Lamb cutlets marinated in Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce, parsnip mash, and whole smallish carrots in a butter & soy sauce glaze.
Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsps fresh oregano leaves (can sub 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar (this is a key ingredient - don't substitute!)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Finely chop everything except olive oil in a food processor several pulses). Add olive oil slowly. Place in a small bowl.
2 Adjust seasonings.
Serve immediately or refrigerate (it really needs to stand for about 30 minutes to develop taste).
If chilled, return to room temperature before serving.
SOY-AND-BUTTER GLAZED CARROTS
2 pounds carrots, peeled (can cut into 1/2-inch slices if you want)
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Put the carrots, soy sauce, butter and 1/3 cup water in a small pot. Season with black pepper. Cover and put the pot over medium heat. Cook until the carrots are mostly tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover the pot and raise the heat to medium-high. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced to a glaze, about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve hot