DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 5 - BOOK SPOILERS!

Niniel

Feels like we read different books.  Quentyn was full of doubt in his PoVs but tried to put a brave face on it.  The attempt to steal the dragons was the height of idiocy, but was motivated largely by his unwillingness to return to his father empty-handed.  He should have swallowed his pride and sailed back to Dorne, but he was a young man and a prince, so it's not hard to understand why he didn't.  As for his thinking he could marry Daenerys, he's hardly alone in that, and it might actually have worked had he arrived either earlier or later.

And Sansa has been a very interesting character since book 4 imo.  She did a lot of growing up in King's Landing and is showing in the Vale that she's just about ready to come into her own.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*shrugs*  that was my interpretation of him when i read the book, and its stuck with me.  where you guys see "foolhardy mis-directed boy"  i see "pompous ass that judged himself worth more than what he was and deserved what he got".

i think mostly it was his thoughts toward Danny.  that he would ride on her coat tails and let her do all the hard work and then take the spot light and the glory.  which is typical of most royalty tbh, i just didn't like him and didnt empathize for him at all.

tbh i didn't know which was funnier.  that he thought he could tame Danny or her dragons.

edit - all of this to say that still i'm surprised HBO seems to be skipping his story line

Couldn´t watch the second episode until yesterday. I think it was mostly a good episode.

I loved everything about the Wall. The scene with Shiren and Gilly was great. The girl playing Shiren is doing it great. I fear for Shiren´s life this season. I hope she will make it. 

The scene with Jon, Stannis and Davos was great as well. I love that they included the letter from Lyanna Mormont. "... and he is a Stark." :D  I think that it went a little bit too fast after that. Jon should have gotten time to really think it over and not desiding to refuse right away. It was at bit weird that neither Jon nor Sam mentioned Bran or Rickon. They know that they are alive in the series. I also think that the election happened too fast but Aliser and Sam were great. And Maester Aemon! I just love him. That smile when he picked Jon. Excellent!

I don´t like how they have changed Brienne. She is like a whole new person. But I liked the scene where her sword cut the other sword into pieces.

I like the new Ellaria even less. I understand that they need to cut people from the story and that they had to make her into an Arianne. But she was not at all like herself from last season. I like Doran though.

A change that I do like is that Jaquen H´gar has returned. Or his face at least. :D

Tyrion was one of my favourite characters in the beginning but in the last book he was so boring. I guess that feeling makes me not like him now in the series even though his scene was okay. I long for Jorah to show up.

I don´t care much for the Mereen story but Daario has improved and I loved the scene with Drogo and Dany. 

I enjoyed the Bronn - Lollys scene. I often like all of Bronn´s scenes. 

It will be fun to see Cersei getting mad. :)

finally got around to watching the episode myself.   HBO is changing ... a lot ...  from what i can recall.   not my favorite episode by far, but it seems that their not skipping over Q-Berts story line  (what, his name is hard to spell and he's the only character with a Q name :tongue: its either that or i call him Quentin Tarantino lmao).  theres some changes i just dont like nor get.  last nights episode was almost enough to get me to just DVR the show and wait to watch it until next year when the new book is out.

anyone notice Winterfell is no longer filled with smoke on the map?

the wall

so i'm surprised but at the same time not surprised by them speeding up the elections.  i think it leaves out a lot of building, especially for Sam, but i get why they skipped it.  the election itself was wonderful though, loved the end part with Aemon.

the bits between Gilly and Stannis's daughter was meh ...  another angle HBO seems to be dropping is the bit with the babies.  Gilly's baby hasn't been around at all, and i can't recall if they ever introduced Manice's baby.

Melisandra isn't harping about wanting the blood of a king to burn. so i wonder if they'll send Same over the narrow sea; as this is the event that caused that arc to happen (baby swap and getting Aemon away).

Kingslanding

why is the black fish leaving?  he needs to be in Kingslanding for events to go down as planned ....  seriously, i want to see that bitch cersie get at least part of what she deserves, i know HBO makes a point of showing her in the best possible light ever ...  but you can't skip this entire scene.  also why skip burning the Hands Tower.

why is Jamie going to dorne?  he needs to lay siege to the Tully's.  how else is bernie supposed to go try and kill him ...

bronn is awesome :laugh:

Dorne

was perfect.  enough said

Sansa/Bernie

i dont like this change at all, and i can't say i like that addage of Sansa's story.  with Sansa its either way off base or a spoiler to us book readers.  it just aint cool imo

i dislike them scrubbing the pedophile thing Littlefinger had going with Sansa.  it added more anxiety to the situation.  now he's turning less herbert the pervert and more obi-wan to her.   i also dont get why they're trying to get her to take over half the land (or atleast that seemed to be littlefingers implication).

Bernie is changing too, the confrontation between her and little finger was a nice addition, but i can't put my finger on why i dont like this version of bernie.  at this point i'm hoping that if they do include Stoneheart, that she kills bernie instead of not following through.  (and i'm expecting this to happen like next episode tbh)

Mereen/Tryion

Danny's scenes were awesome.  i continue to like them speeding up her arc, and i loved the added scene with Drogon at the end.  he's a beautiful dragon!  i've always wondered if the situation in mereen happened because Danny is really an incompetent ruler or because of the situaiton itse;f (trying to force the society to live a different way).

