DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

X-Files (10th season)

Red2111

• Community Administrator

i flipping LOVE this continuation.  mucho better than the "shall not be talked about" 2nd film

anyone else watching??

Watching it, and loving it.

Also love how this show happens to be on the perfect network, as it's clearly reaching the perfect audience there. :wink:

not gonna lie, totally teared up at the "day dreaming" scenes with william in them between Mulder and Scully

the feels man ... the FEELS!!!!

i can't believe CS*sob*M is still alive  o.0

@ SD.  actually, i think even most who watch the network consider the arc they're going on to be too extreme and tin foiled.  it is interesting though to see the jump from "Aliens" to "New World Order" scenario.  the New World Order conspiracy has always been in the XFiles, hinted at though ... but its interesting to see them go #FullDarthe with it.

using alien DNA to force a genetic evolution in humans is ....  interesting.   i hope that they find William, i hope he finally finds Samantha (though i thought he had) and i keep yelling for them to get back together!!!!

its funny how quickly i reverted right back to MSR shipping in my mind and wanting to see them kiss.  GAH i love GA and DD together on screen :wub:

and all the "duck and cover" tin foil that Mulder is doing ....  where the frack are the lone gunmen!!!!!!  i NEED my fill of the goofy geek squad trio :wub:

i'm actually in the middle of a binge re-watch of the XFiles.  i'm in the prime seasons too (Season 4)

i never thought i would see a new season of X-files on TV.  i hope the show gets re-signed for another season or two on fox :wub:  mini season to fill the time slot between seasons of Gotham would be perfect :wub:

not gonna lie, totally teared up at the "day dreaming" scenes with william in them between Mulder and Scully

the feels man ... the FEELS!!!!

i can't believe CS*sob*M is still alive  o.0

@ SD.  actually, i think even most who watch the network consider the arc they're going on to be too extreme and tin foiled.  it is interesting though to see the jump from "Aliens" to "New World Order" scenario.  the New World Order conspiracy has always been in the XFiles, hinted at though ... but its interesting to see them go #FullDarthe with it.

using alien DNA to force a genetic evolution in humans is ....  interesting.   i hope that they find William, i hope he finally finds Samantha (though i thought he had) and i keep yelling for them to get back together!!!!

its funny how quickly i reverted right back to MSR shipping in my mind and wanting to see them kiss.  GAH i love GA and DD together on screen :wub:

and all the "duck and cover" tin foil that Mulder is doing ....  where the frack are the lone gunmen!!!!!!  i NEED my fill of the goofy geek squad trio :wub:

i'm actually in the middle of a binge re-watch of the XFiles.  i'm in the prime seasons too (Season 4)

i never thought i would see a new season of X-files on TV.  i hope the show gets re-signed for another season or two on fox :wub:  mini season to fill the time slot between seasons of Gotham would be perfect :wub:

X-Files-Bones-Sleepy Hollow Mega Cross over Event?

Skully, Bones go on for hours talking about medical crap.

Mulder, Booth, and Crane have a mega bromance going on.

And Abbie/Skully/Bonesall are just staring in Awe at all the guys talking crazy at each other.

I didn't like the first episode much. It seemed to essentially be negating the entire original show and telling us that it didn't matter with all that Mulder was going on (and on and on) about everything he had believed back then was fake.

The last two seasons weren't quite as good. Chris Carter stepped down as showrunner and the two main actors reduced their involvement. Carter actually wanted to end the show but the network brought in other people and gave it two more years. I never saw the second movie cause I heard so many bad things.

I want to see this. I was a fan of the show until season 7. I'm not sure if I watched it or not but I never saw season 8 or 9. The second movie wasn't good.

Does the new season plot start directly after season 9?

I actually liked the 2nd movie...

As for which season it starts after...it starts 15 year after 9/11. Whether seasons 8-9 or the movies happened in season 10 is yet to be determined.

I never saw the second movie cause I heard so many bad things. 

If I remember it right, the 2nd movie was basically a Monster of the Week Episode, so people were kind of pissed off that it wasn't all about the aliens.

I didn't like the first episode much. It seemed to essentially be negating the entire original show and telling us that it didn't matter with all that Mulder was going on (and on and on) about everything he had believed back then was fake. 

I don't know that I concur with it negating the original series. They were always good at making you doubt what you saw or what any of them saw. (Note: they do mention the 2012 prophecy of the world coming to an end, and that 9/11 was just the precursor to it. We the audience were just expecting a total alien invasion)

We learned from one agent that his entire job was to mess with people like Mulder, getting them to believe a lot of bullshit so that anything that was the truth that got out would merely be lumped in with all the other bullshit.

In X-Files what we do know is that aliens exist, and that the government has been both in cahoots with some aliens. The ones that took Mulder's sister, appear to be different from those that made some kind of deal with the government.

If anything the 15 years since X-Files ended has cast a lot of doubt on Mulder's psyche, and this season is all about him getting a fire lit under his ass and not just making him want to believe but actually find proof and expose it.

The first episode felt a bit rushed. Mulder changed his believes too quickly without much (or any) evidence. But I liked the second episode. It sent me back 20 years. lol As always, we don´t know what is real and what is not. 

How many episodes will it be? I hope they stick to the main story. 

The first episode felt a bit rushed. Mulder changed his believes too quickly without much (or any) evidence. But I liked the second episode. It sent me back 20 years. lol As always, we don´t know what is real and what is not. 

How many episodes will it be? I hope they stick to the main story. 

It's 6 episodes, so 4 left. 

I want to see this. I was a fan of the show until season 7. I'm not sure if I watched it or not but I never saw season 8 or 9. The second movie wasn't good.

Does the new season plot start directly after season 9?

it picks up many years after season 9, and seems a handful of years after the 2nd movie.  the only thing you really need to know from season 8 & 9 is that Mulder no longer worked for the X-files and he and Scully went into hiding and had a baby at the end of season 9

The last two seasons weren't quite as good. Chris Carter stepped down as showrunner and the two main actors reduced their involvement. Carter actually wanted to end the show but the network brought in other people and gave it two more years. I never saw the second movie cause I heard so many bad things.

Chris and the two main actors didn't so much step back as David and Chris had a falling out and Chris was trying to push David out of the show.  Gillian still had a fair presence until the end though and fan out cry pulled nixed Dogget and pulled back in Mulder.

the 2nd movie was a failure mostly because the thing that most fans wanted (a focus on MSR) was entirely ignored.  if it had been done within the first 3 season, of even prior to the first movie where the MSR was heightened; the movie would have been fine.  but the movie ignored the romance and the baby entirely, which made all of us go "wtf man"

What gets me is every episode just FEELS EXACTLY like the original X-Files. The mood, the style, the credits, the wooden acting. Its amazing.

Episode 1 was ok, but I don't see it out of character for Mulder. He's flip flopped a few times over the course of the series about what he believes and the overarching plots never made tons of sense really, intriguing sure, but never felt like they plotted it out at all. Just made stuff up as they went along. The only thing I didn't understand was, "Welp we opened the X-Files again. Wanna be full fledged FBI agents again and quit your Doctor job and come out of hiding?" Then episode essentially ends. I could imagine them doing a freeze frame of Mulder and Scully jumping in a "YEAH!" freeze frame ending.

Next Episode... like they've never left the x-files for ~15 years.

"Alas, I was human again. I went back to work. But now that I had a job, all I could think about was how much I hated my job.

But I was too overcome with human fear to quit. How would I pay my bills? Without a job, I'd-I'd never get a loan and start a mortgage, whatever that is. Already I was terrified I wasn't saving enough for my retirement."

Lol.

Archived