DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Walking Dead Season 6

Basel Gill

Word of advice: if you aren't 100% caught up on the series, pretend Wikipedia doesn't exist.

Seriously. I once thought I was safe reading the article on an insignificant accomplice to a bad guy who was killed off ages ago and they're like "Oh and then when this major character dies due to x three seasons later said insignificant character is mentioned in passing."

Walked Dead's wikipedia content is proof that people are indeed more evil than zombies.  :dry:

last nights episode was ... interesting.

#peanutbutterbars  XD

i like the new black guy, the one with the dreds ^_^  

dealing with the herd in that fashion was .... interesting.  its too bad there was no way to leave them where they were and chop the roads out of the quarry so that the walkers couldn't get out. 

Rick is still giving me "Governor" vibes <_<  part of me wonders if he put that dude in that situation on purpose because he knew dude was 85% chance to get killed ....  and forcing the fence builders to try and deal with the Walkers before having his group rescue them ...  i get that they need to learn to deal and react quicker ...  but theres a difference between throwing a kid in water to make em learn to swim, and throwing them in water with a bunch of sharks. 

Morgan being warry of Rick gives me kinda the warm fuzzy. i hope that Morgan can bring Rick back from the edge of Governor territory ...  but i wonder if Rick is gonna end up like Shane instead :unsure:

i think my fav exchange was

Rick: we need volunteers

Gabriel: i can help

Rick: *no hesitation* No.  Seriously tho people, we need volunteers

Gabriel: *sulks*

i laughed.

• Community Administrator

last nights episode was ... interesting.

#peanutbutterbars XD

i like the new black guy, the one with the dreds ^_^

dealing with the herd in that fashion was .... interesting. its too bad there was no way to leave them where they were and chop the roads out of the quarry so that the walkers couldn't get out.

Rick is still giving me "Governor" vibes <_< part of me wonders if he put that dude in that situation on purpose because he knew dude was 85% chance to get killed .... and forcing the fence builders to try and deal with the Walkers before having his group rescue them ... i get that they need to learn to deal and react quicker ... but theres a difference between throwing a kid in water to make em learn to swim, and throwing them in water with a bunch of sharks.

Morgan being warry of Rick gives me kinda the warm fuzzy. i hope that Morgan can bring Rick back from the edge of Governor territory ... but i wonder if Rick is gonna end up like Shane instead :unsure:

i think my fav exchange was

Rick: we need volunteers

Gabriel: i can help

Rick: *no hesitation* No. Seriously tho people, we need volunteers

Gabriel: *sulks*

i laughed.

I'm betting Morgan is going to do for Rick, what Rick did for Morgan.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night's episode ripped my heart out. The showrunners released the statement on Talking Dead that Glenn will be back in some way. But that doesn't mean he is alive. They mentioned as possible examples that his return could be in flashbacks or as a walker or even that just "parts of Glenn" would be seen. There has been a lot of talk among fans since the episode that we were actually witnessing Nicholas being eaten, and Glenn was unharmed underneath Nicholas. I'm hoping it's something like that.

Losing Glenn would be really hard, if he turns out to be really dead. Glenn has always been my favorite character. Rick and Daryl get a lot of love from the fandom because they are badass, but I like Glenn specifically because he wasn't. Glenn is the Everyman of the show. While on occasion he has reached deep within himself to kick some zombie butt when he has to, at heart he is an average Joe. Rick and Daryl represent who the fans want to be more like, but Glenn is who represents the fans as they really are, and it's easier to relate to him. Without him, they will need a character to fill that archetype, but they won't be able to find anyone who can do it so well.

i'll admit, i screamed out NO and then cried.  then proceeded to post on FB  "Dear AMC, you suck! RIP Glenn :( "

i dont think he's dead yet, but i do think he might as well be dead.  that wasn't him being torn apart.  the idiot fell on top of him, so it was the other dude ( Nick??) being ripped apart.  but i just dont see (aside form the creator coming down and picking him up) how glenn gets out of that without being at the very least bitten half a dozen times (but more realistically, mobbed to death)  <_<

if anything, i hope that he makes it back to Maggie to get some closure ...  she's just coming back from Beth, the character needs closure from Glenn or else i really fear for her sanity.  i dont think she'd come back from a mental break like Sasha or Rick did ...  and really, Rick never came back fully.

what i liked about Glenn, was that his character showed the most growth and progression from what he started out as, to what he is now.  i really liked watching him evolve and become stronger yet still maintain his humanity.  there will be a strong gap left in the group with his death though, a gap that no one right now can fill  (maybe the dude with Dreds??)

I think in this case they will because it's the perfect introduction for a certain character.

Also flashback episode next week, some are upset what do you all think? Personally I'm not EXCITED for a Morgan flashback but I'm not mad about it either.

We'll find out what's up with Glenn later. Nbd.

personally i dont give two flips about whats in the comics or the games, spoilers or otherwise.  its been addressed before that this show doesn't follow the comics *shrugs*   if you want to say what happens in the comics or discuss how its different, then go for it.  to me those aren't really spoilers because, again, the show isn't following the comics.

hmmm, flash back episode.  so long as:

A - they solve the Glenn thing and dont leave it hanging

B - its not in black and white

seeing a fast forward version of what happened to Morgan to get him to evolve like he has would be interesting imo ^_^  for me it seems like he went from "paranoid gun owner" to "bad ass cool guy" without showing us what caused the change in him.  so character building wise, if they're not just gonna kill him off in two episodes, its a good idea to show us how he go to where he is mentally.

Glenn is still alive. The TV show has no choice but to kill him off as he was in the comic. His death in print was the single biggest event in the comics, because of who it was, who killed him, and the manner in which he was killed. The show deviates from the comics often, and it usually works, but in this instance, it isn't possible to change Glenn's death. He'll be killed soon, and as it was meant to happen. But he isn't dead yet, bank on it.

• 3 months later...

Archived