Tyrion and Varys blip coulda been left out imo.  it was more distracting and rang like less of a filler/arc enhancement and more of a shout out to us book readers that "no we're still including Q-Bert dont worry".

Ayra

still remains my fav arc of the series, book or show.  i love this little actress for Arya.  bringing back Jaquen's face was wonderful and added to it imo.  i can't wait to see her progress to ultimate assassin extraordinaire and i wonder if they'll show her warging it up with Nymeria?  (they've skipped Jon and Ghost's connection ...  so idk)

finally got around to watching the episode myself.   HBO is changing ... a lot ...  from what i can recall.   not my favorite episode by far, but it seems that their not skipping over Q-Berts story line  (what, his name is hard to spell and he's the only character with a Q name :tongue: its either that or i call him Quentin Tarantino lmao).  theres some changes i just dont like nor get.  last nights episode was almost enough to get me to just DVR the show and wait to watch it until next year when the new book is out.

Qyburn?

anyone notice Winterfell is no longer filled with smoke on the map?

Yes, and with a Bolton sign on top. :(

the wall

so i'm surprised but at the same time not surprised by them speeding up the elections.  i think it leaves out a lot of building, especially for Sam, but i get why they skipped it.  the election itself was wonderful though, loved the end part with Aemon.

the bits between Gilly and Stannis's daughter was meh ...  another angle HBO seems to be dropping is the bit with the babies.  Gilly's baby hasn't been around at all, and i can't recall if they ever introduced Manice's baby.

Melisandra isn't harping about wanting the blood of a king to burn. so i wonder if they'll send Same over the narrow sea; as this is the event that caused that arc to happen (baby swap and getting Aemon away).

That is why I´m fearing for Shiren´s life. Only one with kings blood except for Maester Aemon.

Kingslanding

why is the black fish leaving?  he needs to be in Kingslanding for events to go down as planned ....  seriously, i want to see that bitch cersie get at least part of what she deserves, i know HBO makes a point of showing her in the best possible light ever ...  but you can't skip this entire scene.  also why skip burning the Hands Tower.

Not Blackfish, it´s Kevan. But I agree, it would have been great to see a scene with only Cersei and Kevan.

why is Jamie going to dorne?  he needs to lay siege to the Tully's.  how else is bernie supposed to go try and kill him ...

I have read too many spoilers before the show started so I knew he was going to Dorne. I´ll see if I like it or not. I´m one of the few that doesn´t like Lady Stoneheart so I won´t cry if they skip her. 

bronn is awesome :laugh:

Dorne

was perfect.  enough said

Sansa/Bernie

i dont like this change at all, and i can't say i like that addage of Sansa's story.  with Sansa its either way off base or a spoiler to us book readers.  it just aint cool imo

i dislike them scrubbing the pedophile thing Littlefinger had going with Sansa.  it added more anxiety to the situation.  now he's turning less herbert the pervert and more obi-wan to her.   i also dont get why they're trying to get her to take over half the land (or atleast that seemed to be littlefingers implication).

Bernie is changing too, the confrontation between her and little finger was a nice addition, but i can't put my finger on why i dont like this version of bernie.  at this point i'm hoping that if they do include Stoneheart, that she kills bernie instead of not following through.  (and i'm expecting this to happen like next episode tbh)

Mereen/Tryion

Danny's scenes were awesome.  i continue to like them speeding up her arc, and i loved the added scene with Drogon at the end.  he's a beautiful dragon!  i've always wondered if the situation in mereen happened because Danny is really an incompetent ruler or because of the situaiton itse;f (trying to force the society to live a different way).

Tyrion and Varys blip coulda been left out imo.  it was more distracting and rang like less of a filler/arc enhancement and more of a shout out to us book readers that "no we're still including Q-Bert dont worry".

Ayra

still remains my fav arc of the series, book or show.  i love this little actress for Arya.  bringing back Jaquen's face was wonderful and added to it imo.  i can't wait to see her progress to ultimate assassin extraordinaire and i wonder if they'll show her warging it up with Nymeria?  (they've skipped Jon and Ghost's connection ...  so idk) 

I wonder about that too but right now it seems like only Bran is a warg. I would love if she had a wolf dream.

Thoughts while watching tonight's episode...

* The temple of the Many Faced God looks totally cool

* "There is only one god..."  Hey remember what Syrio taught you?

* Cersei looks like she's been sucking lemons.  Lena Headey is good at that face.

* Hey they got married.  I wonder if Tommen will live to consummate this marriage, or if the black widow strikes again... OH I GUESS HE DID

* OBVIOUSLY TOMMEN HAS BEEN AGED UP IN THE SHOW :ohmy:

* "This is all I want to do all day, every day for the rest of my life."   .......   :dry:

* Oh, sneaky wench, trying to get Tommen to send Cersei away from Kings Landing.

