I heard back from a message I sent Jason and he thinks he may have found the cause of this issue, believing it is networking hardware based, and is contemplating the best way to deal with it.

No ETR as of yet but it's still progress from reported and/or under investigation.

Gayden has been locked out of his real account because of this fault now :(

I think I fixed this one - he and I are on PMs about it.

Jason is looking into it, and has not yet been able to identify exactly what is causing the problem.  More to come, hopefully soon(ish).

Its not the notifications that are a problem for me, I just want to archive a few PMs and currently can't.

I would like new people to be able to join DM!

Also, I have to follow about 50 or more boards as part of my job here - it's a F****NG B**CH trying to catch all the new posts in them, and I'm getting a bit gatvol now.

New members can use a work around to join but not as easy as just signing up.

If they have or create a twitter account with the desired handle then sign up for DM it doesn't require email verification. Facebook should also be similar but know you are supposed to use a real name (first + last) for that so twitter is better in that respect.

Though i would perfer having the notifications back too and hopefully it will be figured out before more info on the TV series is released.

Edited by Nikon

Also, I have to follow about 50 or more boards as part of my job here - it's a F****NG B**CH trying to catch all the new posts in them, and I'm getting a bit gatvol now.

God, I didn't even think about that. That sounds like a bloody headache.

Yah. New posts aren't so bad, but new threads are a nightmare.

Huh, I wonder if this problem is what I was dealing with. I tried to reset my password so I could log in again and couldn't get an e-mail despite the address being correct. After 100 or so tries over the course of a week I eventually found the right variation of an old password. I e-mailed truesource and the hotmail/msn account in your profile Verb, but you can disregard as I've gotten in.

So it's all Barmacal's fault... that rapscallion.