DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekends

Ryrin

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter doesn't think she can have a baby vaginally after a c-section, and fears Chuck is going to be an only child. I'll tell her about your sister. 

My sister had two c-sections and was fine.

We're spending most of this weekend trying to keep the kitten warm and trying to get her and Mister interacting better.

How is Mister dealing with things?

I'm spending this weekend off work but not feeling great. I wore myself out and now I'm paying the price. 

I know how that feels. 

Just spent the weekend running Guest Relations for our Anime and Gaming Convention in OKC. :biggrin: It is one of my favorite things we do, and this year's guest list was phenomenal. I find myself contemplating how many of them would make awesome casting in the Wheel of Time, even as minor (or major) characters. They were also all really great people to work with! 

I wish our convention center was large enough to hold a con. I am starting to think I am never going to be able to attend one

The convention center does have a con; it's the Buffalo Comicon. I think UB also hosts an annual con. If neither of those work for you, you could try googling for something in Rochester. Searching Rochester con or Rochester scifi con should do the job.

It's amazing how small a space you can fit a Con into. Our local library has actually started hosting a one-day Con. This year was year two, and I think they had at least a couple hundred people. No celebrities, but a lot of local artists, geeky panels, and a great chance for all the local groups to network and get our names out there as existing. :smile: They call it "LexiCon" and they just held it in the library, which once upon a time was the local high school 60+ years ago. Local food trucks parked outside. We used to have another small Con here in town (I live in a much smaller town an hour away from OKC) that met in our little college town sized hotels and still managed dealers, LARP, and I think they might have managed the occasional Guest. We have a few fantasy writers in Oklahoma.

The smaller Cons have a magic all their own!  

I've never been to one either and I'd like to.

Just an update. Myself and my family have been hit with one illness after another, that's why I have been scare.

Edited by Ryrin