* "I adore her"  LIAR

* "Do you think she's intelligent? I can't quite tell."  Oh Cersei, you raging b*tch

* "I wish we had some wine for you, it's a bit early in the day for us"  (AKA we know you're a lush, and aren't afraid to point it out to your face)

* I foresee some icily civil catfights in the future

* WINTERHELL.  Oh, poor broken Theon.  Alfie Allen is just freaking brilliant.

* Oh, Boltons.  How I didn't miss you.

* Stop talking with your mouth full, Ramsay, I want to choke you with that fork.

* Oh god no, Roose.   Oh god.  Don't tell me...

* NO SANSA NOOOOOOOO  Oh Littlefinger, you ass.  HOW COULD YOU. 

* I do love the look on Sansa's face when she figures out where Littlefinger is taking her and that he's going to marry her off to a Bolton.  

* Avenge them - marry Ramsay Bolton and stab him to death on your wedding night before he can lay a finger on you!!!  THIS IS THE  ONLY ACCEPTABLE OUTCOME

* Brienne and Pod :wub:

* Aww, Pod.  So loyal to Tyrion.

* Aww, Pod.  "I'm proud to be your squire"

* Aww, Brienne. The game.  I JUST WANT TO HUG YOU.

* Lord Commander Jon Snow! 

* Olly!

* Stannis, I love ya, but stop trying to talk Jon into breaking his vows.  :mad:

* "I heard it was best to keep your enemies close"  "Whoever said that didn't have many enemies."   *hi5 Stannis*

* Ahh, Davos.  I love you too.  But you know nothing, Davos Seaworth.  HELLO, HAVE YOU MET THE OTHERS AND THEIR ARMY OF ZOMBIES?

* Oh Arya, you are so not ready.

* NEEDLE.  YOU CAN'T DO IT. 

* What am I doing here?  Oh look, it's a dead guy.  You want me to do what now?

* Sansa returns to Winterfell... and she does NOT LOOK HAPPY.

* Fat Walda sighting!

* Oh, that icy moment of decision before Sansa decides to be courteous to the Boltons

* Is that a lineup of Ramsay's "playmates"?

* THE NORTH REMEMBERS :wub:

* Maester Aemon is sick?  Noooo :sad:

* Latrine Captain...  good job for a ginger :unsure:

* Janos Slynt, you should learn to shut your mouth. 

* Janos, why are you smiling?  You know nothing, Janos Slynt.

* Oh, he's not trying to *frighten* you, Lord Janos. This is your execution.  And that's a Valyrian Steel sword.

* Like a hot knife through butter.

* OH HEY BOOBS.  Now there's a segue.

* BYE BYE HIGH SEPTON

* Ewww, saggy old man butt

* Walk of shame for the High Septon :ohmy:

* Right Pycelle.  We know what you're defending him for.  :laugh:

* Cersei, I don't think this is a great idea.... oh, why do I care?  It's Cersei.

* The High Sparrow is a very nice guy.  But you probably won't like having a true believer in charge, Cersei.

* FRANKENGREGOR SIGHTING

* "I've become quite fond of Lady Sansa... She's suffered enough"  "I'll never hurt her."  OH REALLY RAMSAY.  REALLY.

* Two people I despise making sneaky political alliances.  I need a shower.

* Tyrion and Varys... I love these two together.

* Oh look, it's the Asian version of Melisandre, speaking Valyrian. 

* OH CRAP SHE'S LOOKING AT ME

* OH HEY I KNOW THAT YELLOW SHIRT

* Um. An a**less Daenerys costume.  I am mildly disturbed.

* "What will I do with my spare time?"  *snerk*

* Apparently pee off of a bridge.

* DWARFNAPPING!!!

Ha, ha. I love your notes, Tress. 

My thoughts of E03:

Arya: Great for her to get some new clothes. I really look forward to her story but I didn´t like the changes. The House of Black and White looks great but in my head it was much bigger with a lot of more statues. I wasn´t fond of the waif, if that is who she was supposed to be. I still like Jacquen though. I also thought of Syrio´s comment. "...not today."

Brienne and Pod: great scene. Old Brienne is back. I hope we get to see their sword lessons. 

Sansa: This story doesn´t make any sense to me. Why did she agree on it so easily? And how come that her marriage to Tyrion doesn´t count? Yeh, I know their reasons but I think it´s an easy shortcut. My biggest consern is how they are going to treat her and Theon. If Theon rescue Sansa then she is still the little helpless girl. And if she rescues him then he won´t get his redemption scene. All that said, I actually look forward to the Winterfell scenes since they are totally new to me. Alfie is just wonderful in that role. It was great to see Walda too. She is so pretty. And "the North remember" comment was promising. I got a little chill when I heard it. The look that Sansa gave Roose was awesome. 

The Wall: New great scenes. This time Jon got to sit and Stannis had to stand in front of him. It was a fun moment to see Thorne when he thought he would have to dig the latrines. But why?! "Edd, fetch me a block!". Could it be so hard to write that into the script??? 

