DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Okay, gotta ask...

With the HOLD THE DOOR / Hodor name reveal having been caused by warging him in the past is anything up to this point fact...

Like couldn't bran go back in time and warg someone else, undoing their death or killing someone before they could murder others.

Can't walk... Wait, just go back and stop yourself from going and seeing what was going on in that room. Now you can walk again!

Dad died as the hand, stop the king from going hunting and he doesn't die in the first place... Or have cersi and her brother caught in the act and the whole incest thing comes out before the king is kiled during the hunt.

Warn everyone about the red wedding, etc... No problem... While you are at it go back to when they created the white walkers and stop them from.doing that... Boom! Hodor is alive again!

Just too easy an excuse when time travel is on the table.

Nikon I'm pretty sure we're going to get the Lost version of time travel where you are just going to see Bran inadvertently cause the events of the show as opposed to change anything.

Watch him accidentally drive Aerys to madness in the past through some incidental warg mix-up and cause Robert's Rebellion in full

I went to work and managed to get calm but when I got home I decided to watch the episode again. *cries* It´s heartbreaking... 

Beyond the Wall - wonderful, awful scenes. So emotional. To see why Hodor was Hodor at the same time that he died. It´s like Bran killing him twice. I wonder if this is how the unsullied felt at the Red Wedding? They all played excellent. I will so miss Hodor. And Summer! What´s up with killing all direwolves?! My first thought was that they want to spend more money on the dragons but of course it´s symbolic - Summer is gone, Winter is here. 

Oh, and it was nice to learn the origin of the Others. 

The Wall - great scenes. Littlefinger should be happy to be alive. Sofie Turner played so good. It was worrisome to see her lie to Jon though. Good that they have Davos, they will need him. Melisandre didn´t say a word. Not usual for her. Tormund was funny. The last scene with Edd was great. 

Iron Islands - overall I like the scenes. I like the speeches and the drowning ceremony. But the Iron Born felt a bit stupid. Cheering for Yara one moment then following Euron to murder her the next moment. It didn´t work well. I wonder where Yara and Theon will go. Find Dany on their own?

Braavos - Great scene that mirrors the scene in the first season - Arya watching Ned die. I wonder if she will do it. She is still Arya Stark, she isn´t noone.

Vaes Dothrak - Beautiful moment between Jorah and Dany. I so hope he find a cure!

Mereen - That look on Vary´s face when the Red Priestess told him about the voice! 

I loved the first episode but it´s just getting better and better. 

Okay, gotta ask...

With the HOLD THE DOOR / Hodor name reveal having been caused by warging him in the past is anything up to this point fact...

Like couldn't bran go back in time and warg someone else, undoing their death or killing someone before they could murder others.

Can't walk... Wait, just go back and stop yourself from going and seeing what was going on in that room. Now you can walk again!

Dad died as the hand, stop the king from going hunting and he doesn't die in the first place... Or have cersi and her brother caught in the act and the whole incest thing comes out before the king is kiled during the hunt.

Warn everyone about the red wedding, etc... No problem... While you are at it go back to when they created the white walkers and stop them from.doing that... Boom! Hodor is alive again!

Yup. What has happened can't be changed. Bran can try to change things, but all he'll do is affect things the way they've already happened. So he can't save his father, he can't kill Joffrey as a baby etc. He might go back and drive the Mad King insane, or he might somehow cause Dany to become immune to fire, or he might go back and give Mel a helping hand in resurrecting Jon, but he can't change things. Anything he did impact, we've already seen the impact of.

• Community Administrator

Okay, gotta ask...

Yup. What has happened can't be changed. Bran can try to change things, but all he'll do is affect things the way they've already happened. So he can't save his father, he can't kill Joffrey as a baby etc. He might go back and drive the Mad King insane, or he might somehow cause Dany to become immune to fire, or he might go back and give Mel a helping hand in resurrecting Jon, but he can't change things. Anything he did impact, we've already seen the impact of.

So... the Night King might be so hard on for killing Bran, because his future self is probably slain as a direct consequence of Brans actions (Say.. Mad King leads to the events that cause the night kings final death?) and if he can kill Bran before Bran makes said changes (that have already happened, the world will be caught completely unprepared for the Night King? No Jon snow, no No Queen of the Dragons Danny... no lightbringer or whatever it's called...

