DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Deadpool (NSFW)

Red2111

well theres nothing NSFW in here yet, but its a deadpool thread so its bound to happen at some point XD

whose going to see it, whose amped up, and who are the haters lol

<---  going on opening night with a group of about 8 other equally amped up fans >:)

i absolutely adore this 4th wall breaking, chimmichanga loving, crazy man.  and Ryan Reynolds is PERFECT for him.

neigh, Ryan Reynolds no longer exists.  Wade perma jumped the 4th wall into our universe, has been using the allias of Ryan Reynolds all along and is finally making his awesome presence known.

I've been looking forward to this since they leaked the test footage. I've never been big on the character in the comics, because it's such a ridiculously precarious balancing act to get him right (see: Nolan North using his most obnoxious voice every time he plays 'Pool in anything - ugh), and most people blow it, but they look like they've done everything right with this one. Even better is that, so far as I've seen, every advance review has been positive (even if the people supposedly reading them often didn't pay enough attention to realize this).

The only downside here is that hack Rob Liefeld crawling back out of the woodwork to try and take credit for anything that people like about Deadpool.

• Community Administrator

I've been looking forward to this since they leaked the test footage. I've never been big on the character in the comics, because it's such a ridiculously precarious balancing act to get him right (see: Nolan North using his most obnoxious voice every time he plays 'Pool in anything - ugh), and most people blow it, but they look like they've done everything right with this one. Even better is that, so far as I've seen, every advance review has been positive (even if the people supposedly reading them often didn't pay enough attention to realize this).

The only downside here is that hack Rob Liefeld crawling back out of the woodwork to try and take credit for anything that people like about Deadpool.

It probably helps that they have Ryan Reynolds who may have been born for this role, and he's probably been channeling a lot of dead pool from the comics, as well as his VanWilder character that brings out the best of dead pool..

so i saw it on Saturday ..

BEST

MOVIE

EVER!!!

omg!!  its been a while since i laughed that much in a movie, and the opening credits!!

every scene from the trailers was in the movie, pretty much un-altered and those weren't even the best parts!!

100% now my fav super hero movie XD  i cant wait for the sequel.

seriously though ... wtf is up with the unicorns o.0 *shudders*

we had people who brought young kids to see this <_<  i just hope these parents aren't lame-arses and write Fox about this movie.  its not Deadpools fault you were a bad parent and ignored the umpteen warnings about why this movie was rated R.

edit - only negative comment i have to say about it ....  i was hoping for an internal dialogue of Wade arguing with his voices and maybe a few yellow squares :wub:  there was also a noticeable lack of chimmichanga's

Stempy pointed out that the lack of voices is likely cause its an origins story and Wade just isn't all that insane yet.

• Community Administrator

Stempy pointed out that the lack of voices is likely cause its an origins story and Wade just isn't all that insane yet.

I read internet arguments about that. They mentioned some writer created the voices much later in the deadpool comics, and wasn't something that was there initially.

Also, internal monologue is hard to pull off on screen. About the only way they could do it, only works with arguing with oneself, and pretty much the 'left camera' 'right camera' approach.

the way they could do it with Deadpool is how they did it in the game.  have a separate external voice that only the audience and deadpool can hear, and have him legit conversate with it.  where the voice acts as a narrator in the story.  they could even do a CGI manifestation of a smaller version of Deadpool on his own shoulder that is invisible to other characters but visible to us and deadpool and that he converses with.

like basically they could use it when he comes to a moral quandary; the narrorator would take the part of colossus from this movie in that aspect.  and at one point he could tell the narrator to shut up, and so (being a smart ass) a yellow box could pop up arguing the narrators point and annoy deadpool even more.  then the narrator would go back to talking, but the humor and fan service would be there.

in fact, iirc; deadpool has both of these.  and if they dont over do it like they didn't with the 4th wall breaking in this movie, i think it'll come off as classy rather than over bearing.

our buddy says that Deadpool losses it when his girlfriend dies, thats when he has the break with reality and gets the voices and the chimichanga fetish.  i had thought that it was a result of the torture undergone by the experiments in the Weapon X lab tbh.

he was distinctly more unhinged when comparing the before and after; more careless and chaotic.  so while i missed the voices and narrator and even the yellow boxes

• 1 month later...

Saw this movie when I got the chance and loved it!!! The funniest film I have ever watched, and topped the marketing campaign. I had immensley high hopes and expectations and the film blew past both. The best and most entertaining comic book movie I have seen yet.

Archived