Tyrion: Jorah is back, yay! 

Cersei: Good scenes with Margery and Tommen but they never really explained why she put High Septon in prison and choose to go visit the High Sparrow. I think it was a too slow scene. 

Tommen: Ugh! Really? No! Please no. 

haven't seen episode 3 yet, but i dont mind spoilers lol

@ Tina - its not that i like Stoneheart, i hated Catlyn's character and like her reincarnation even less.  the only reason why i want her in is because i think that meeting will be a pivotal turning point for Berny's character development and it gets her back with Jamie :wub:  i love those two together and out of all the couples in the series i think Jamie & Berny are the best :wub:

Sansa's marriage to Tyrion doesn't count for much for the same reasons as in the books.  He's never consummated it, he's a dwarf, he's been convicted of regicide, he slew his father, and then fled across the narrow sea.  I'm pretty sure they will have no trouble with the septons in setting him aside.  I am not thrilled about them replacing Harry the Heir with Ramsay Bolton, but given that they've cut much worthier characters, and that they seem to have possibly cut Jeyne Poole in the same swoop, it's not surprising, and might end up working out alright for Sansa depending on how they handle it.  It will be interesting to see how the show handles things like this given the new territory they will be plowing pretty soon.

still havent seen the new episode.  its finals week these next two weeks so i'm a bit busy, plus got my mom coming in for graduation in 3 weeks ...  so a lot on my plate.  will probably get to watching it wed after Cal 2 class like last week xD

i agree with Womby on this one.  they wrote off the marriage to Tyrion in the books as well, though idk how they would get Sansa remarried under her true name tbh.  while the septons would have no problem writing off the marriage ...  once word got out that where Sansa was you can bet the Lannisters would be after her for regicide.  she had a warrant on her head just as much as Tyrion did.

so if i'm getting this right, they're replacing fake Sansa being married to Ramsey, with real Sansa??  i agree with Tina, they've mucked up a characters development either way it turns out.  If Reek rescues Sansa (like Theon does in the books with Jeyne) then any development HBO has tried to do in forcing the naive little twit of a girl to get some sense is out the window.  if Sansa rescues Theon ...  then Reek never becomes Theon again and gets his revenge on the demented little .....  on Ramsey.

this is also discounting the fact that they've severely down played all of the iron born storyline.  Theons dad should be dead by now, he should have been long dead iirc.  the Kings moot should have happened now, and Theon's sister should be cast out by now.  to get that arc done, they'd have to focus and entire episode and 1/2 just on the iron born.

A lot of the cuts they make are characters whose roles can be filled just as easily by others.  They are good decisions for the most part, as even with the cuts, the TV series still has a ton of characters for people to remember.  I wouldn't have cut Arianne or Quentyn though.  It seems that Ellaria is going to be taking on Arianne's role.  I don't know if having someone replace Quentyn is absolutely necessary, but from the glimpse we caught of Trystane and Myrcella and the fact that Tommen has been made older for the show, it's possible that they could have Trystane take on part of Quentyn's role.

still havent seen the new episode.  its finals week these next two weeks so i'm a bit busy, plus got my mom coming in for graduation in 3 weeks ...  so a lot on my plate.  will probably get to watching it wed after Cal 2 class like last week xD

i agree with Womby on this one.  they wrote off the marriage to Tyrion in the books as well, though idk how they would get Sansa remarried under her true name tbh.  while the septons would have no problem writing off the marriage ...  once word got out that where Sansa was you can bet the Lannisters would be after her for regicide.  she had a warrant on her head just as much as Tyrion did.

so if i'm getting this right, they're replacing fake Sansa being married to Ramsey, with real Sansa??  i agree with Tina, they've mucked up a characters development either way it turns out.  If Reek rescues Sansa (like Theon does in the books with Jeyne) then any development HBO has tried to do in forcing the naive little twit of a girl to get some sense is out the window.  if Sansa rescues Theon ...  then Reek never becomes Theon again and gets his revenge on the demented little .....  on Ramsey.

this is also discounting the fact that they've severely down played all of the iron born storyline.  Theons dad should be dead by now, he should have been long dead iirc.  the Kings moot should have happened now, and Theon's sister should be cast out by now.  to get that arc done, they'd have to focus and entire episode and 1/2 just on the iron born.

Did they? I think she is still married to Tyrion in the books. But as you say, she is wanted for Joffreys death so they can´t really reveal her name yet. So it´s strange that she is going by her real name in Winterfell. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what they will do with this plot. 

I think D&D said that they kind of had to choose - Iron Islands or Dorne. They didn´t have time for both. I hope Yara will be back. 

THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING TONIGHT'S EPISODE (yet again, stream of consciousness)

* DUN dun, DUN dun DUN dun, DUN dun dun......

* DORNE IS ON TEH MAP..... oooh, snakey!

* Water... boat.... old guy... SOCKED IN THE FACE!!  Oh, it's Jorah.  

