DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekends

Ryrin

ce-facem-in-weekend.jpg

Whether your "weekend" is Saturday/Sunday or during the week, what are you doing or what do you like to do?

My favorite thing is to sleep in.

garfield_sleep_in_toasters-fc29ed455188e

I went on a 10 mile bike ride today and out for frozen yogurt.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekends are a lot of things. I prefer to use them for reading, cleaning, watching movies, and spending family time with my husband and my son, and going to visit the rest of my immediate family on Sundays. They also end up getting used for 'more' cleaning, and any homework that needs doing. When there are SCA events, the weekends are generally eaten up by those. :wink: 

Sleep.

That is my main goal.

I don't get weekends. I get my days off one at a time. But yeah, sleep is good. Playing games with the kids is another good thing. 

I'd like to get into board games more.

I'm torn between sleeping, and finding new adventures for myself and my son. (not really anything major, yesterday we went to the library) 

I used to take my oldest son on all sorts of free adventures (needed to be free at that time) and many occurred at the library!

Weekends are a lot of things. I prefer to use them for reading, cleaning, watching movies, and spending family time with my husband and my son, and going to visit the rest of my immediate family on Sundays. They also end up getting used for 'more' cleaning, and any homework that needs doing. When there are SCA events, the weekends are generally eaten up by those. :wink:

Ok, don't hate me but in my old age I have a housekeeper come on Fridays. She does the basics. It means so much too come home to a clean house and getting enough sleep. I live with two people who have ADHD.

Ya.

I don't hate you, Ryrin! As soon as I can afford housecleaning people, I fully intend to hire them! :wink: We had a cleaning lady who came in every two weeks to dust, mop, vaccuum, etc.... once every two weeks. But we still had to pick up all our own stuff, so that's a lot of the cleaning in my house. 

He is as much of a reader as I am, so the library is a great adventure. :)

I loved to take him to storey time there.

I don't hate you, Ryrin! As soon as I can afford housecleaning people, I fully intend to hire them! :wink: We had a cleaning lady who came in every two weeks to dust, mop, vaccuum, etc.... once every two weeks. But we still had to pick up all our own stuff, so that's a lot of the cleaning in my house. 

Yes, there is still so much to do. Laundry, shopping, gas up the car, clean out the car, bills, etc. I want someone to run my life for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I love to relax, watch some sport on tv (if there's anything I like), read, play games (we play board games like trivial pursuit, etc on a Saturday when my one sister visits). Mostly these days it's weekly shopping and cleaning and laundry, though. Ugh.We also have a lady who cleans the house once a week, though she often just doesn't rock up.

I have a housekeeper that comes in weekly or is supposed to. That still leaves laundry, shopping, washing and putting gas in the car. Ugh.

Not feeling well today from the flu shot. Ended up coming home. I got the dates wrong so tomorrow is Yule.

Edited by Ryrin

• Club Leader

I survived the open house. Saturday was good because a couple of the teachers were there and kept me company. Today, I was going buggy with boredom. When the Manager on Duty asked me to help out with something else, I nearly wept with joy. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but not by much. 

It's great having my daughter and the baby home! I get lots of baby time when I'm home. I'm looking forward to next weekend because I'll be off both days. 

My daughter doesn't think she can have a baby vaginally after a c-section, and fears Chuck is going to be an only child. I'll tell her about your sister.

VBAC is definitely doable. and

my sister's extended labor isn't common, and it wasn't because of the prior c section, fwiw. but if she hadn't been determined to avoid the lengthy recovery period of another C with a toddler at home she probably would have let them do the section.

here is little Nolan with his sister, Bree, getting ready to bring mommy and baby brother home <3

post-14229-0-90700600-1481732846_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill