DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anyone See This? Wheel of Time Cast?

Ryrin

It looks like every other cast list I've seen made by someone who only watches spec fic media and forgets that almost none of the main cast hits drinking age before the end of the series, only now instead of being full of actors from Lord of the Rings it's full of actors from Game of Thrones.

It looks like every other cast list I've seen made by someone who only watches spec fic media and forgets that almost none of the main cast hits drinking age before the end of the series, only now instead of being full of actors from Lord of the Rings it's full of actors from Game of Thrones.

Thank you!

Some of them are amusing to me, if only because I know some of the actors (like Alexander Siddig, who I think is wasted in a part as small as Davram Bashere and is just there because he played Julian Bashir, and Natalie Dormer. She was brilliant in The Tudors, and I liked her in her little role in Captain America, but I haven't seen Game of Thrones yet. I am waiting for Martin to finish writing the books or die first before I touch his stuff. I learned my lesson about unfinished series with older writers!). So some of these and I can see, and some of them don't make much sense to me based on what other author's have written. Though I keep having to remember the 'ageless' Aes Sedai look allows a wider variety of actresses for some of the Aes Sedai who are in their 40s-80s (estimate). 

Dormer (based on her role as Anne Boelyn) I see far more as a Lanfear. She has 'the eyes.' If I were to cast her in the main crew, she might make a good Min. 

Joseph Fiennes is also wasted in as small a part as Ishmael (yeah I know, that sounds funny, but he is so dynamic on screen while he'd be good there, I'd want to use him more). He'd be great as Mazrim Taim OR Logain. Depending on how you want to toss him. ;) Heck, cast his brother, Ralph Fiennes as the other one! That would be a fun dynamic. 

Archived