* Dwarf tossing!!! :ohmy:

* Jaime looking longingly at Tarth.....  I SHIP JAIME/BRIENNE! <3

* "Your niece?"  *knowing look*

* Bye bye Mace... You're obviously being sent FAR AWAY to allow Cersei to deal with your daughter unsupervised.

* And Cersei rearms the faith.  Pandora, don't you just wonder what's in that box?

* Oooh, look, TORTURE!  Persecution of prostitutes!  WASTING BEER!!!

* LANCEL GOT A FOREHEAD TATTOO >.>

* Ruh-roh... Looooooraaaaassssssss..... 

* Um, Tommen.... your wife has CLAWS.

* Tommen, this isn't gonna do you a lick of good, I promise.

* Ooooooo.... this isn't going to be at ALL pretty....  

* Smart boy.  Joffrey would have demanded the heads of everyone there.

* Bitter, bitter Selyse

* Ooooh, Melisandre gonna burn Shireen, you know it

* Love that look on Sam's face when he tries to slip the letter to Roose Bolton in front of Jon

* Unspoken dialogue.... "Are you sure you want me to leave you alone with that Red Witch?"  

* Let me show you what you're fighting for... BOOBS!

* Embrace the boobs, Jon. 

* OH JUST RUN AWAY JON  WHAT THE HELL

* Awww, he still loves Ygritte.... NOW JUST SAY NO

* You know nothing, indeed.  *shivers*

* "I know mother didn't want to bring me." "Why do you say that?" "She told me 'I don't want to bring you."  Aww, Shireen. 

* Stone men shoutout!  Who's gonna get grayscale if no JonCon?

* Aww, Shireen hug!!!! :wub: 

* Sansa in the crypts!  

* Dusty feather :tongue:

* OH LOOK A LITTLEFINGER CREEPIN' AROUND

* HEY, Tournament of Harrenhal story, THERE YOU ARE. R+L=J WILL BE CONFIRMED!

* Littlefinger heading back to Kings Landing - OF COURSE

* *snerk* Riiiiiiight.  Seduce Ramsay.  That's gonna work.  You know nothing, Petyr Baelish.

*  Jaime and Bronn are a good duo.

* "Breakfast!"  *shudder*  Snake on a stick.

* "How do you want to go?" "In the arms of the woman I love."  "She want the same thing?" .........  Yeah, thought so.

* The Dornish are coming!  The Dornish are coming!

* That poor horse :tongue:

* Saved by the golden hand :unsure:  That was kinda cool.

* "You had a wonderful teacher"  *snerk*

* "You don't need an army to start a war."  /fierce

* Obara's speech - yes!  Pretty much straight from the book!

* Tyrion, are you singing three blind mice through that gag?

* "What a waste of a good kidnapping!"

* Perceptive little Imp, aren't ya?

* Mouthy little Imp, aren't ya?  *thwack*

* Rhaegar stories from Barristan.... R+L=J WILL BE CONFIRMED!

* "I think I can protect you from Hizdahr zo Loraq."  "I think I can protect me from Hizdahr zo Loraq."  :dry:

* Yeeeeeeeshhhhhhh.... slaughter in the streets....  

* Those masks are just creepy

* DON'T YOU HURT MY GREY WORM

* Skewered! :blink:

* You can tell the other unsullied are not important cuz they left their helmets on.  :tongue:

* YEOWCH, Barristan :blink:

* GAH!  NOT BOTH OF THEM!  GAHHHHH!

* CREDITS!?!?!  *throws things at the TV screen*

I love your notes! :D  Here are mine:

* More Jorah - yay!!! *drools* Tyrion should learn not to be such a smart ass and keep his mouth shut. lol Like that is going to happen? Great scenes. 

* I don´t like the change in Jaime´s character. He started to drift away from Cersei in the books but here he still thinks of how much he love her. And he as good as admitted that Myrcella is his daughter. Didn´t like the ship scene at all but when they came to Dorne his old sarcastic self was back. Love how he forced Bronn to row and dig. :D It was fun that he got use of his golden hand as well. Bronn is, as always, one of my favourites. 

* I have longed to see Cersei´s scenes this season - watching her going mad. But I must say I´m a bit disappointed so far. It was not clear at all why she choose the new High Septon and wanted him to get a faith militant. All to get Loras arrested? I asked my unsullied family members and they don´t understand her motives. So far no signs of madness, but I guess it´s coming. It´s good to see that she is sending away Mace though. Meryn Trant is in big troubble. High Sparrow looks good so far. Also like Lancel. 

* Poor Tommen. I just want to hug him and tell him that everything is going to be okay, but of course it won´t. 

* The scene with Stannis and Shiren - WOW! It´s a lovely scene and I just love them both. Can we just kidnap Shiren and hide her from the flames? I don´t want her to die! Apperently the stone men now live near old Valyria. I also wonder who will get grayscale. Not Jorah, please! Well, I guess he is the most probable.

* The scene with Jon and Sam was great. The scene with Melisandre felt akward but at least we know that Jon still loves Ygritte. I would have given it a low score if it wasn´t for that last comment. "You know nothing, Jon Snow." Creepy. 

