DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 5 - BOOK SPOILERS!

Niniel

Ok, so we finished season 5 last night. Jon's murder was well done, but I was taken aback by the different way the killers used to lure him out. Wun Wun wasn't even in the scene. Having Alliser at the head of the plot was a twist. I actually think the book missed a step by not having Alliser be part of the mutiny against Jon, because it was hatred at first sight between them, and nothing ever happened to change how they felt about each other. Alliser is the one person who most logically should be part of a move against Jon.

Jon sent Ser Alliser north of the Wall on a ranging before the mutiny happened... the show cut out so much of what was happening at the Wall, it really isn't comparable anymore, but it did pack a gut punch seeing it visually.
Yes, but IMO the book narrative was hurt by sending Alliser away. If there's a plot against Jon, it should Iinclude the person who has despised him all along.

And no one seems to have mentioned much the one thing about the Dorne storyline that's annoyed me: the action scenes when Jamie is involved. Ever since Jamie lost his hand, the show seems to have pretty much glossed over his efforts to learn how to fight all over again. We've had a scene or two of practice duels with Bronn. But when they arrive in Dorne, Jamie is suddenly an expert at left-handed swordfighting. He relearned everything way too quickly after a lifetime of doing it the other way.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived