DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Sun & Moon

Nolder

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

UltraSun and UltraMoon were not what I thought they were going to be. I was so disappointed I didn't even buy it.

I thought it was going to be more like B2W2 not like Emerald, Platinum, etc.

My feelings exactly. I bought UM as a Christmas present for my brother but didn't play it myself. 

...still waiting on those DPP remakes...

22 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

My feelings exactly. I bought UM as a Christmas present for my brother but didn't play it myself. 

...still waiting on those DPP remakes...

Yeah same. I keep getting into an argument with a friend about those. He says they wont make them because enough time hasn't passed and I say the games are over 10 years old so plenty of time has passed.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Sunrise Lord said:

I liked them better than S/M honestly.  The storyline (especially with Lusamine) was better put together, and the little additions were nice.

Well, yeah that's usually what these types of editions are. They are improvements on the game that came out. Like a "Director's Cut" or something. They usually look nicer, have more to do, and the stories flow better.

I just thought it was going to be a sequel. I wanted to explore Alola more and see what everyone has been up to. I wanted to see what happened now that the Ultrabeasts were invading, etc.

Oh well I guess.

8 hours ago, Sunrise Lord said:

Rumor has it US/UM are the last games for the handheld systems.  

Yeah. I think they want to end the handheld altogether.

Anyone who owns a Switch knows they already have seamless transition.

If you just get it a liiiiiittle smaller it would make a perfect handheld itself.

Also that rumor is coming from the fact that they announced they were going to have a main series pokemon game on the Switch. I think they are testing the waters. If it's a success we'll probably see Pokemon transition to a console title. If it flops they'll keep with handhelds for another generation at least.

For as much as they are innovators Nintendo is also very skittish when it comes to change. Kind of ironic imo.

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

Yeah. I think they want to end the handheld altogether.

Anyone who owns a Switch knows they already have seamless transition.

If you just get it a liiiiiittle smaller it would make a perfect handheld itself.

Also that rumor is coming from the fact that they announced they were going to have a main series pokemon game on the Switch. I think they are testing the waters. If it's a success we'll probably see Pokemon transition to a console title. If it flops they'll keep with handhelds for another generation at least.

For as much as they are innovators Nintendo is also very skittish when it comes to change. Kind of ironic imo.

I read something about how they had pushed the 3DS to its absolute limit with S/M and that a more powerful engine was needed to keep improving upon the games.  But a DPP remake on the Switch would be a perfect tester.