* Nice background scene in the crypts. How will Sansa be able to handle Ramsay? She is afraid of his father but if she just knew about Ramsay´s hobbies... Looking forward to Sansa´s scenes more and more. 

* Ellaria and the sandsnakes. Still don´t like new Ellaria. I liked Obara´s speach though. 

* Ser Barristan and Grey Worm!!! *cries* It was clear that Ser Barristan wouldn´t make it very far but he is still alive in the books. At least he died fighting. The Sons of the Harpy masks are really scary. It was a nice scene with Dany and Ser Barristan. Dany is more human this season and I like it. 

* I don´t like the change in Jaime´s character. He started to drift away from Cersei in the books but here he still thinks of how much he love her. 

One of the YouTube reviewers I watched after the episode is of the opinion Jaime was actually thinking of Brienne when he said the bit about wanting to die in the arms of the woman he loves.  Especially since he got all wistful looking at Tarth when they passed by it.

I couldn't tell ya.  But I think I'd like that better than him still pining for his sister.

Per tradition, my thoughts as I watched tonight's episode:

* Grey Worm nipples >.>

* DOH, Barristan :cry:

* You SURE you had nothing to do with it, Hizdahr?

* COME MEET MY DRAGONS, B*TCHES.  

* Ooh, flambe'd Master!  

* You're, uh, starting to take after your dear ol' dad, Dany.

* That seemed like a rather flowery sentence for such a short message. :tongue:

* But Aemon! :wub:

* "You will find little joy in your command"  Yeahhh, no doubt.

* "You belong to the realms of men.  All of you."  Oh, Jon.  I heart you.  Poor, doomed boy.

* Nice manipulating, Jon.  "Maybe you're not proud. Maybe you're a coward."

* "You're coming with me."  That... sounds like a bad idea.

* Yeahhhh.... nooooooobody likes this idea.

*  Olly is pissed.   :unsure:   (For the Watch!)

* Fierce Brienne is fierce!

* Myranda is soooooo gonna go after Sansa

* Tsk tsk, Ramsay.  Threats!

* CHOMP (and he liked it, of course)

* Meanwhile, Sansa sits in the dark...

* The distress signal is set... Chekov's gun is loaded.

* During this whole conversation between Myranda and Sansa.... waiting for the other shoe to drop...

* Donnnnnn't go in there..... doooooonnnnnnn'tttttttt

* Not locked in yet >.>

* Oooh, is she gonna find Reek?

* Alfie Allen is just frickin' wonderful

* "You shouldn't be here."  Understatement of the year.

* Iwan Rheon is good at being quietly, malevolently creepy.

* Fat Walda sighting!!!  

* Sansa's soooooo not drinking to that.

*  "It's the people who are strange."  Some stranger than others :dry:

* "The North Remembers"... THAT'S NOT YOUR LINE RAMSAY

* Why is he doing this?  Because he's a terrible, sadistic excuse for a person.

* Do you think Theon even remembers that he didn't actually kill Bran and Rickon?

* Just taunt Ramsay some more why don't you...  

* How did you manage it?  Holy crap, Ramsay. :rolleyes:

* Yes, yes, proof Roose is a complete piece of slime.  And he is your son.

* Stannis is coming!  Stannis is coming!  OH PLEASE KILL THEM ALL STANNIS.

* Setting up for Sam to go to Oldtown next season maybe?  Hmm.

* Stannis and Sam scene... I likes.

* Selyse and Shireen going along to Winterfell too?  Interesting...  very interesting...

* Aww, Davos and Shireen :wub:  "When the battle comes, promise you'll protect me."

* Melisandre staring at Jon. Aaaaaaand leaving, without the "daggers in the dark... keep your wolf close" warning.  I am mildly disappointed.

* Grey Worm is awake!  Aaaaand, now he is depressed.

* Awwww, eunuch love.  

* Dany, if you have no idea what to do, maybe you should just go home.  Or shoot Nolder, whichever.

* Hizdahr begging and crying before her... That makes him a perfect husband!  :dry:

* Such a fun boat trip for Tyrion!  "Long, sullen silences and the occasional punch in the face!"

* Ruins of Valyria...  INCOMING STONE MEN?

* Awww, quoting poetry at each other.  A bonding moment.

* DROGON SIGHTING

* STONE MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!  INCOMIIIINNNGGGGGGGGGG

* Eeeeeeeeeeeee, Tyrion!!!  

* Oh good, it wasn't a cliffhanger.

* Oh NOW you cut him free

* Jorah's so getting grayscale. >.<

* YUP THERE IT IS

* He's so gonna bring the plague to Meereen....  jerkface.

This episode was a bit slow. There are a lot of set up scenes. I liked most scenes though.

The Wall: I love everything about the Wall. Maester Aemon is a lovely character. I thought he would going to die but I guess they wait another episode or two. Sam is great as always. I liked his talk with Stannis. You could see how he shrunk when Stannis talked about his father. Will they do the Oldtown story? I thought that they would skip it but now I´m not sure. 

