Hello everyone and welcome!!!
Please, take your seats, pens and papers, and get ready for this awesome game who everyone loves!
Last year I was the host too, and I loved it! The winner was Adella!
This year, since Red Ajah's International Women's Week lasts a bit longer, the quiz will be much more fun, and we will have more time to do it properly!
The rules are quite simple and go like this:
In this game I will be posting a couple of quotes every two days, and you will be given a list of women who might have said it. Your job will be to send me a PM and tell me who do you think said what, and I will be announcing the winner every two days, and when the Event ends, the person with most wins, second and third place.
You can also send me quotes you like by PM if you want me to use them in this game.
I will start off with some of my favorites quotes from last year, just so you can warm up! Try not to google the quotes, because it is more fun to guess!
Quotes Day 1:
1. "Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." - Marie Curie
2. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I'm just a girl who wishes for the world. - Marilyn Monroe
3. "When you can't remember why you're hurt, that's when you're healed." - Jane Fonda
4. "Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." - Mother Teresa
5. "I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear." - Rosa Parks
6. "Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable." - Emmeline Pankhurts
Quotes Day 2:
1. I must quit marrying men who feel inferior tome.Somewhere theremust be a man who could be my husband and not feelinferior. Ineed a superiorinferior man.” - Hedy Lamarr
2. “I attribute my success to this - I never gaveortook any excuse.” - Florence Nightingale
3. “I'vebeen absolutely terrified every momentof mylife -- and I've never let it keepme from doing a single thing I wantedto do.”- GeogriaO'Keeffe
4.“A woman finds the natural lay of the landalmostunconsciously; and not feelingit incumbent on her to be guide andphilosopherto any successor, she takeslittle pains to mark the route by whichshe ismaking her ascent.”- Antoinette BrownBlackwell
5.“I have found the paradox, that if you loveuntil ithurts, there can be no morehurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
6.“Humanity needs practical men, who get themost outof their work, and, withoutforgetting the general good, safeguardtheir owninterests. But humanity alsoneeds dreamers, for whom thedisinteresteddevelopment of an enterprise is socaptivating that it becomesimpossible forthem to devote their care to their ownmaterial profit.” – Marie Curie
7.I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful. – Marilyn Monroe
I didn't put one name in the list, so I gave 1 extra point to everyone... Congrats keyholder21, you are the only one who saw that one of the quotes was Mother Teresa!!!
Quotes Day 3: (we are heating up, and until the end you will have one more quote, just to make things more interesting and unpredictable)
1. “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. Ajoyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love”
2. “Were there none who were discontented with what theyhave, the world would never reach anything better.”
3. “Any girl can look glamorous. All you have to do isstand still and look stupid.”
4. “I was taught that the way of progress was neither swiftnor easy.”
5. "Avoiding danger is no safer in the longrun than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold."
6. "Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, startall over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished apurpose - not the one you began with perhaps, but one you'll be glad toremember."
7. "The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to,and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration."
8. “Ifyou really want something, and really work hard, and take advantage ofopportunities, and never give up, you will find a way.”
Women who said the quotes above:
1. Adella 8*
2. keyholder21 4*
3. Eowyn 3*
4. Sakaea 3
5. Karasayl 2
*got one point extra due to my mistake
Start matching, and PM me what you think are the right answers! No googling, yahooing etc... It is no fun!