DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello! Just Introducing Myself!

LadyGreyfist

I'm Lady GreyFist! I've really been loving these books for the past year and a half. I've been getting my fix of Randland through the official Audio Renaissance audiobooks available through my Audible. The audiobooks are really expensive but I use my monthly credit to get them, hoho. This has given me a unique advantage with a troubling trade off. I know how some of these wonderfully crazy names are supposed to be pronounced! Yay! The downside, I have no idea how to spell any of them! I'm finally nearly done with ToM and have purchased AMoL. I initially tried to stay out of the fandom while I was still in the earlier books to avoid any spoilers. I'm also very excited to find an RPing community here and I have been throwing around some ideas for a character in my head, so I'm really excited to get a bio sorted out and reviewed and think I've got close enough to the last battle where I can RP with an adequate degree of literacy to be an asset to stories. I'm super excited to be able to get involved with the fandom and being able to talk about these stories and the universe that I love as no one in my IRL life has read past EotW, if they've ready any WoT at all.  

Welcome, LadyGreyfist!

The spelling of many of the names is unique!  Hang around here, though, and you're sure to learn them.

We have a book discussion board. If you haven't made it through all the books, watch out for spoilers there. :biggrin:  But lots of great discussions about the books, about characters, etc.

The social forums are fantastic so be sure to check them out!  You can join as many as you want so take some time to visit each and find your niche(s).  I'm a member of the White Tower & Warders group (where I'm a member of the Blue Ajah as well as Keeper) and Band of the Red Hand (where I'm a member of the awesomest regiment ever, the Cavalry) and hope to see you drop by both of them!

Again, welcome!

Daruya

Welcome LafyGreyFist. I too have an idea for a character and just need to get going on it. Please come visit us in the White Tower. As for the social groups, be aware that you are unable to see all of the forums, until and if, you choose to be a member.

Thank you both for the warm welcome! I've been stalking some of the message boards and trying to not be too hesitant about replying. I'm a veteran of role playing but whenever I join a new community or fandom I always feel somewhat anxious. Like, if a Sister had to start as a novice again every time she came back to Tar Valon! I rationally know what I can do but I fear that I'll offend with my newbness. I created a black tower gent and sent the bio off but I see it's been a while since anyone's submit a BT bio so I hope he can be useful... If he's approved of anyway. I just sent the bio last night so it'll probably be a few days before I find out.

Thank you! I left his bio off as having just left home. He's traveling from North Eastern Arafel to Tear to increase usefulness. That's a lot of traveling for him to do so it means he could come across other on his way before he's an official initiate, or after, depending on who needs for what. He's a Borderlander thru and thru but does have a pretty quick sense of humor. For personal reasons he just wants to get better so he can kill as many shadowspawn as possible before he goes mad and dies. Very simple motivations perhaps but it makes him more flexible for fulfilling a story's needs or, perhaps, discovering greater motivations for himself as he grows and develops. I hope the bio checker for the black tower likes him. Or at least, if not, they have some suggestions to make him likable.

Archived