OK LETS TALK ABOUT THE 3 MAJOR TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE

#1. Hodor- #FEELZ #PERMASADFACE.GIF

tumblr_o7mjxufoy31rl53x2o2_500-146400707

#2. Lord Varys getting #OWNED by the Red Priestess

tumblr_mloa08X1v91rq3i3ro1_500.gif

#3. The Moment when you realize your day just got really really bad....#FML

7.jpg

I went to work and managed to get calm but when I got home I decided to watch the episode again. *cries* It´s heartbreaking... 

Beyond the Wall - wonderful, awful scenes. So emotional. To see why Hodor was Hodor at the same time that he died. It´s like Bran killing him twice. I wonder if this is how the unsullied felt at the Red Wedding? They all played excellent. I will so miss Hodor. And Summer! What´s up with killing all direwolves?! My first thought was that they want to spend more money on the dragons but of course it´s symbolic - Summer is gone, Winter is here. 

Oh, and it was nice to learn the origin of the Others. 

The Wall - great scenes. Littlefinger should be happy to be alive. Sofie Turner played so good. It was worrisome to see her lie to Jon though. Good that they have Davos, they will need him. Melisandre didn´t say a word. Not usual for her. Tormund was funny. The last scene with Edd was great. 

Iron Islands - overall I like the scenes. I like the speeches and the drowning ceremony. But the Iron Born felt a bit stupid. Cheering for Yara one moment then following Euron to murder her the next moment. It didn´t work well. I wonder where Yara and Theon will go. Find Dany on their own?

Braavos - Great scene that mirrors the scene in the first season - Arya watching Ned die. I wonder if she will do it. She is still Arya Stark, she isn´t noone.

Vaes Dothrak - Beautiful moment between Jorah and Dany. I so hope he find a cure!

Mereen - That look on Vary´s face when the Red Priestess told him about the voice! 

I loved the first episode but it´s just getting better and better. 

I liked how we learned the answer to the question "Why can't Hodor speak?" ... because he's been warged into his entire life. 

I do have many more questions about The Children/Others whatever those "aliens" are called, and it's interesting to learn that the white walkers are humans used to kill humans by the other's originally...anyway, many more questions.

Also, what's gonna happen to Bran now? He was dragged away into a blizzard...so...what did the old man mean by "now you will become me?"

As for the rest of the show:

1.) I understand why Sansa was furious as little finger, but she does need his army, and if she's turned him away, where will he go now? Strategically foolish on her part.

2.) I didn't understand the Iron Island plot...there's a new King, but Theon and his sister stole their ships to do what with?

3.) I liked Danny/Jorah scene. 

4.) Interesting/weird about the red priest and Vary.

5.) Braavos -Is Arya Noone or is she Arya Stark? That seems to be what the test is getting at.

No Kings Landing, no Dor, but I'm okay with that,

• Community Administrator

My thoughts/theory on Hodor.

There's an old theory, that Hodor is a Warg like Bran, and since he always wanted to be a knight, he 'warged' into Lyria's(SP) horse and subsequently died, leaving the 'horses' mind within Hodor's Body. Obviously this isn't the case, but are we sure Hodor isn't a Warg?

1st Point: Bran had a vision of the past/future with the Night King, The Night king saw him, and 'touched' him within the vision, physically marking Bran and breaking the ward on there safe haven from the Others.

2nd Point: Hodor could clearly see Bran in the vision of the past, and could hear "Hold the Door!", Hodor's Eye's turned up, and seized. Bran sat helplessly watching. If Bran warged into Future Hodor, how could he watch Past Hodor, and hold the door at the same time?

So my Theory is, Hodor warged into his Future-self, through Bran's connection to the past, and held the door.

The Hodor of the future, then inhabitted the body of the past Hodor from then on. That Consciousness of Hodor, essentially being the eternally dying thought of the Past/Future Hodor, who's only thought was to "Hold The Door"

This might also explain why Bran is able to Warg Hodor, as he's just a shell of a consciousness.

If this hold true, and Hodor is a warg, he may potentially still be alive as a 12-16 year old Hodor warg spirit.

Speculations for the next episode. 

In one of the trailers it looks like Meera and Bran will be saved by someone on a horse that have some kind of fire ball thing. Who is it? Is it Benjen? I so want it to be Benjen.

Archived