DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

That new Star Wars Trailer

Krakalakachkn

The behind-the-scenes artists working on this film have me just as excited as the trailer.

• Director of Photography Greig Fraser worked on Zero Dark Thirty
  • VFX supervisor Neil Corbould worked on Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan.
  • Neil Lamont (Harry Potter series) and Doug Chiang (Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace) are production designers.
  • Oscar-winning composer Alexandre Desplat will bring his considerable skills to bear in crafting Rogue One’s score
  • Stunt coordinator Rob Inch (World War Z, Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger)
  • Creature effects supervisor Neal Scanlan (Prometheus)
  • Co-costume designers Dave Crossman (costume supervisor for the Harry Potter series, Saving Private Ryan) and Glyn Dillon (costume concept artist for Kingsman: The Secret Service, Jupiter Ascending).

The big question for me is: Who is the man in the Grand Admiral uniform?

Also some speculation:

Jyn (main character) might have got with Luke Skywalker and is Rey's mother and that Imperial Moff(?) in the white uniform and cape is Jyn's father (why we see Jyn in an Imperial uniform + her charge of forging Imperial documents) so Rey might be Imperial royalty.

I think she's in an Imperial uniform just for infiltration purposes. I'm guessing the man in the cape is just the main villain of the movie. While this is set shortly before Episode IV, a new villain rather than an existing character makes sense given that James Earl Jones may have wanted too much money or may even have said flat out no. And Tarkin would be alive at this time but Peter Cushing is dead and using a different actor (not even for a much younger version but the same age as in Episode IV) might actually offend the fans. And I seriously doubt that he's really a Grand Admiral since that rank was created for the novels in a timeline that's no longer canon. Although the idea of a shoutout to the Thrawn trilogy would be very cool.

On a side note, the role of Mon Mothma here is being played by Genevieve O'Reilly, who had played the young version of Mon Mothma in Episode III but got relegated to deleted scenes. The really cool part is that in this trailer she seems to be an amazing likeness for Caroline Blakiston, who played the role in Episode VI. And she seems to be approaching it as playing an M type of character. Which makes sense, given the infiltration and spy theme. The trailer seemed a bit like a Bond movie set in the SW universe.

So I actually just found out that Grand Admirals are canon.  Grand Admiral Thrawn appears in the Star Wars: Rebels tv show.

Apart from that, Grand Moffs rank above Grand Admirals and Tarkin would have already achieved Grand Moff ranking before this film, so I would guess it isn't Tarkin.

So I actually just found out that Grand Admirals are canon. Grand Admiral Thrawn appears in the Star Wars: Rebels tv show.

Apart from that, Grand Moffs rank above Grand Admirals and Tarkin would have already achieved Grand Moff ranking before this film, so I would guess it isn't Tarkin.

I never bothered to watch any of the SW animation. I just really hated the way it was drawn.

Prequel to episode 4,L but well after episode 3.

The team that stole.the death star plans.

That's makes it seem Meh to me.

So when all's said and done there will be 12 star wars universe films? The nine episodes, plus 3 parallels?

So when all's said and done there will be 12 star wars universe films? The nine episodes, plus 3 parallels?

Give up a cash cow that quickly?  No way in hell.

They're going to make a new film "every year until people stop buying tickets."

I'm actually really excited to see the universe explored outside of the Skywalker/jedi storyline.

14. The nine episodes, plus the two confirmed spin-offs (Rogue One and the Han Solo movie, which is in pre-production) plus three spin-offs in various stages of development, focusing on Yoda, Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi. And as mentioned above, if the new movies are successful (a lot is riding on Rogue One in that regard) there'll likely be more stuff.

Archived