Kit is playing Jon really well. I like that he makes those hard decisions. Still it´s weird that Stannis understands what the danger are but still riding south. The scene with Olly - yeh, he is going to do the stabbing. 

So everyone of Team Dragonstone are coming with Stannis. Hm... I guess it would be lonely at the Wall since Jon will be leaving too. 

Winterfell: Well that was an awkward family dinner. :D I really liked it. Alfie is playing so well, and the rest too. I just want to strangle Ramsey. His reaction to the baby news was great. I wonder who is the secrete helpers? 

Meereen: I liked how Dany fed her dragons but the scen didn´t really fit with her last dragon scen. Then she was so scared of them but now she was all tough again. But the proposal just came out of the blue. It made no sense. 

Valyria - it felt weird that they made Valyria so "ordinary". You are not supposed to travel that close to it. But the surrounding looked good. Tyrion´s face when he saw the dragon was great. 

NO!!! Jorah! I feared that this would happen. Is Dany going to mercy kill him eventually? Anyway, it´s clear that one of my favourite characters won´t make it another season. :(

I missed Arya. I hope we will see her in the next episode. 

actually got to watch it live this week, rather than waiting a few days since school is out and D&D was cancelled  ^_^

i would actually like to compliment HBO on one thing.  their consolidating story arcs and getting a lot of the key players interacting together, instead of spreading the out.  it makes you feel like you're getting so much more content and progress

The Wall -

<3 Aemon, i also liked them including his lamenting over Danny being alone. i'm also glad to see GIlly's baby back, and i'm glad that their laying the ground work for Sam to go the Oldentown to study to be the new maester.  i'm confused about how there going to go about this, because what convinces Jon to task Sam with this, is the Red Lady wanting to burn Aemon and Mance's baby and needing to get him to safety.

Jon's arc feels like the only one left that isn't deviating form the books ...  his arc is progressing nicely and on track, though i do take a qualm with him not having ghost any where near him, those two should be glued at the hip.  seems like their going to go forth with the Julius Cesar style execution on him, at least they're giving the guys motive to do so. 

my main fear here is two things.  if Sam isn't sent away, then he'll be killed too.  and if the Red Lady is going with Stannis, who will resurrect Jon??

Stannis moving onto Winterfell will be an interesting battle.  i wonder what he'll do when he finds theres a Stark alive within the castle??  how he'll secure the North to him, given he has no son to marry Sansa too, to create a blood tie between them and ensure the North backs him (though given the attitudes we've seen, the North is likely to rally to him for the sheer fact of disposing of the Boltons)

the Onion Knight reaffirms my affections for his character with that comment to Stannis's daughter :wub: he's a genuinely nice guy ...  i wonder why Martin hasn't killed him off yet :lol:

Winterfell -

Berny is a wonderful character.  looks like their skipping Lady Stoneheart ^_^ tho i'm not sure why ....  seems like they're replacing Theon's sisters arc with Berny's and just doing away with any Ironborn plot line all together.  its a bold move and redirection for HBO and is the arc they're using to assume their own identity from the books *nods*  i wonder who will get to Sansa first ...  Berny or Stannis ....  and what Stannis will do with Berny, considering she's accused of killing his brother (even though he knows otherwise)

If i was Sansa, i'd be lighting that Candle like last week xD  i'm actually starting to enjoy her arc in this show, at least i'm starting not to gag and want to fast forward when she's on screen.  this has less to do with her character and more to do with where she's at *nods* her reaction to reek and the boltons was spot on to how i think she should react  *nods*  permanent resting bitch face FTW  i actually felt a twinge of saddness when she looked up at the tower where Bran fell and her comment of "i'm not in a weird place, its just the people that are weird" was one of my fav lines from the entire episode.

the Bastard if being his sadistic self, and thats great.  loved his reaction to hearing he has a sibling on the way ...  i wonder how he'll get rid of the unborn kid lol.  his taunting of the kennel masters daughter is going to come back to bite him, i'd be fearful of that one stabbing me while i slept.  the comment about Bran and Rickon was surprising yet not surprising *nods*  i wonder if Ramsey recalls that they didn't actually kill them and has just told the lie so many times he now believes it.  Theon doesn't though, you could see it in his hesitation.  i think with Sansa there, we'll see Reek start to turn back into Theon, like he did with Jenney Poole in the books.

speaking of Rickon and Bran ...  i wonder if HBO will toss Rickon to the side like they did the Ironborn and Tully's.

Tyrion & Jorah - 

<3 Tyrion.  i absolutely adored his reaction to Drogon.  its like watching a guy see boobies for the first time ^_^  i have to wonder what went through Jorah's mind, seeing Drogon that far from Danny.

