art but my newer stuff is on tumblr where I am also ladygreyfist. My most recent art can be found under the tag 'lady greyfist arts' but some can also be found under 'lady greyfist speaks' and 'lily speaks'. Be forewarned some of the art on my tumblr is nsfw but if I considered it such I tagged it as such.