Jorah getting greyscale is an interesting twist.  sad he's going to die, but interesting.

i'm glad it wasn't a cliff hanger on Tyrion being dragged under

Danny -

they seem to be glossing over her arc with Dario and how he betrays her.  he was the main pusher in the books for opening the fighting pits .... Danny using her dragons like that was out of character imo.  not the intimidation part, but the actual using them to kill a person.  the marriage thing case out of left field.  i get why she's doing it, i can sorta see why HBO would change that .....  but in the long term it makes no sense character wise, given her goal is to reclaim westeros.  the only reason she'd make roots in Mereen like that is if he planned to stay.

at this point, Mereen is beyond stale.  its beyond time for her to jump on Drogons back and fly away.  that should, hopefully, come in the next episode or two *nods*

Greyworm and that chick make such a cute couple :wub:

• Community Administrator

Just have to say.

For a minute, I thought the naked girl with Ramsey Bolton was Sansa. Which would have been completely out of character, and I was trying to do the math in my head. (Is she even 18?!) lol

(I think she's 19 now...)

Stream of consciousness commentary on tonight's episode:

* Previously on... Mormonts!  Littlefinger! Dorne!  Faceless Man Stuff!

* Have I mentioned how much I love Braavos on the opening map? :wub:

* Are they still washing that dead dude?

* Oh, it's a lady. 

* Ohhh, montage of dead people.

* Curious Arya is curious.  No one is not curious.  The "waif" is snotty.

* The game of faces is beyond you, young padawan.

* Always nice to be woken up in the middle of the night by a man asking "who are you?"

* Wrong answer, dear.  He's not asking you to tell him your life story, he's wanting you to be a better liar.

*  "We never stop playing."  Yep.

* Ahh, Tyrion having a bonding moment with Jorah.  

* RIP Jeor Mormont :sad:

* It's a long walk from Valyria to Meereen, dolls.

* Guess I'm the only one here to euthanize your daughter, sir.  Let me get right on that.

* Oh, she's lying quite nicely. 

* What is wrong with me that I'm proud of her for this :unsure:

* Aaaaaand down we goooooo

* Oh wowwwwwwwww.  Impressive.

* Oh wowwwwwwwww.  Creeeeepy.

* THERE'S DAMN FACES EVERYWHERE

* NO SHE'S NOT READY!

* Why Daenerys?  Because she's a hottie, duh.

* Oh, right, destiny.

* True, it doesn't mean she's going to be a great queen.  She's probably more than half crazy.

* Whoopsies.  Slavers.

* Well, I guess they aren't gonna have to walk after all.

* LOL, Tyrion.  "The dwarf lives until we find a c*ck merchant."

* Sixty?  Poor Jorah. 

* Littlefinger... Lancel is watching youuuuuu

* Oh right, Cersei.  Act all insulted that Loras prefers men to you.

* "Lysa was a good woman, a kind woman..." "She wasn't either of those things."   :unsure: oh snap

* Oh snap, Littlefinger rats out Sansa.  Playing both sides.

* Oh, yes, skin them both Cersei.  You do that.

* Aaaaand Littlefinger offers to kill the victor in the Stannis/Bolton battle and kill Sansa for Cersei... who is he going to screw over the hardest here?

* Trystane and Myrcella... how doomed.

* Bronn singing "the Dornishman's Wife".,,, :laugh:  I love these moments.

* "I like to improvise." "That explains the golden hand."  Ouch.

* Stalked by Sand Snakes!

* "That was something stupid."  Yep.

* SAND SNAKE ATTACK

* Areo Hotah vs. Obara - awkward.

* Yes, lock them all up, sort them out later.

* OLENNA! :wub:

* "If they arrested all the pillow biters in Kings Landing, there'd be no room left in the dungeons."  *snerk*

* Cersei vs. Olenna.  Claws are OUT.

* Plausible deniability is a thing.  

* *clears throat* Lying on the stand during a Holy Inquest.  Good job.

* Oh nice, Margaery.  YOU KNOW THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS WITNESSES FOR THE PROSECUTION.

* Aaaaaand here comes Olyvar.  

* Oh lovely, Cersei.  Pretend you support the Tyrells.   :rolleyes:

* AND MARGAERY GOES TO TRIAL.  Poor shellshocked Tommen.  No more nookie.

* Myranda helps Sansa bathe before the wedding...  THIS CAN NOT END WELL

* Hey, she might be in love with him, but she's telling you the truth.  You should totally be frightened.

* Sansa looks purty :smile:

* The walk through the godswood is lovely.  *mounting sense of dread*

* Theon was almost Theon-ish for a minute there.

* Will you take him?  HELL NO RUN AWAY

* NO DON'T TAKE HIM, STAB HIM IN THE FACE AND RUN AWAY

* Ugh, DREAD!

* "Are you pleased, my lady?"  HELL NO I'M NOT PLEASED YOU PSYCHOPATH, GET AWAY

* "Lord Tyrion was kind, he was gentle..." and YOU ARE NOT

* GET YOUR HAND OFF HER FACE A$$HAT

* "You stay here Reek, you watch"....  AGH *shudder*   I just... I can't .... SANSA YOU SHOULD HAVE BELIEVED MYRANDA

* Creep.  

* $#!T!!! $H!T!  Nooooooooooooooooooooo

* STAB HIM THEON

* ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!  *heavy sigh*  

Archived